Hello Guest it is March 18, 2024, 11:30:52 PM

Author Topic: New people welcome !! Come in here and introduce your self!  (Read 4511344 times)

Re: New people welcome !! Come in here and introduce your self!
« Reply #1620 on: December 25, 2012, 11:12:16 PM »
Hi New guy Here,
   My name is Tim , Been a machinist for 30 yrs . Been fortunate gain a lot of knowledge over that time in various phase's of machining .
My hobby's are scale model building , horse's and animals in general .
I will be starting a new job Jan. 2 , 13 and one the few things I am not familiar with is Mach 3 . I know fanuc , mazatrol , etc. But they have a mill with Mach3 and I would to learn up on it as much as I can so I can go in there with some idea of the controls .
Thanks you and best regards,
Tim

Offline RICH

•  7,427 7,427
    • View Profile
« Reply #1621 on: December 26, 2012, 05:36:56 PM »
If you can run other machines then it's a matter of the controller interface and of course some differences in the gcode.
Maybe just download and install Mach on your PC and have a look. They may use a custom screen set and as such it may resemble what your accustomed to.

Another option would be to watch some of the available videos.

That said, I would not worry about it.
RICH
« Reply #1622 on: December 26, 2012, 05:59:36 PM »
If you can run other machines then it's a matter of the controller interface and of course some differences in the gcode.
Maybe just download and install Mach on your PC and have a look. They may use a custom screen set and as such it may resemble what your accustomed to.

Another option would be to watch some of the available videos.

That said, I would not worry about it.
RICH
Thank you very much Rich ,  Do you think I may have a problem downloading Mach on my laptop ? It is a HP home premium with vista .

Offline RICH

•  7,427 7,427
    • View Profile
« Reply #1623 on: December 26, 2012, 06:15:32 PM »
Other's  in here have run Mach using Vista, I have never used Vista.
Not sure if there are any quirks. Do a search in here. Surely there will be replies to help you out.

RICH
« Reply #1624 on: December 26, 2012, 06:48:45 PM »
Other's  in here have run Mach using Vista, I have never used Vista.
Not sure if there are any quirks. Do a search in here. Surely there will be replies to help you out.

RICH
Will do Rich , Thanks for your help my friend . Regards Tim
« Reply #1625 on: December 31, 2012, 02:13:18 PM »
Hello, My name is Cal
 First time here, looking for a bit of instruction. Have 3 stepper motors and controllers tuned 1 and runs slow but quiet, tried to tune second no joy, so used same tuning as the first still no joy, could the motor be bad? noisy and not smooth.
Using Camsoft software, set steps 1:50 1.8deg 20,000 accel and decell, 3,290,000 first runs fine, no noise, second is noisy, any ideas?
My motors are 85BYGH 450c-03a
My controllers are CW260C microstep
« Last Edit: December 31, 2012, 02:19:15 PM by hellmill »
« Reply #1626 on: December 31, 2012, 03:41:13 PM »
HI Guy's,
My name is Dave in Wentzville, Mo. USA. I am 63, an old retired/disability engineer (telephone) and been playing with a 4x4 CNC Plasma Cutter set-up I bought off E-Bay and it was Supposed to be READY TO RUN. Well I can't get any help from the S*B I bought it from. I don't know a lot about this stuff but have run a Water Jet (CALYPSO HAMMERHEAD) and have some Idea of what goes on. My problems are with the Mach3, The computer that came with the Plasma set-up was a Refurb Unit and it does not boot up right all the time and I lost all of the Settings that was in Mach before I could figure out what all needed to be saved. Like I said before I can't get any help out of the Jerk I bought it from. I have a Dell Optiplex GX620 that I was going to try and build up as a good computer as the Lenovo that came with the plasma is Junk. When I load all of the PINOUT INFORMATION and add the Torch Hieght Controls I don't get the First 3 Port PINOUT State lights to light up like they do on the Lenovo. I don't understand all of this stuff and have went through the Manual page by page to set-up things and I have the computer set as ECP I think is what Mach wanted the BIOS set at. After I get that part figured out WITH SOMEONES HELP, I need to move on to the Table Limits set-up as I have added Home/Limit switches and got them to work, But can not get a PROGRAM TO RUN. HELP PLEASE, I have fought this for 5-6 month's now and would just like to get it working. I can be called anytime as I am on Disability and home all the time at 636-262-4260. THANKS GUY'S, I know there is someone out there that can get me going. A call is better than the Forum as I don't know how to navigate through them either.
« Reply #1627 on: December 31, 2012, 03:50:33 PM »
Dynodad here again, I forgot to post with my starter that I have a GECKO G540 4 axis Drive with Dual Y axis motors (have an A axis Motor)

Offline drf24

•  17 17
    • View Profile
« Reply #1628 on: December 31, 2012, 09:31:33 PM »
Hi my name is Dean, I live in Virginia. I have had a small multi machine for years and used it to fabricate small parts for motorcycles. I had cleared it through the wife a couple of years ago to buy a small CNC mill. One thing led to another and it never panned out. About 6 months ago I decided to build one! How hard could it be? They sell kits for it! Right?
I bought a Grizzly G0704 then a month or two later I bought a "kit" from Automation Technologies. 3 KL23H2100-50-4B stepper motors, 3 KL-6050 stepper motor drivers, and a C-10 breakout board. I have finally had time over the Christmas break to start putting it all together.
As far as hobbies go, old cars (pre 40's), woodworking, repairing old tube audio equipment etc...
Look forward to getting to know you all.
« Reply #1629 on: January 03, 2013, 10:07:41 AM »
Hi Mach forum,

My name is Jorge, I live in Ontario, Canada.  I've been around the Mach forum for several years during the days of Mach1 and Mach2. Back again and building a multi-platform cnc running Mach3 to control milling, laser, and 3d printing. During those days I built a cnc machine with Campbell brk board.

Most of my background is in light aircraft design and fabrication.
Have used many cnc machines (Bridgeport mill, Haas lathes, shop sabre router, okumaOS, Fanuc, Heidenhein, etc.)

Currently looking at the new KSI labs brk board. Looks impressive...
Anybody have any experience with this board?

Nice to see a very active group:)

Jorge