Hello Guest it is August 20, 2019, 01:07:11 PM

Author Topic: New people welcome !! Come in here and introduce your self!  (Read 3394131 times)

Re: New people welcome !! Come in here and introduce your self!
« Reply #2630 on: September 21, 2018, 02:29:30 PM »
Hello All- Very very new. Just picked up a new to me LMS mini mill with CNC Fusion conversion already done.

I am a graphich designer and have learned some CAD, so want to start making parts for my old BMW motrcycle and maybe some lamps, coffee makers etc. Looking to start learing how to weld as a companion skill to machining metal.

Looking forward to learning from all of you.

PS- dont know if it's my eyesight or brain but I cannot find button to post for some setup help
« Reply #2631 on: September 21, 2018, 05:54:11 PM »
Hi Hanz,
Try posting under Mach 3 general discussions. Use the new topic button and away you go.

Welcome aboard.
We never have the time or money to do it right the first time, but we somehow manage to do it twice and then spend the money to get it right.
« Reply #2632 on: September 22, 2018, 07:25:52 PM »
Hello
I'm Mike from Alberta Canada. I am currently working as a CNC machinist. Designed and built my first CNC router recently. Now I am having trouble with the electronics and software portion. So I am hoping to get some help from the more experienced users of Mach3.

« Reply #2633 on: September 28, 2018, 11:34:41 AM »
Hi, I'm Lee - I live in Venice FL and am fairly new to CNC machines. I've had mine for several years and had some issues with it, I got frustrated with it and let it collect some dust. I am now determined to get it running, I was hoping I could get some guidance here as it seems to be a software/set up issue I'm having now. So, where do I even begin to resolve my issues? It's cutting multiple circles (ovals) instead of the G-Code I sent to my machine. It also seems to stretch the images on the Y axis quite a bit. Anyway - this seems like a great forum, I'm excited to get involved.
« Reply #2634 on: September 29, 2018, 07:12:41 AM »
It's cutting multiple circles (ovals) instead of the G-Code I sent to my machine. It also seems to stretch the images on the Y axis quite a bit. Anyway - this seems like a great forum, I'm excited to get involved.
Welcome to the forum.
It sounds like your Cam software and Mach4 are not configured properly. It sounds like the Incremental vs Absolute arc centers settings are incorrect. If you need further help. please post in the appropriate forums.

Mike
We never have the time or money to do it right the first time, but we somehow manage to do it twice and then spend the money to get it right.
« Reply #2635 on: September 29, 2018, 12:20:25 PM »
Howdy, Wayne P. here. 71 yr old retired and thinking of building a cnc router. I do pyrography and a little scroll sawing. Stay in north Carolina.

totally confused about the computer issue. Mach3 says non integrated video card and no laptop, but see a lot of laptops on videos running it and having a hard time finding a non integrated computer. Any help / direction is appreciated.
« Reply #2636 on: September 29, 2018, 05:16:00 PM »
Hi,
if you are going to use a parallel port:
1) You must use a 32 bit Windows OS, Windows 7 or earlier
2) You should not use a laptop...the powersaving features of a laptop interfere with the smooth running of the parallel port driver, it does work but often
    not well
3) A separate video card is highly recommended...integrated video does work but the demand it places on the CPU will screw with the timing of the
    parallel port driver.

If you are going to use an external motion controller like a SmoothStepper or UC300 then ALL of those restrictions are either off or relaxed:
1) You can use any Windows OS 32 or 64 bit including Windows 10
2) You can use a laptop, the critical timing is done by the SmoothStepper/UC300
3) It is still recommended that you have a video card, it just make the PC run faster but is not necessary.

Craig
My wife left with my best friend...
     and I miss him!

Offline madi

•  17 17
    • View Profile
« Reply #2637 on: October 02, 2018, 10:45:10 AM »
hi, i am madi from malaysia, and i am new in this so call cnc, an i hope to get some knowledge from u guys, because i am new thanks..
« Reply #2638 on: October 18, 2018, 02:29:24 PM »
Hola soy nuevo en el foro he posteado ya, no había visto este post de presentaciones, nunca es tarde si la intención es buena.
Soy de Ecija(SEVILLA) y llevo muy poco tiempo con mi nuevo cnc, aprendere, he intentate ayudar en lo que puede, empezar de 0 cuesta, un saludete a todos.
« Reply #2639 on: November 02, 2018, 01:55:32 PM »
Hello, I am Robert, live in Oakville, Ontario, Canada.
My son is starting in woodworking business and about a year ago he mentioned that large-size thickness planers are becoming a thing of a past and are being replaced by CNC routers for flattening large live edge table slabs.
I looked into it and thought I can build one much cheaper than buying a commercial unit. I had no prior experience in machining and mechanical design so there was (and still is) a lot for me to learn. But working on weekends I did it in about 8 months.  A few days ago we leveled the first table :-D
There are a few little things still "under construction" but the machine is functional.  I borrowed the rail design from Joe's CNC blueprint to keep the cost down but used commercial linear bearings for the Z axis. The gantry rails are 144" long (the longest 80/20 profiles local supplier could deliver), the gantry is 80" wide, Z axis travel is about 5".
I started with an idea of using Arduino+GRBL controller but quickly abandoned it in favour of Mach3+parallel port break out board. I am very grateful to NFS/Artsoft for making it possible and so affordable.
Using Mach3 instead of open-source significantly accelerated my build. As I learn more about Mach software appreciate more and more what it can do.