Hello Guest it is March 19, 2024, 06:57:42 AM

Author Topic: New people welcome !! Come in here and introduce your self!  (Read 4511614 times)

Re: New people welcome !! Come in here and introduce your self!
« Reply #2560 on: March 09, 2018, 09:17:59 PM »
Im new, just trying to figure this site out.  Doesnt seem to be user friendly
« Reply #2561 on: March 09, 2018, 09:18:40 PM »
 :)Hello all, :)

my name is Eric and Im from Washington St. I just got into the CNC world, as my wife got my a 3040t engraver/miller. Im as green as they come to all this so you might see me here alot :)
« Reply #2562 on: March 09, 2018, 09:24:38 PM »
Im new at this also, I have been using my CNC for about three weeks now.  having an issue with an error I cant seem to find an answer for.  It states command killed due to buffer error.  My machine just all of a sudden stop in the middle of a job.  Any ideas.  Tupper, I also have a laser and since I got it I have made more friends that anyone ever needs, they all seem to think that my machine is for their use, now with the CNC I already made another handful and they all have jobs for me.  I just lock the door to the shop and tell them the machine was on and I didnt hear the door.
« Reply #2563 on: March 09, 2018, 10:07:34 PM »
Hi,
place a post about the problem on the main Mach3 board.

Craig
'I enjoy sex at 73.....I live at 71 so its not too far to walk.'
« Reply #2564 on: March 11, 2018, 06:57:02 AM »
By the way my 6040 is a USB machine
am I in the right place?

Offline Tweakie.CNC

•  9,195 9,195
  • Super Kitty
    • View Profile
« Reply #2565 on: March 11, 2018, 09:03:14 AM »
By the way my 6040 is a USB machine
am I in the right place?

Hi Winston Harmitt,

I have moved posts around and hopefully they are now in the right place;   http://www.machsupport.com/forum/index.php/topic,36782.0.html

Tweakie.
PEACE
« Reply #2566 on: March 14, 2018, 05:59:29 AM »
 :)
« Last Edit: March 14, 2018, 06:01:35 AM by plasmashine »
« Reply #2567 on: March 14, 2018, 06:02:19 AM »
Hello
I am new here.
In the UK

Just for interest I have built myself an 8 x 4 Mach3 plasma table.

I'm making some alterations to it now with torch height control and a laser guide.

Offline Tweakie.CNC

•  9,195 9,195
  • Super Kitty
    • View Profile
« Reply #2568 on: March 14, 2018, 06:05:45 AM »
Hi Plasmashine,

Welcome  :)

Tweakie.
PEACE
« Reply #2569 on: March 18, 2018, 12:31:16 PM »
I'm not exactly new here, just new to posting as of today. I got into CNC by helping a friend. I was never interested in CNC work, instead one of my big hobbies is stained and fused glass.

I'm an engineer, he's not, and so he asked me to take a pile of surplus tables and Compumotor parts and build something. One thing led to another and he had his second mill, but unfortunately it was running Compumotor's 6000 series software in 2015 (yes, it still lives). I built him exactly what he asked for but not what he needed and so I upgraded his mill to Mach3 and he's now doing very well.

I had fun playing with the mill I had built but then I had to give it away and I was mill-less. To fill the void using the rest of the surplus parts I built a second mill for myself. However, my friend was transforming from strictly a hobby to hobby-plus and selling his wares online. He needed another mill for specialty work and so I sold him my second mill.

Now I've build a much larger third mill (~17"x22" cutting area) where I can cut wood and engrave glass (in a water bath). Merging mill and kiln operations has greatly increased the variety of what I can do with the medium.