Hello Guest it is March 18, 2024, 11:13:52 PM

Author Topic: New people welcome !! Come in here and introduce your self!  (Read 4511332 times)

Re: New people welcome !! Come in here and introduce your self!
« Reply #2160 on: September 25, 2015, 10:07:27 PM »
Hey all very frustrated new user. 50 year old tool maker.Trying to replace a max nc system with a Keiling nema 23 servo system...S.O.S...!
« Reply #2161 on: September 27, 2015, 06:13:16 PM »
Hello all, my name is Marty and I've been dabbling with Mach3 and a router off and on for a few years. My background is in electrical controls and 2d CNCing with waterjets. Currently using Mach3 to make engravings in panels of the cedar chests I make. Best Regards!
« Reply #2162 on: September 28, 2015, 02:08:07 AM »
Hi all,

I am new to this group and a complete novice as far as mach3 is concerned. My name is Dick Neighbors and I live in Cincinnati OH. I build custom cues and repair them for a living. I've been doing repairs since the late sixties and have been building them for 23 years.

At present I have a 33X33" CNC gantry router that I built about 10 years ago. The operating system is AH-HA which is a dos based system and they are out of business now. I have learned to use it and it does all that I need, perfectly.

But my problem now is that I have purchased a new machine and have decided to use the mach3 software. I build custom cue sticks and use that machine for inlays, deco-rings and engraving. The new machine will be for tapering shafts and butts. Although I am familiar with the Ah-Ha software, I'm going to be lost as far as installing and formatting the mach3 software.

Dick
« Reply #2163 on: September 28, 2015, 09:37:09 AM »
Hello, we have a CNC ROUTER with a plasma cutter, we have a problem when we work with the plasma profile, the motors not move properly in all axis. When we work with the mill profile , we don't have any problem and the machine works properly. Can you help us?

Thanks.
« Reply #2164 on: September 30, 2015, 12:34:46 AM »
Hey folks, my name is Doc, but DocNasty was my radio personality for years and years.  Anyways, I just picked up an xCarve from Inventables, but I really want to get Mach4 figured out for some projects i'm working on. 

Anyways, I don't know how much i'll be here, but I do want to show my support, and figure out the software.  I'm a software developer by trade.  VB, C#, C++, etc..  I have a 3D printer, so i'm familiar with GCode.  I just need to figure out how to get started with Mach4, and hopefully not much has changed since the original videos came out many years ago. 

Hopefully if all goes well, i'll have some great stuff to brag about.  Until then, i'm looking for how to generate the GCode, etc.. and how this whole thing works.
« Reply #2165 on: September 30, 2015, 05:29:15 PM »
Hi all.

Just joined the group and got started with Mach3. We're building a Plasma machine and can't wait to use it!

I did have an issue with installing but think it was just due to the Avast antivirus.

« Reply #2166 on: October 01, 2015, 04:51:44 PM »
Hello All,
I've been a casual user of Mach 3 for awhile and am getting more involved.  Can anyone point me toward a good thread where I can find out the difference between Wizards and Brains?   My manuals and MachScreen may be a little out-of-date.     

Anyway, I'm somewhere between hobbyist and professional.  I turn some small stainless steel and aluminum parts using Mach lathe which I sell, but mostly, I just like building stuff and automation.  Right now I'm working on a watchmakers lathe. I've got Mach 3 running two axis, and am adding spindle control.

Thanks All and Regards,
JB_52
« Reply #2167 on: October 13, 2015, 12:29:37 PM »
Hi my name is Kevin iv'e been a machist since back in the mid 80s when my father my brother and myself started a company manufacturing medical research equipment. we needed a new CNC machine to make small parts on and after loking around at what was out there decided to make our own

Offline Tweakie.CNC

•  9,194 9,194
  • Super Kitty
    • View Profile
« Reply #2168 on: October 13, 2015, 12:50:46 PM »
Hi my name is Kevin iv'e been a machist since back in the mid 80s when my father my brother and myself started a company manufacturing medical research equipment. we needed a new CNC machine to make small parts on and after loking around at what was out there decided to make our own

Hi Kevin,

Welcome to the forum.

We look forward to following the progress with your machine build. Please be sure to post some pictures during your progress (we all love pictures  :) ) in the Show'n'Tell section. Any questions you may have just ask away - best to post questions as a New Topic in the general section.

Tweakie.
PEACE
« Reply #2169 on: October 15, 2015, 08:40:59 AM »
 :)[img] Hi my name is Ashraf Sayed I worked in automation control since 1995. I had programmed several machines, but with PLC programs. I programmed several machine contains servo and stepper drives. But, now this is a first trying with CNC. I'm trying to build Router machine with mach3, I have three Mitsubishi TRA41 servo drives and three servo motors with three external encoder (incremental type). And, I want to be used them in CNC Router machine. I need help choosing Appropriate Breakout Board. And, some advice to beginning this project.