Hello Guest it is March 19, 2024, 01:18:21 AM

Author Topic: New people welcome !! Come in here and introduce your self!  (Read 4511419 times)

Offline mvoros

•  141 141
    • View Profile
Re: New people welcome !! Come in here and introduce your self!
« Reply #1490 on: June 05, 2012, 10:08:22 AM »
Hi All,
My name is Mike, I live near Windsor Ontario, Canada. I go back a long way with numerical controlled machines, to the times when we made programs using Friden teletypes to produce paper or mylar tapes to run the NC machines. Boy, did technology change since than. I'm retired now, and have no intentions to give up all the knowledge I've enquired over the 34 years.
I have a small cnc wood router play with (using Mach3), creating fantastic relief carvings and engravings. Two months ago I purchased a larger (2'X3') router with rotary from China. Beggars can't be choosers you see. It fitted into my purse. I ordered the machine to run with Mach3. This they did, however, it has a" PLCX 6045M" card instead a breakout board, it has USB cable instead of parallel cable. It supposed to run 4 axis. They included a Jamen JNC-40M Usb interface software. Translation(Goggle?) is very hard to decipher, trying to follow their English instruction is, well Chinese for me.
I need help from your team to get this new toy running. Cannot find anything similar to my problem on your forums.  
By the way I'm a registered Mach3 user for the past 5 year.
Yours truly,   Mike
« Reply #1491 on: June 05, 2012, 05:13:03 PM »
   ;D
Hi guesswork welcome aboard,congratulations for stepping outside your comfort zone,your background will be a big asset,
and the guys in the General Mach Discussion Threads will I'm sure answer all your questions and steer you in the right direction,

Regards
  Dick  ;)

« Reply #1492 on: June 05, 2012, 05:29:51 PM »
   ;D 
 Hi Mike welcome aboard, everybody is a valued member of the group, It has been said many times that you can take the man out of the workshop but it is much harder to take the workshop out of the man.
 We all need help and a sounding board at times,that is what this group is all about,post your questions on the General Mach Discussion threads,never be embarrassed to ask questions,I doubt that there would  be a member that has not needed help at some time,that's what this group is about a pooling and sharing of knowledge.

Regards

Dick  ;)  

Offline mvoros

•  141 141
    • View Profile
« Reply #1493 on: June 06, 2012, 09:24:03 AM »
Trickey,
Thanks for the warm welcome.
I'm new to this forum, tried many times to post, without luck I may add. Hope I got the hang of it now.
I'm desperate to find an answer to my current problem, please tell me how to contact Art or his team by email.
Mike
« Reply #1494 on: June 06, 2012, 04:22:10 PM »
Hi Mike I don't know if I can be of much help to you, I hold no official position in this group,my belief is that if someone has taken the time and effort to introduce themselves they should receive, at the very least a genuine and heartfelt welcome.
      I have never been asked how to get in touch with a particular member, when I have required assistance, there has been many, I have just posted on one of the threads, the only thing that I can think may help is that someone from Art's team read of your need and get in touch,or maybe seek help through a moderator. ???

Sorry that I have not been of much help
  Dick

Offline mvoros

•  141 141
    • View Profile
« Reply #1495 on: June 06, 2012, 04:49:18 PM »
Thanks Dick.
Have a nice day,   Mike.
« Reply #1496 on: June 17, 2012, 11:12:57 AM »
Hi, I have been lurking on this site for about a year, and thought I would finally register. I have had some  cnc experience using a Fadal mill and I am going to build a mill/router using mach3. I am semi retired and live in Stillwater, OK.
« Reply #1497 on: June 18, 2012, 08:32:44 PM »
Hey Guys,  I haven't used my cnc for three weeks or so and went out to use it today and it will not move at all.  The DRO does not even register anything with using the arrow keys or with using the tab key to get the mach 3 mover.  I was wondering if the heat and humidity would have anything to do with it.  Or what other ideas you have.   It is in a unconditioned shed and I have used it lots before but not for the last three weeks.  And three weeks ago it worked fine, any ideas?
« Reply #1498 on: June 23, 2012, 07:09:52 PM »
we are t& m surplus a millitary surplus store.  We want to engrave on 50 cal casings using the 4 axis.  The machine and everything function fine but we dont really know how to set the height of the z axis so it dont kick the casing out.

Offline brlippincott

•  1 1
  • Machinist, robot tinkerer, sea kayaker, Whovian
    • View Profile
« Reply #1499 on: June 28, 2012, 10:44:56 PM »
Hi, I thought an introduction might be in order. I am an engineer at an LED company, and with a recent reevaluation of our prototyping capabilities I have been directed to explore, locate and purchase a small CNC mill for our use. (Hurray!!) There is one that falls into our budget and happens to use Mach 3. This is good on two fronts, the first is that my reading and such indicates Mach 3 is a very versatile, well supported, all around great program. The second is that I recently purchased a small desk top CNC as an addition to my own home machine shop and it also is set up (or will be )to run with Mach 3.
My background is mostly machine shop, mechanical engineering, electronics, industrial wiring, automotive/motorcycle mechanic, and I have a bit of a robotics habit. There seems to never be enough time for that last one.  :'( 
I'm glad to be a part of this forum, and I hope to learn something about Mach 3 for both home and work. Be safe.
Brian
"I know just enough about robotics to be a danger to myself and others."