Hello Guest it is March 19, 2024, 05:47:13 AM

Author Topic: New people welcome !! Come in here and introduce your self!  (Read 4511580 times)

Two Questions About Mach 3
« Reply #490 on: February 10, 2009, 12:45:14 PM »
Hi there, I'm new to CNC.  I'm interested in Mach 3.  I have two questions: 

1) Can I use glass scales for closed loop machining feedback during maching.  The manual mentions they can be connected to for manual DRO. 

2) Is there a post-processor available for VisualMill?  I'm considering using this software to convert Solidworks models for machining.

Thanks, Rennie.
Re: New people welcome !! Come in here and introduce your self!
« Reply #491 on: February 10, 2009, 02:19:07 PM »
Hello,
My name is Tom and I am retrofitting a Hurco SM1.
1986 Hurco SM1 Stock ElectroCraft Servos and encoders, Larkin Viper 200 drives, Smoothstepper, CNC4PC C23 BOB, Dura Pulse GS3 VFD, Mach 3
« Reply #492 on: February 10, 2009, 04:47:02 PM »
Hi, my name is stephen and i work for a sign making company.

some years ago we attempted to create a cnc router table, unfortunatley not too long after purchasing a couple of versions of plans the project was shelved. However, it has now been started again.

We have tried to do a lot of research and subsiquently begun the project again from scratch, incorporating a number of different styles of machine and methods.

I have just purchased a copy of mach3 and are about to have a bit of a play to familiarise myself with the software, in eager anticipation of getting the machine up and running.

I am going to have a good scout through the forums and hope i can post some pics of our progress.

Cheers
stephen
« Reply #493 on: February 12, 2009, 09:59:43 AM »
Hello, My name is Michael (OutThnk) My brother(Robert) and I have neared completion of our plans to build a 5 axis cnc.  Our beast will be able to handle most any material and size.  As a 3d designer I felt this is a natural step for me.  Both my brother and I have extensive background in metal fabrication and are very excited about starting our build.  We will begin Feb 16th.  Plans are to post any and all information we can including video and pictures. Later projects will include an additional 6th axis bolt on.
« Reply #494 on: February 15, 2009, 05:57:59 PM »
Hi my name is Nuno and i started my cnc machine a couple of months , now i am trying to get my electronics running . After that i think i am going to use mach .I have used turbo cnc but mach3 is much better .
« Reply #495 on: February 16, 2009, 11:29:21 PM »
Greetings and thanks for all the helpful post.  The Mach3 videos have been fantastic for figuring this stuff out.

We got a used 5 x 10 router table and got it working now.  We added on a vacuum table that will double as a water table so we can plasma cut parts for the steel sailboat we are getting ready to build.  The router will do interior foam relief work and foam parts for lost foam casting.  We still have lots to learn about CNC but it's capabilities are wonderful. We are just completing an submarine/jet boat it sure would have been nice to have 4 years ago. Live and learn. :)

Come see our progress at: http://www.submarineboat.com/plasma_router_cnc.htm

Thanks Again
Doug Jackson
www.SubmarineBoat.com

Offline sim

•  3 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #496 on: February 17, 2009, 06:05:57 AM »
Hi
My name is Simon and i'm lebanese ..I'm really intersted in what you are doing guys and i'm happy to join the group.I'm planning t build my x/y table for plasma cutting
and in front of all these products i'm really confused about what do i need exactly for this application (taking in consideration the price and capabilities ),to run it smoothly..can i get it by usinng the popkeys or smooth stepper?? Do i can get closed loop with match3 by connecting encoders t it??i am using mach3 and downloaded new version..i do appreciate your support..
have a nice day and thanks in advance
Simon
« Reply #497 on: February 18, 2009, 05:16:25 AM »
Hello

My name is Benjamin and I am an artist and engineer based in London.

I am interested in this forum as I am looking for ways to use (and abuse) CNC systems.

My background is in engineering and design, having studied Mechanical Engineering (MEng) at Imperial College London and Design Products (MA) at The Royal College of Art.

I design and build installations that interact with audiences via various technologies and am interested in the role that computer control and decision making plays in our world.

www.benjaminmales.com
« Reply #498 on: February 18, 2009, 10:34:51 AM »
Hello, My name is Richard thank you for the invitation. I am a machinist by trade and have had many interesting positions from grunt to supervisor.

Your forum is outstanding and informative, but being a newbie i feel that some things are over my head.

I am ready for retirement and thought that a four axis router would be fun and relaxing....wellllll hello what a shock to find that it's back to school for me.

I hope that when i post i don't seem dumb, I never have run cnc in all of my career. I have tried to read all the posts i can concerning problems i have setting up my table etc. am running Probotix and using the the download Mach3 evaluation.....Have put off purchase until i know it's right and works. initial trials cutting 4x4 squares .040 deep

With that being said thanks again

Richard
« Reply #499 on: February 19, 2009, 04:21:30 PM »
Well just thought I would finally Register and say hello.

I have been an avid reader of this forum for over a year and just searching has helped me a lot in finding what I needed and setting everything up.

Anyway I would just like to congratulate everyone on what a fine information source this has become.

I have a problem but will post it in the appropriate area.

Thanks Sean