Hello Guest it is March 19, 2024, 12:14:15 AM

Author Topic: New people welcome !! Come in here and introduce your self!  (Read 4511386 times)

Re: New people welcome !! Come in here and introduce your self!
« Reply #1970 on: September 30, 2014, 04:30:35 PM »
Hi, I'm Jess and I'm running a Joes CNC EVO that I built in 2012. Machining stuff with it is my day job and if you're interested here's my site: cuttingedgecnc.co.uk  
I've been running Mach 3 and I have everyday functionality sorted, but I'm here improve my knowledge and share what I can along the way.
« Reply #1971 on: October 02, 2014, 01:56:38 PM »
Ello everybody!
Im entirely new to mach3 and this forum.
It seems like this is the place I need to be to learn how it works.

I bought my software pre-installed on a little msi netbook from a fellow who upgraded and no longer needed it.
About a year has passed since then and I have done little more with it than power up the machine and use it as my diagnostic computer for automotive troubleshooting. I ran the mach3 software to ensure it would at least come up but thats about as far as i went.

Fast forward to this week...
I was able to successfully get the software transferred to a newer, beefier machine... and read through the help/manual pdf...

Here is where I am stuck.
I cant seem to get it to do anyting...
In the pdf, there is an explanation(albeit clear as mud) to set the software up to "pretend".... but no dice.
I witnessed the fellow I bough the netbook from actually use it to control one of his machines... but I cant seem to get it to do anything either..
I can load a program and see it populate in the data box... but when i hit cycle start it does not even try to run the program.
Im certain im just missing something stoopid... but im bald enough already.

The procedure i followed...

Installed mach3
Restarted machine...
Followed instructions to install mach1/2 .inf but... there was no mach1/2.inf file
Instead there was just mach3.inf, and mach.inf...
Tried both with no change...

What am I doing wrong?

I do not yet have my mill ready to plug in and go... so while that is in waiting I figured it best to learn the control in "pretend" mode...

Offline Tweakie.CNC

•  9,194 9,194
  • Super Kitty
    • View Profile
« Reply #1972 on: October 03, 2014, 01:37:48 AM »
Hi Christof,

Welcome to the forum.

I was able to successfully get the software transferred to a newer, beefier machine... and read through the help/manual pdf...

That may be the problem, sounds like you don't have a correct install. Download and install the latest version from here; http://www.machsupport.com/software/downloads-updates/

Tweakie.

PEACE
« Reply #1973 on: October 08, 2014, 09:08:18 PM »
Dan here.   30 plus years in machining and tooling but haven't done any CNC programming since 1999 on a bridgeport system.  Bought an upgrade system for an old centurion 1 to make it into 3 axis and have been learning the hard way since.  Retired Air Force but setting up my own machien shop for personal use only.    Willstart asking questions as needed, and thanks for the forum and insight.   c11G board and gecko 320x drives.
« Reply #1974 on: October 17, 2014, 08:02:11 PM »
Hello and thanks for wonderful site, while I dont understand some of the posts I have read several that helped me. I am operating new
cnc plasma set up, using art cam and mach 3. Both also new to me, alot to learn. My bigest aggravation after 60 days on the job is that I
dont know how to back up, or return pierce when cut is lost mid way thru pgm. I also would like to know how to repeat pgm automatically
as some of what I cut needs several of the same. Would love to know what fonts work well to cut out, as be readable in the plate that is
left, not stand alone letters.
Thanks, Sharon
« Reply #1975 on: October 21, 2014, 08:56:12 AM »
Hi folks,
I'm Josh, from central California.  I'm setting up a "buildyourcnc" Greenbull router for our local community workshop "makerspace".  So far I'm still making progress with E-stops, limit stops, spindle control etc.  We have a Huanyang VFD hooked up to the 2.2 KW spindle.  Working on spindle speed control.  I'll post questions later if I think I'm really stuck.

As far as background, I started running CNC lasers 20 years ago, went into product design for about 10 years and another 10 years of engineering software administration/management.

I've gotta say, this forum is fantastic!  Thanks moderators and contributors!!
« Reply #1976 on: October 24, 2014, 09:04:31 AM »
hi , im a new member here and new to the retrofitting idea too , getting ready to do my first on an old waterjetpro machine with dead higerman control , i have a good mechanical background , ran a small machine shop for soon to be 20 years , but somewhat lacking in the electronic side of this. im sure i will be asking for lots of ideas and suggestions before this project is complete.

thanks
r brintle
« Reply #1977 on: October 27, 2014, 11:21:12 AM »
Hi, I'm Neil in New York, a manual machinist for 36 years with a TINY bit of CNC. I'm finally getting a "sink or swim" chance to do some coding.
« Reply #1978 on: October 29, 2014, 03:32:15 PM »
Hi all, My name is Doug Rundell and I am new to this forum. I've been using EMC2 and a Sherline driver for about 10 years. Recently my motor driver gave up the ghost so I bought a G540. Had trouble making it work with EMC2 so I downloaded Mach3. Because I was running EMC2 on a Linux box I couldn't (or didn't want to) put Mach3 on it. Got my wife a new (cheap) lap top and took over her XP box. It's taking a long time to get all the settings correct and last night loaded the G540 .html file and loaded it into Mach3. Finally I got the green LED to light when the charge pump is turned on. Now when I try to run a program the motors click and the two LEDs toggling back and forth. I'm ready to shoot myself.
« Reply #1979 on: October 29, 2014, 06:10:00 PM »
Greetings I'm Dan and I've recently been asked to assist with some machinery being run by the Mach3 software...I'm sure i'll be a pain in someones butt pretty soon :)  Details to follow