Hello Guest it is March 19, 2024, 03:50:47 AM

Author Topic: New people welcome !! Come in here and introduce your self!  (Read 4511505 times)

Offline Davek0974

•  2,606 2,606
    • View Profile
Re: New people welcome !! Come in here and introduce your self!
« Reply #1850 on: January 16, 2014, 06:08:25 AM »
Hi all
new member here, I'm building a small CNC plasma table and never used CNC before :)

Started working my way through the demo version of Mach3, wow!

Lots to learn there, is there a section anywhere on using Mach with plasma's ???

Dave

Offline Tweakie.CNC

•  9,195 9,195
  • Super Kitty
    • View Profile
« Reply #1851 on: January 16, 2014, 07:42:32 AM »
Hi Dave,

Welcome to the forum. There is not a specific area for plasma but if you do a search for plasma you should find plenty to read.  ;)

Tweakie.
PEACE
« Reply #1852 on: January 19, 2014, 02:42:07 AM »
Hello to everyone I'm new to this forum recently purchased a 5-axis table top mill which I'm having a bit of difficulty getting to and running. I'm able to get some response from my computers keyboard in terms of jogging around the x,y and z axis motors yet when I go to MDI inputting (m3s1000) the DRO jumps like it is sending the command to the spindle yet there is nothing I have a pwm capable mill with it's own control board and power supply from a company called MIB.

At any rate the spindle works fine under the manual control knob on the control box.

Also, I should add that when I click to test the serial parallel port it gives me a window that says "no serial connection".... yet when I input the 0x378 and click apply and ok. The mills emergency stop finally came to life I have not tested any gcode to see how the mill would react yet just today is the first day that I got a new 'old' computer just for the mill.

Btw, I have a bit of experience in CAD/CAM but using industry machines; lathes and mills mostly. Also, I'm about one semester out from getting my bachelors in Electronics so I have plans on using this machine to make p.c.b.s as well as other aluminum machined parts, logos, molds so on...  just as soon as I get it to work in terms of the serial parallel / spindle issues?

Well, I could certainly use any pointers and help from everyone here with the knowledge on mach3.

Thank you in advance,

Christian from California
« Reply #1853 on: January 19, 2014, 03:52:02 PM »
Hello All today is Sunday, I have successfully tested the sample g-code which came with the mill that I have purchased it works well in MACH3 the only things is there seems to be no recognition from MACH3 in terms of either sending the PWM signal to the machine spindle card which would turn the spindle on and off as well as vary the speed under MACH3 as opposed to my manually turning it on or off on the machine it self.

The variable rotary knob of the machine does in fact work so it seems as if the PWM does seem to work and the spindle is in fact getting power which makes me want to say that the problem is either in the pwm boards controller not properly connecting to MACH3 or perhaps it is the opposite with MACH3 not meshing to the machine.

Also, yesterday I had the machine hooked up with a brand new 25foot DB25 parallel port cable today I used the included 4.5foot cable that came with the machine but same exact results so I don't think it is v-drop or anything like that in terms of signal loss over distance?

Any help would be much appreciated as I really bought this to be able to control it with MACH3 not by manually hand turning the unit on and off.

Offline Tweakie.CNC

•  9,195 9,195
  • Super Kitty
    • View Profile
« Reply #1854 on: January 20, 2014, 02:07:07 AM »
Hi Christian,

Welcome to the forum.

If you post your questions as a new topic in the general Mach discussion section you should get a response to help you resolve the problem.

Tweakie.
PEACE
« Reply #1855 on: January 20, 2014, 01:07:39 PM »
 8) Hi, my name is Harald. I`m a mechatronics-student in Norway. We`re using MACH3 as one of the upgrades on the Universitys CNC Plasma Burner.

H
« Reply #1856 on: January 20, 2014, 08:01:11 PM »
He
Hi Christian,

Welcome to the forum.

If you post your questions as a new topic in the general Mach discussion section you should get a response to help you resolve the problem.

Tweakie.

Thank You Tweakie

I will post as a new topic thank you
« Reply #1857 on: January 21, 2014, 08:41:54 AM »
Hi,

I'm new to this site, had my cnc router for just under a year now, having wanting one of my own for a number of years.
Since having it I have got into cutting cardboard using the donek drag knife, very good it is to. which brings me on to why I joined, I want to try and add an inkjet print head to the cnc and wanted to see if Mach3 would be able to operate it?? has anyone done or seen one??

Thank you

Dan
« Reply #1858 on: January 22, 2014, 08:32:43 AM »
Hi all,
I'm Kenneth, a machinist in louisiana U.S.A. and have been
using cnc for about 4 years. after mach4 comes out, how long
before support for mach3 last ?
Kenneth

Offline Tweakie.CNC

•  9,195 9,195
  • Super Kitty
    • View Profile
« Reply #1859 on: January 22, 2014, 10:18:36 AM »
Hi Kenneth,

An impossible question to answer but I suspect the forum support will last both your and my lifetimes.  ;)

Tweakie.
PEACE