Hello Guest it is March 19, 2024, 07:52:23 AM

Author Topic: New people welcome !! Come in here and introduce your self!  (Read 4511644 times)

Quilting? Sounds like fun
« Reply #460 on: December 15, 2008, 10:32:21 AM »
Stitcher,  Are you active on CNCzone, or do you have any build threads to view?   I've been threatening my wife that I'll someday add a longarm to her tool chest.   This is not a very popular subject, so when I hear of folks dabbling in this field, I have to ask questions. 
Dave
Re: New people welcome !! Come in here and introduce your self!
« Reply #461 on: December 20, 2008, 04:55:30 PM »
Hello, My name is Rocky Jennings I live in Walla Walla Washington. I have a kiwa excelcenter-4 cnc vmc with a fanuc10ma control 16kmemory. I want to see if I can convert to the mach 3 system. Has any one converted a older machine 87-88 to the mach 3 system. Any help would be nice. Thanks Rocky
« Reply #462 on: January 03, 2009, 08:28:59 PM »
Hi to all, my name is Jerry and I live in Ohio.
I am new here and new to CNC. I do metal casting and want to use a CNC foam cutter to make better patterns. Right now I have a pile of old medical equipment, aka junk, that I hope to turn into a foam lathe.

My problem at the moment is the motors. The wires were cut and I don't know how they are to be wired. They are Superior Electric Slo-Syn motors with 8 wires. Is there anywhere on here that has access to wiring diagrams? I guess Superior sold their steppers to Danaher and they have stopped making this model.

Thanks, this looks like a great site. Hope everyone had an excellent Holiday Season.

Offline Chaoticone

•  5,624 5,624
  • Precision Chaos
    • View Profile
« Reply #463 on: January 03, 2009, 10:33:33 PM »
Jammerm, this link may help. It is posted in the links section as well, Uncatagorized links, Jones on stepping motors.

http://www.cs.uiowa.edu/~jones/step/
;D If you could see the things I have in my head, you would be laughing too. ;D

My guard dog is not what you need to worry about!
« Reply #464 on: January 04, 2009, 10:24:28 PM »
Robert here. I am a facility manager by day for a large healthcare system in the San Diego area. When not working the day job I tinker with machining on conventional lathe mill and now miniature CNC of course! I started a hobby company several years ago dedicated to acoustic drum hardware called Allstar Percussion. It's a labor of love as certainly there's no real money in it, lol.

I started my Mach/CNC adventure by converting a Unimat mini lathe to CNC. I am still getting the hang of the Mach 3 but overall it is a terrific program. Certainly having hours of fun trying to figure it out. I will post pictures in the near future. A big thanks to Overloaded as he helped with the most fundamental problem I was having with setting up the lathe. This stuff makes you feel dumb sometimes.

Any of you who happen to like machining and percussion/drums please check out my website which has my contact email as well.

Thanks,
You guys Rock!
Robert
www.allstardrum.com
« Last Edit: January 05, 2009, 09:20:58 PM by Allstar1 »

Offline compmedic

•  15 15
  • My Machine
    • View Profile
    • Comp-Medic
« Reply #465 on: January 10, 2009, 11:44:01 PM »
Hello All! Im Darren, im 32 and i reside in Missouri. I just recently purchased a Zenbot with xylotex controller and 24v power supply.
I have always been interested in cnc and will start this janurary for a 1 to 2 year certificate in machining. I plan on purchasing a sieg x2 mill in the future and converting it. I might even try to build my own router. I look foward to posting in the forum.
« Reply #466 on: January 14, 2009, 02:52:08 PM »
HI my name is Rod I work in a machine shop with a fab shop in Maine around 1.5 hrs north of Brian The owner has purchased 2 pieces of equipment , bridgeport&cinn. hbm. Ihave 20 yrs as a machinist the first 3yrs with cnc at Pratt&Whitney in berwick Me. This is all very new to me.I hope everyone will be patience with me (Ikonw you will). This forum is going to be very helpful to me
thank you for having it Rod
« Reply #467 on: January 15, 2009, 04:37:03 PM »
Hi Chad
Just joined. Just started on a conversion of a Chester 16V Mach3 based.
Electronics engineer by profession and loco and clock maker in my other life.
cheers Mart :)
« Reply #468 on: January 15, 2009, 06:59:28 PM »
Hi everyone,

I'm Ryan.  I work for a lumber company in McMinnville Oregon as a Controls Engineer.

We are using a 6 axis CNC Router to apply custom textures to lumber.  I have designed this machine, and the programs that run on it.  In a previous life I worked on a ESAB CNC plasma table for a manufacturing company in Eastern Oregon.  All in all, I have about 5 years of CNC experience. 

I look forward to learning, and hopefully someday teaching people on this board.

Thanks!

~Ryan
I'm working on the documentation
« Reply #469 on: January 20, 2009, 03:25:40 PM »
I'm the person who wrote the new Install/Config guide. Since it's been out for a couple of months and comments about it have generally been favorable, it's probably safe for me to become more public.  ;D

A bit of my background:
I was an engineering major in college. After graduation, I did assembly-language programming for about 10 years, then I wrote manuals for Digital Equipment Corp and other assorted companies for about 30 years. I've also had a home metalworking shop for about the same length of time. I have no CNC equipment, and due to space, time, and budget constraints probably won't, but I think I have the background to readily understand the concepts, to appreciate what matters, and the experience to describe it in an understandable way. 

You, though, are the judges of that. If the documentation is unclear, incorrect, or incomplete, let us know. My experience working with Brian and Scott on the Install/Config guide was very positive. They are committed to having good documentation, which is a refreshing change from the attitude of far too many companies that view documentation as an afterthought or a necessary evil, to be done as quickly and as cheaply as possible. Brian and Scott want to do it right. It will take a while -- good documentation takes time -- but be assured we're working on it, even if it doesn't appear as quickly as you (and we) would like.

It's all Ron Ginger's fault.  ;D  He talked me into it. Ron is helping, too. Ron lives about an hour's drive from me, and I have a standing invitation to come use his CNC equipment when I want to see how something works or test a Mach3 feature.

Steve