Hello Guest it is March 19, 2024, 04:00:57 AM

Author Topic: New people welcome !! Come in here and introduce your self!  (Read 4511510 times)

Re: New people welcome !! Come in here and introduce your self!
« Reply #980 on: December 27, 2010, 06:13:02 AM »
Hi ,

I am Shashank. I am form India. Already have a two CNC Desktop Miling machine having stepper motor. One is from Roland Japan and one is from Local manufacturer. Both the machine have PC Based controller.

Now I want to replace the local machine controller with other one which is supporting to Mach 3.

I want to use a stepper motor having holding torque of 2N-m

Please suggest me suitable Motion control Card

Regards,

Shashank   
« Reply #981 on: January 01, 2011, 02:00:11 PM »
Hi All,

I'm Dave Hannaman, live in Retta, TX (just South of Ft. Worth).  Up until last month I had been programming MS Access Databases (Visual basic) for a huge healthcare company for the last 11 years.

A few years ago a friend invited me (as the resident neighborhood computer geek) to take the Alpha CAM class that was provided with the purchase of his MultiCAM machine.  And it started my interest in CNC machines.  Since then I've done a lot of reading on the subject, and attended a few North Texas CNC users group events.

My Dad is the owner of "Retta Texas Fine Woods" on facebook.  He's looking to purchase a router setup, and the prices seem a bit astronomical to me considering that we can weld have the space and work with computer, and I think I've talked him into building one.  So in the next month or so hopefully we can put together a 5x10 router.

If it goes reasonably well I hope to make more for sale.  ;D

Wish me luck, I'll try to keep the newbie questions to a minimum!

Dave

« Reply #982 on: January 01, 2011, 04:44:06 PM »
Hi, I am Doug from near Inverness in the north of Scotland. I have been using cnc routers for a number of years making wood signs and things mainly on a hobby level but I do a little commercial work. recently I was offered an old Isel router which is not working and has been lying around for a few years so I have been doing as much research as possable on the net with the hope of getting it going again. this is a huge learning curve as the workings of routers are all a bit of a mystery at the moment. my present router is a Gerber dimension 200 which is incredably simple to operate. If I am to convert the Isel i understand that I will need  control software and it seems Mach3 is the the way to go. I have downloaded the trial version and am trying to familiarise with it as much as possable before putting it to test, if there is anyone within a couple of hours of Inversness using Mach3 to control a router I would love to see it in action. I have a small video of the dimension 200 on youtube just do a search for Gerber dimension 200 (beware the background noise) well off to trawl the site for more info and further confuse myself, cheers Doug

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
« Reply #983 on: January 01, 2011, 05:00:44 PM »
I have a couple of milling machines and a lathe under Mach control but afraid no router. I live in Carnoustie  but workshop is in Arbroath so you are welcome to visit if you want.
Hood
« Reply #984 on: January 01, 2011, 06:37:45 PM »
Hi Hood, thanks for the reply. I would love to take you up on that and are not too far away for me. There are loads of great tutorials and advice on the net but it would be nice to see mach3 in action. I assume the principle would be the same on a mill as the router, can I  contact you private to arrange a suitable time maybe in the next few weeks weather permitting! regards Doug

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
« Reply #985 on: January 01, 2011, 06:43:35 PM »
have sent you an email.
Hood
« Reply #986 on: January 02, 2011, 07:14:40 AM »
Hola
Uno nuevo desde EspaƱa

Offline Tweakie.CNC

•  9,195 9,195
  • Super Kitty
    • View Profile
« Reply #987 on: January 02, 2011, 07:27:41 AM »
Hola Peque,

Welcome to the forum.

Please note that there is a very active Spanish section here  http://www.machsupport.com/forum/index.php/board,51.0.html

Tweakie.
PEACE
« Reply #988 on: January 02, 2011, 07:07:44 PM »
Hi I'm Mike and ended up here researching how to set up my new Sherline mini mill for CNC. I am not a professional but have good understanding of computer systems and networking plus a little machining experience. I have the stepper motors attached and am thinking of buying the Gecko G540 4 axis controller next. I am working my way back up from the basic machine to the CAD/CAM software--I have already done some learning on the Rhino demo. My immediate needs are simple but I want to make sure that I don't limit myself in the future due to my inexperience now. I will be looking on here for anyone else doing CNC projects on a mini mill.
« Reply #989 on: January 02, 2011, 07:29:05 PM »
Hi, I just started looking into CNC/CAD/CAM products in the past few weeks. I thought the cost of it was out of my price range but doing research I found out that I can get into it little by little and get what I need and want. I'm mainly interested in metal machining. I like making things and thought what a great idea to be able to make the parts I want instead of trying to hunt them down or have someone else make them. I'm also looking into heat treating metals and welding. That way I can make whatever I want and have it the hardness I need. Who knows maybe I can turn it into a business. The main reason I wanted to get on this site is because I want to buy a mill to start with and then a lathe later, but I've been looking at the smithy line of combo machines. I talked to a guy about a week ago and told me to stay away from the small mills and lathes from places like Harbor Freight. I've heard both good and bad things about the small machines. I'm looking at being able to turn metal on the lathe of about 1-1/4" diameter. I don't know if getting a small setup to start with will be beneficial or just add to the cost of having to replace it with a bigger lathe and mill at a later date. I have a work bench that's 5' long by 2' deep and can handle about 300 pounds, to work with Any help with this would be much appreciated.