Hello Guest it is March 19, 2024, 02:07:40 AM

Author Topic: New people welcome !! Come in here and introduce your self!  (Read 4511451 times)

Re: New people welcome !! Come in here and introduce your self!
« Reply #2630 on: September 29, 2018, 07:12:41 AM »
It's cutting multiple circles (ovals) instead of the G-Code I sent to my machine. It also seems to stretch the images on the Y axis quite a bit. Anyway - this seems like a great forum, I'm excited to get involved.
Welcome to the forum.
It sounds like your Cam software and Mach4 are not configured properly. It sounds like the Incremental vs Absolute arc centers settings are incorrect. If you need further help. please post in the appropriate forums.

Mike
We never have the time or money to do it right the first time, but we somehow manage to do it twice and then spend the money to get it right.
« Reply #2631 on: September 29, 2018, 12:20:25 PM »
Howdy, Wayne P. here. 71 yr old retired and thinking of building a cnc router. I do pyrography and a little scroll sawing. Stay in north Carolina.

totally confused about the computer issue. Mach3 says non integrated video card and no laptop, but see a lot of laptops on videos running it and having a hard time finding a non integrated computer. Any help / direction is appreciated.
« Reply #2632 on: September 29, 2018, 05:16:00 PM »
Hi,
if you are going to use a parallel port:
1) You must use a 32 bit Windows OS, Windows 7 or earlier
2) You should not use a laptop...the powersaving features of a laptop interfere with the smooth running of the parallel port driver, it does work but often
    not well
3) A separate video card is highly recommended...integrated video does work but the demand it places on the CPU will screw with the timing of the
    parallel port driver.

If you are going to use an external motion controller like a SmoothStepper or UC300 then ALL of those restrictions are either off or relaxed:
1) You can use any Windows OS 32 or 64 bit including Windows 10
2) You can use a laptop, the critical timing is done by the SmoothStepper/UC300
3) It is still recommended that you have a video card, it just make the PC run faster but is not necessary.

Craig
'I enjoy sex at 73.....I live at 71 so its not too far to walk.'

Offline madi

•  17 17
    • View Profile
« Reply #2633 on: October 02, 2018, 10:45:10 AM »
hi, i am madi from malaysia, and i am new in this so call cnc, an i hope to get some knowledge from u guys, because i am new thanks..
« Reply #2634 on: October 18, 2018, 02:29:24 PM »
Hola soy nuevo en el foro he posteado ya, no había visto este post de presentaciones, nunca es tarde si la intención es buena.
Soy de Ecija(SEVILLA) y llevo muy poco tiempo con mi nuevo cnc, aprendere, he intentate ayudar en lo que puede, empezar de 0 cuesta, un saludete a todos.
« Reply #2635 on: November 02, 2018, 01:55:32 PM »
Hello, I am Robert, live in Oakville, Ontario, Canada.
My son is starting in woodworking business and about a year ago he mentioned that large-size thickness planers are becoming a thing of a past and are being replaced by CNC routers for flattening large live edge table slabs.
I looked into it and thought I can build one much cheaper than buying a commercial unit. I had no prior experience in machining and mechanical design so there was (and still is) a lot for me to learn. But working on weekends I did it in about 8 months.  A few days ago we leveled the first table :-D
There are a few little things still "under construction" but the machine is functional.  I borrowed the rail design from Joe's CNC blueprint to keep the cost down but used commercial linear bearings for the Z axis. The gantry rails are 144" long (the longest 80/20 profiles local supplier could deliver), the gantry is 80" wide, Z axis travel is about 5".
I started with an idea of using Arduino+GRBL controller but quickly abandoned it in favour of Mach3+parallel port break out board. I am very grateful to NFS/Artsoft for making it possible and so affordable.
Using Mach3 instead of open-source significantly accelerated my build. As I learn more about Mach software appreciate more and more what it can do.
« Reply #2636 on: November 09, 2018, 06:25:44 AM »
Hi Robert,
Nice to see you got such a big project done in such a short time, and your fist machine as well!

Welcome to our world. There is no escape!

Mike
We never have the time or money to do it right the first time, but we somehow manage to do it twice and then spend the money to get it right.
« Reply #2637 on: November 10, 2018, 01:07:20 PM »
I was noticing that as of this writing we have 2795 members and have only heard from a couple of hundred and an even smaller number of regular posters.

So if you are new around here please post and introduce your self.  You could give a little on your background, hobbies , how you ended up here, whatever!

This is a site to help with mach. There is a great talent pool here already but this is a community driven site and we would love to hear from the silent masses ;)

So stand up and say hi!!

Thanks,

Chad

My name is Gary and I am from NYC.

Well, I just joined and downloaded the trial Mach 3 version. I been using New Hermes machines and the Gravostyle programs. I learned the opensys (DOS)  program as well as the gravostyle 98, 5 and I think the new one is 7.  I just bought a 6040 CNC and seems that my programs do not work with it. Trying to set up the Mach 3 and I must say that I certainly need help. I mean I can run my engravers with my eyes closed but I can't  seem to even get the Mach3 to set up. I am looking for some sort of tutorial program, if there is one out there.

Offline ZASto

•  423 423
    • View Profile
« Reply #2638 on: November 10, 2018, 01:14:00 PM »
https://www.machsupport.com/help-learning/product-manuals/
Scroll a bit down to Mach3 Manuals, download and READ.
Make no mistake between my personality and my attitude.
My personality is who I am.
My attitude depends on who you are.
« Reply #2639 on: November 10, 2018, 01:26:15 PM »
Thanks. I printed it out yesterday along with the Mill Wizard. I'll read them both and see what I can grasp. I am usually a quick learner.  I am looking for answers to a couple of questions, such as can I have two cnc programs on the same computer and use them both?
Thanks again.