Hello Guest it is October 20, 2019, 03:39:20 PM

Author Topic: New people welcome !! Come in here and introduce your self!  (Read 3429848 times)

Re: New people welcome !! Come in here and introduce your self!
« Reply #2560 on: March 05, 2018, 05:36:27 PM »
Sam from the UK Stonemason building own larger machine trying to find various programs to Make file convert to Gcode and run on 3040T which can transfer to a 3metre x 1.2 metre machine..  got lost on a back road to 3d cnc still haven't found how to do it 2D ive been doing for years on various programs But getting a 3D sample to try is like trying to find a cat on worming day.
« Reply #2561 on: March 06, 2018, 06:20:54 AM »
Welcome Gentlemen.
@Ramsbury.
Post in the g-code section and I am sure someone will tell you how it is done.

Mike
We never have the time or money to do it right the first time, but we somehow manage to do it twice and then spend the money to get it right.
« Reply #2562 on: March 06, 2018, 08:27:04 PM »
What's up everyone, My name is Barry I am from Georgia and I am brand new to all of this. Started dreaming of CNC and about a year later decided to build a machine. Assembly of the machine was the easy part, I had that complete in a few days, and pulling what hair I have left out for the past several weeks trying to grasp the software part. That is why I am here to try and learn as much as I can to start using my machine.
I look forward to learning from any and all of you here
« Reply #2563 on: March 09, 2018, 11:49:22 AM »
Hi, My name is Tim Mahaffey and I am new to this forum or any forum. I have been doing CNC woodworking as a hobby for about 5 years now. I have a 9x5 machine that runs on Mach3. I have a background in electronics and worked in research and development for Tupperware mnfg. for about 15 years. I was wondering if anyone knows where I can find drivers for the Jamen JNC 40m version 1.49 or can anyone recommend a good usb or Ethernet control board. The biggest drawback I see to owning a CNC is you very quickly see relatives and friends that you have not seen in awhile and it usually takes about 5 minutes for them to suggest that they would like something built. Hope everyone is well and have a nice day.
Tim
P.S. If anyone is in the Conway/Myrtle Beach area, drop me a line.  mahaffeytim@gmail.com
« Reply #2564 on: March 09, 2018, 09:17:59 PM »
Im new, just trying to figure this site out.  Doesnt seem to be user friendly
« Reply #2565 on: March 09, 2018, 09:18:40 PM »
 :)Hello all, :)

my name is Eric and Im from Washington St. I just got into the CNC world, as my wife got my a 3040t engraver/miller. Im as green as they come to all this so you might see me here alot :)
« Reply #2566 on: March 09, 2018, 09:24:38 PM »
Im new at this also, I have been using my CNC for about three weeks now.  having an issue with an error I cant seem to find an answer for.  It states command killed due to buffer error.  My machine just all of a sudden stop in the middle of a job.  Any ideas.  Tupper, I also have a laser and since I got it I have made more friends that anyone ever needs, they all seem to think that my machine is for their use, now with the CNC I already made another handful and they all have jobs for me.  I just lock the door to the shop and tell them the machine was on and I didnt hear the door.
« Reply #2567 on: March 09, 2018, 10:07:34 PM »
Hi,
place a post about the problem on the main Mach3 board.

Craig
My wife left with my best friend...
     and I miss him!
« Reply #2568 on: March 11, 2018, 06:57:02 AM »
By the way my 6040 is a USB machine
am I in the right place?

Offline Tweakie.CNC

•  7,952 7,952
  • Super Kitty
    • View Profile
    • Tweakie.CNC
« Reply #2569 on: March 11, 2018, 09:03:14 AM »
By the way my 6040 is a USB machine
am I in the right place?

Hi Winston Harmitt,

I have moved posts around and hopefully they are now in the right place;   http://www.machsupport.com/forum/index.php/topic,36782.0.html

Tweakie.
Success consists of going from failure to failure without loss of enthusiasm.  Winston Churchill.