Hello Guest it is March 18, 2024, 10:46:14 PM

Author Topic: New people welcome !! Come in here and introduce your self!  (Read 4511322 times)

Re: New people welcome !! Come in here and introduce your self!
« Reply #1550 on: September 23, 2012, 07:24:17 AM »
Hi Tony,

Your welcome.  :)

What type of machine are you building?

phillip~
« Reply #1551 on: September 23, 2012, 09:14:25 AM »
Hello Everyone,
I am new to the CNC world and am researching the best software to use for a planned CNC machine in the design stages at present. Still debating on weather to purchase or build totaly from scratch. Any suggestions would be highly valued. I am experienced in many technical areas and have a fairly nicely equiped workshop. My backround is in the HVAC industry for the past 37 years but am looking into CNC milling for both metal and wood. I also intend to attempt a combination on Milling as well as Plasma cutting on this machine. Looking forward to looking at this forum. Very best Regards ZED777
« Reply #1552 on: September 23, 2012, 09:21:43 AM »
At this point I'm considering a Milling machine aprox. 36 x36" bed with a removable table to convert to Plasma cutting. What I hope to achieve is a very acurrate unit made from aluminum extrusion and milled with a 1.5 KW water cooled spindle. Additionaly I want to incorporate a 4th axis.
zed777

Offline Tweakie.CNC

•  9,194 9,194
  • Super Kitty
    • View Profile
« Reply #1553 on: September 23, 2012, 09:42:12 AM »
Hi Zed,

Welcome to the forum.

You will find it is quite difficult to construct just one machine that is good for all of your requirements, but there are plenty of experienced members here who will be pleased to give their advice / opinion / support, if it is required, during or prior to your build.

For any specific questions it would be well to post as a new topic in the General section.

Tweakie.
PEACE
« Reply #1554 on: September 23, 2012, 11:32:09 AM »
Hello Phillip,

I am building a 4x5 from Joe's 4x4 plans with most everthing else from CNC Router parts

Tony
« Reply #1555 on: September 23, 2012, 01:30:17 PM »
Hello,

I am at the very beginning...I only have the Demo version of Mach 3, I am using Nemas 23 with Geico 540 all from cnc router parts...I have followed all the videos and am at the motor tuning stage...but no movement..also I have checked every thing on PC pots, drivers etc and it tells me all are working correctly...Advice???
« Reply #1556 on: September 23, 2012, 02:25:49 PM »
Is the charge pump light green on the G540 ?
There should be a green light on.

phillip~
« Reply #1557 on: September 23, 2012, 02:27:39 PM »
Phillip it is red...

Tony
« Reply #1558 on: September 23, 2012, 02:29:57 PM »
Phillip,

I switched the pump to off postion and then I got a green and red light

Tony
« Reply #1559 on: September 23, 2012, 07:17:37 PM »
Phillip,

Got things moving, got my Y motors slaved and the A axis in reverse...and was having fun. Now showing software limit and won't reset....is the time on the demo limited?

Tony