Hello Guest it is March 19, 2024, 12:52:05 AM

Author Topic: New people welcome !! Come in here and introduce your self!  (Read 4511403 times)

Offline Norm

•  14 14
    • View Profile
Re: New people welcome !! Come in here and introduce your self!
« Reply #1640 on: January 23, 2013, 03:02:17 PM »
Hi all,
I am a high school teacher and I am setting up a 2 Sherline mills and 2 Sherline lathes for CNC.  I purchased the drivers and the steppers from Sherline but all of our school computers are Dell's which Linux and EMC do not seem to like.  I have started loading the demo of Mach 3 and I am trying to determine what I will need to do to use the Sherline drivers.  I am hoping that there may be some documentation out there.  I am really excited at the prospect of bringing this technology to high school students.

My tech background is a general machinist and my academic background includes Science, Business and Education.  I really just enjoy bringing equipment back to life and when I saw an old Sherline Mill and Lathe collecting dust I decided to get new drives for them and see if I could bring them back to life.

If anyone has experience using mach3 with the new Sherline drives or knows where I can get documentation for this combination I would really like to hear from you.
Thanks again,
Norm

« Reply #1641 on: January 24, 2013, 08:40:39 PM »
hey ron neely here, ive been woodworking for bout 20-25 years, & started with a legacy ornamental mill. but as i have progressed into making custom pens, i purchased a deep groove cr2019 taig mill with the g540 gecko controller, i had someone help me set it up & create some codes to run my spiral pens & 6 sided pens,etc. but due to conflicts i have lost touch with him. i am very green to put it mildly about cnc? but my main problem is, i just installed a license to try to run some sample v carve pro trials to get my mill to be more adaptable to my work, but in the install somehow i lost my driver! tried to reinstall but to no avail my motors would not move! so i reinstalled ona newer computer, the v carve program ran fine except i had to change the direction of my y axis! but when i try to run my spiral g code programs for my pens, it moves very slow in the x axis & only cuts the blank round instead of 4 starts of spiraling! i have a bd tools indexer for my 4th axis, & before it was set up to cut in degrees. like starting at 90 then spiraling all the way to the end, then it would return to o, & start at 180, then 270 then 360. now it only turns it round very slowly? i tired to access my old computer for the settings but i uninstalled it trying to get my driver back & lost all my pin settings,etc.. i have a licensed version now & installed an xml from deepgroove to set it up, but still not workin right with my 4th axis! now im lost in space? can anyone please help me? thanx ron neely

Offline Tweakie.CNC

•  9,194 9,194
  • Super Kitty
    • View Profile
« Reply #1642 on: January 25, 2013, 01:53:01 AM »
Hi Ron,

If you post your question as a new topic in the General section I am sure there will be some quick responses with suggestions that should resolve your problem.

Tweakie.
PEACE

Offline mTron

•  11 11
    • View Profile
« Reply #1643 on: January 27, 2013, 12:32:44 PM »
Hi

I am new to this forum, so I happily follow the invitation to introduce myself:

I am a semiretired (for 1 month now!) Electrical Engineer, married, two kids and live in Switzerland. I have always been working in engineering, first in pure electronics, then in mechatronical systems and finally in pure software. 3 years ago I bought myself a Quantum BF20L mill and soon converted it to CNC. That's where I got in contact with Mach3, a predominantly positive experience.  :D

But recently I lost a day's work because the (Y-axis) stepper seriously lost steps. I hope to get some help from this forum, as I really run out of ideas to check. You will find a posting of mine under "Lost steps - again?"

Cheers
Peter
« Reply #1644 on: January 27, 2013, 05:39:20 PM »
Hi Folks: I've been doing woodworking for 30+ years. Actual close to 40 yrs if you include running scrap sticks thru a table saw to make slats at the age of 16- still got all my digits- Amazing -safety on woodworking machines was relatively non existent in the early 70's - Both good and bad-
The company I work with bought a Techno router in 1992- we use it for simple 2d applications- The old control still worked but I didn't know enough to modernize the interface  (Had a 486 running it, but was worried about it crapping out) so switched out the old steppers and bought a G540 Gecko kit with nema 23 steppers and Mach 3- Also upgraded the cadcam software to Vectric 2D. Just getting going but also have experience with G code- the electronics stuff is kind of elusive- I've been doing alot of reading about Mach 3, so I think I'll be up and running next week. My worry is passing on the responsibility to others less versed - Alot more buttons and settings in Mach 3- I'm sure we'll get thru it- main thing is to set up the softs so the Z can't go down too far. Just read thru some introductions and I'm in good company here! All the best to you, and may the G force be with you!

Rob aka Rakker  ;D
« Reply #1645 on: January 28, 2013, 11:54:43 AM »
 hello everyone.
fishkiller is a nickname i stuck to my son on a day of fishing.lol...he was catching em all and i ,of course didnt get a bite.
 i have been in the metal fab field for about 15 years. not a lot of cnc, and what there was doesnt help much.
i had been looking into a plasma table for a while(years). but couldnt afford one.
  So I finally started building my own, wanting versatility. I ended up building a router table which has tables that i can switch out and go to plasma.

« Reply #1646 on: January 29, 2013, 12:27:13 PM »
Buen dia. Compré una cnc. La conecté a mi pc con window 7 ultimate. mach3 no mueve los motores. Ya instale y desinstale el programa. Ya cambie la configuracion en bios a epp. No se mueve.
Alguien me puede ayudar?
Tengo que cambiar de windows 7 a xp?

Offline Tweakie.CNC

•  9,194 9,194
  • Super Kitty
    • View Profile
« Reply #1647 on: January 30, 2013, 02:38:07 AM »
Hi Stefan,

I have sent you a PM. (Te he enviado un PM.)

Tweakie.
PEACE
« Reply #1648 on: January 30, 2013, 03:25:08 PM »
Qué es un PM?

Offline Tweakie.CNC

•  9,194 9,194
  • Super Kitty
    • View Profile
« Reply #1649 on: January 31, 2013, 01:26:42 AM »
Hi Stefan,

The topic is now continued in the Spanish section.

Tweakie.
« Last Edit: January 31, 2013, 01:36:04 AM by Tweakie.CNC »
PEACE