Hello Guest it is March 19, 2024, 04:12:28 AM

Author Topic: New people welcome !! Come in here and introduce your self!  (Read 4511519 times)

Re: New people welcome !! Come in here and introduce your self!
« Reply #1280 on: September 26, 2011, 02:01:57 PM »
I was noticing that as of this writing we have 2795 members and have only heard from a couple of hundred and an even smaller number of regular posters.

So if you are new around here please post and introduce your self.  You could give a little on your background, hobbies , how you ended up here, whatever!

This is a site to help with mach. There is a great talent pool here already but this is a community driven site and we would love to hear from the silent masses ;)

So stand up and say hi!!

Thanks,

Chad

« Reply #1281 on: September 26, 2011, 02:15:13 PM »
Hi I'm new to this forum and I have no experience in cnc. I have solid works to draw my parts and mach3 to cut them out. I'm having so much trouble getting my part in mach3 to mill it. I've tried saving the part as dxf and loading it. I'm doing something wrong on how I'm saving it because nothing comes up or there is a bad character note or when I finally thought I was getting somewhere the part came up with no errors but in the toolpath I got a one dementional view of it along with all the sheet data down below. Can anyone help me please, Spencer.
« Reply #1282 on: September 26, 2011, 04:25:51 PM »
   ;D
Hi spencer m welcome aboard thank you for introducing yourself, there is an old saying that a problem shared is a problem halved and I'm sure in your case it will be a problem solved if you address your questions to the general forum this will be the case, you will notice notice that on this page there is an area that will allow you access that site

Dick  ;)

Offline aet

•  3 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #1283 on: October 02, 2011, 10:56:26 PM »
CNC is new to me am attempting to learn and use.
Hobbyist at this point but really want to get some stuff built.
Will be tapping your experience from time to time.
« Reply #1284 on: October 03, 2011, 05:20:45 AM »
   ;D
Hi aet welcome aboard, you have really picked a hobby that will consume your time and money, and reward you in ways that you cannot imagine, any questions that you may have should be addressed to the general forum I'm sure that the guys in there will be a of tremendous assistance to you,
Thank you for dropping by and introducing yourself

Dick  ;)
« Reply #1285 on: October 03, 2011, 09:01:03 PM »
Hi Folks, A new member, from New Zealand.

My name is Tony. I am an amateur everything. I build (stringed) musical instruments, collect and restore vintage motorcycles and most things with an engine. Do my own paint spraying, panel work and mechanics. Build furniture, wood and metalworking machinery and have just (almost) built a CNC router and hope to convert my mill next.

I'm (almost) completely confused (nothing new there then) by the whole business of Cad/Cam/Mach but beginning to see a glimmer of light.

Regards, TonyNZ

« Reply #1286 on: October 04, 2011, 02:24:10 AM »
   ;D
Hi Tony welcome aboard,thanks for dropping by and giving us a run down on your hobbies,when you start down the CNC path it can seem daunting but that glimmer of light will rapidly get brighter, any questions that you may have should be addressed to the general forum where there is a lot of soul mates there with similar interests

Dick  :D    
« Reply #1287 on: October 04, 2011, 08:11:16 AM »
Hello Everyone,
My name is Mike. I just got into CNC and I am not ashamed to say.. I am intimidated. lol

I build custom parts for drag racing but, Doing everything by hand has been taking its toll on me.
Its time to get modern and have the ability to make the same part over and over with
CNC accuracy.

I bought Mach3, Sheetcam and the Bladerunner Dragon Cut 5 Axis kit from CandCNC.
Additionally, I bought a Hypertherm PowerMax 1000 with a machine torch. (Just before they changed their line up)

So far I have just moved the motors with the factory setting..
Now I need to dial everything in. Going to search the forum and see if I can find some answers.

Excellent site.
Mike
« Reply #1288 on: October 04, 2011, 05:16:19 PM »
   ;D
Hi Mike welcome aboard, thank you for dropping in and introducing yourself, one should NEVER be ashamed to admit that they feel intimidated and ask for assistance,I,m sure that when our ancestors many years ago saw the first bow and arrow and that technology felt intimidated them that did not move with it perished.
   You have come to the right place for any help you may need there is a massive amount of knowledge in the general forum waiting to be tapped you have the right tools and the right assistance welcome to the 21st century

Dick   ;)
« Reply #1289 on: October 05, 2011, 12:00:41 PM »
I was noticing that as of this writing we have 2795 members and have only heard from a couple of hundred and an even smaller number of regular posters.

So if you are new around here please post and introduce your self.  You could give a little on your background, hobbies , how you ended up here, whatever!

This is a site to help with mach. There is a great talent pool here already but this is a community driven site and we would love to hear from the silent masses ;)

So stand up and say hi!!

Thanks,

Chad

Hi All
I go under my name (petesos) And i am into anything military. refurbing.rebuilding.restoring and showing it all and even get to fire some of my bigger stuff ( youtube chanel FH70 Firing).
And i find forums are a wealth of info in any field of interest as mine is (HMVF or Steel Soldiers)
I am not a big fan of computers mainly because they dont do as i ask them in fact i find if it has a Bra or Tyres or little buttons you need to press it is trouble and exspensive ??? and that leads me on to my question for you brainyer folk.
I just bought a small cnc with all the bits off ebay i am running Mach3 with lazycam but when i write in lazy cam and sent it to mach3 i dont have any Gcodes ,,,,so what is the procedure sending  what i have wrote to mach3.
Please help as i am on the verg of cutting my wrists.
Petesos