Hello Guest it is March 19, 2024, 12:27:13 AM

Author Topic: New people welcome !! Come in here and introduce your self!  (Read 4511390 times)

Offline wayja

•  11 11
    • View Profile
Re: New people welcome !! Come in here and introduce your self!
« Reply #660 on: October 12, 2009, 07:35:58 PM »
Hello Forum,

My name is Wayne and I just purchased my first CNC router with the purpose of making guitars in mind, and am a complete novice. I have read everything I could get my hands on to learn how to utilize the hardware and software. The router came with a computer loaded with Mach3 and Mastercam X, so I started there. I look forward to being an active member of the forum.

Wayne
« Reply #661 on: October 13, 2009, 02:59:44 AM »
hi chad and all the community
my name is john and live in donegal ireland just ordered me first cnc router from routout with mach3
got a particular job for it so if its ok ill be asking lots of questions many thanks john   

Offline coop

•  12 12
    • View Profile
    • Signs of Mackinaw
« Reply #662 on: October 15, 2009, 09:47:22 AM »
hello everyone, my name is bo
i currently own two k2cnc machines and am very happy with both
actually am looking to buy a third !
i am a veteran (30+) years airbrush artist !
i create everything from shirts to 3 story+ wall murals also cars, portraits etc.
i use my cnc's for an extremely fast paced tourist business in mackinaw city michigan
i mostly carve cabin and lakefront home signs within an hour  !
glad to be part of the group
bo
« Reply #663 on: October 17, 2009, 05:24:31 PM »
Hi,

I'm new to Mach 3 and cnc in general. I'm building a CNC foam cutter.

Does the demo Mach 3 software output pwm? I have tried to set it up but don't see it. Everything else (motors, etc) are working great.

Regards,

« Reply #664 on: October 18, 2009, 12:25:41 PM »
Hi,

I am working on a Yasakawa machining center of early '80's vintage and also a old stepper driven Thermwood router that I plan to convert to a flame/plasma cutter.  I joined the forum awhile ago, but decided to get the old Dynapath System 10 control on the Yasakawa working first (which I have done).  Now that I have seen the limitations and expense to repair this control, I have purchased a Galil 2280 and am starting to plan the conversion. The current plan is to keep the current wiring, old Servo Dynamics drives, and SEM DC brush servos.  I will replace the control and possibly the PLC.  I am thinking about running the router on the same control since it is 8-axis, but I'm not sure how many issues this would create.

I am a Mechanical Engineer and expert on belt drives, so hopefully I have something to contribute to the forum.  I am also learning Alibre CAD and will probably purchase Bobcad/cam for my CAM software. 

Thanks,
Mike
« Reply #665 on: October 20, 2009, 09:39:08 PM »
we are a manufacturer of brushless DC motor and control ,now we have a series of Brushless DC Motor Drive Unit is designed as specific systems for some small milling machine and Drilling Machine,This control system with perfect function, simple operation, capability of anti-interference, energy saving, low breakdown rate and easy maintenance which can achieve maximum torque and smoothness when at low speed.
motor power:
1100W 3500RPM OR 6000RPM DC300V

1500W 3500RPM OR 6000RPM DC300V

2200W 3500RPM OR 6000RPM DC300V

controller:Input AC110V or AC220V
The new features of B brushless motor controller use in mini-machine

Shenzhen Sangmutan Motor Co.,ltd

« Reply #666 on: October 22, 2009, 09:45:41 AM »
Hi there,
as you recommended - here I am.
I´m from Denmark I hope you can live with that   ;)
I´m 49 of age.
Startet as a plumber in 1979, later on I worked at many factories and aquired different skills.
Cnc-bending, welding, lathe, milling parts from small dentist-pices to 40 ton for windmills.
I am far from expert in either one or the other but I have a lot of experience.
Now! Why did I end up here, when I have try´d so much?
I must say I got the CNC-fever  :P and finaly after many year, surfing around for cnc-software the Mach3 realy infected me.
I hope I can keep my interest on a hobby level at home.
More : http://www.youtube.com/user/Rodfraeser#g/u   :o
Kind Regards
Jørgen
J J Hansen

Offline Tweakie.CNC

•  9,194 9,194
  • Super Kitty
    • View Profile
« Reply #667 on: October 22, 2009, 10:22:56 AM »
Hi Jørgen,

Welcome to the den.

Tweakie.
PEACE
« Reply #668 on: October 22, 2009, 12:44:00 PM »
Hey All, Just a middle age American with ADD. JK, well maybe?  I am a hobbyist, building cars and motorcycles since my early teens.  I dabble with MIG, TIG, Paint, Powder Coat and Vynil Graphics.  I have a ShopMaster Elderado w/ their CNC set up.  The Elderado has been on the back burner until now and trying the learning curve.  The Elderado came with Mach II and I originally paid for BobCad 19.  I really appreciate the time and effort that has gone into the training videos and manuals for Mach.  Running Mach III now and just licensed it.  BobCad has been a huge PITA and I am looking for something different.  I believe in surfing forums to learn things.  Thanks to all of you that contribute to the forums and your dedication to the industry.  I guess you would have to say that I would rather do things myself then pay someone to mess my stuff up.  If I could ever help with anything, feel free to ask.  The worst that could happen is my reply of "Huh?"  thanks again.
 ???VettDave
« Reply #669 on: October 22, 2009, 02:26:36 PM »
Hi Everyone,
I am an aspiring Engineer wanting to research and programme the control systems for a robot manipulator arm. I am new to G code and MAch 3 and would greatly appreciate the route to Tutorials and demos!
Cheers