Hello Guest it is March 19, 2024, 05:28:31 AM

Author Topic: New people welcome !! Come in here and introduce your self!  (Read 4511566 times)

Re: New people welcome !! Come in here and introduce your self!
« Reply #1990 on: November 16, 2014, 12:45:11 AM »
Hello Edoctoor here.
I use to be a computer operator way back when businesses used mainframes computers; hence my nick name
Edoctoor which is Root Code spelt backwards.
I ended up being a factory worker and never programmed for a living; although, I did take four semesters of computer programming before
Microsoft windows took over.

I am over 50 and live in London Ontario Canada.

As a hobby I like to build things... scratch build airplanes that really fly... and lately a hobby CNC machine because I obtained some one inch ballscrews
and thought that I would enjoy the challenge. I live in a condo and have burbur carpet and built a 31" x 31" aluminum CNC machine on my balcony painfully
designing each part and creating each part with no more than a hand drill and a miter saw.

Currently, I am learning how to use a CNC machine and I am very pleased with MACH III
If your from London Ontario Canada do not hesitate to send me a message.
Again thank you for your kind words and your helpful tips and tricks.. you are appreciated
more than you will ever know during our struggle with the start-up learning curve.
« Reply #1991 on: November 19, 2014, 04:26:45 AM »
Hi all!!
I am new here and to the Mach world and also CNC in general.

I found this place when I was looking for a solution to a little problem I have been having in regards to Mach3.
I have posted it and with any luck one of you guys can help me.
Its pretty noob problem but hey we all start out as noobs eh?

So hi!

Best regards

Vinny
« Reply #1992 on: November 23, 2014, 12:18:03 AM »
Hello. I am newly retired and have acquired a kit built CNC mill. A close friend who basically likes building anything complex but not unlike the guy who builds a guitar but doesn't play he did not know what to do with it. I had a 4 year run in the 70's as a cnc operator and G code programmer so he gave it to me.  Mostly Lathe work. 50hp Cincinnati Milicrons and Cadillac's. I too worked with tape controllers (Fanuc)  that could be programmed directly with G. We had to trig out the tool paths and convert to G. I liked the work back then but one day the plant genius came out to my machine with a print out of a tool path on paper built by a "PC". Something clicked and I began a 40 year career in Enterprise Networking. Now it seems I have a new hobby which will be getting my new toy up and running and making chips. It's my pleasure to be here and I will not hesitate to ask questions. It's been a long time since my last shift at the machine.
« Reply #1993 on: November 25, 2014, 08:12:29 PM »
Hello everyone My name is Eli i'm from the Kentucky USA. I'm new to cnc but been into machining for years. learning as i go in my shop/shed. i own a mini mill mini lathe, and mini cnc router.
« Reply #1994 on: November 26, 2014, 02:33:00 PM »
Hi...thanks for the invite. Just starting out with cnc stuff. Live in Michigan U.S.  CNC machine came with Mach 3. Will have lots and lots of questions probably starting today!! Been a carpenter for 30+ years and trying something new.  Jeff
« Reply #1995 on: November 29, 2014, 10:41:50 AM »
Hey Everyone I have owned mach 3 for a few months now finally got my machine running (minus limit switches)

Great software!

Working on getting a PS3 controller working next, then the Auto Z tool touch off bit working, then the limit switches.

Built A platform CNC kit. Cheers!
« Reply #1996 on: December 01, 2014, 12:29:46 PM »
Hello everyone, my name is Jamie. I am new here and new to cnc. I have been playing around for a year or two but still have allot to learn. Right now I need help which is what brings me here. I am not sure if this is the place to post my question but I will give it a try.
I had a motion control system built for my machine and when I got it had a trial version of Mach 3 that the builder uses to set up the system. I recently (last week) bought my full license of Mach 3  directly from ArtSoft. Anyway, I put the license in the mach 3 directory but when I open mach it still says it's registered to someone name Todd something or other. It does not seem to recognize the new license. Any ideas on how to fix this?

Thanks in advance, it takes people willing to help to get anything done.
« Last Edit: December 01, 2014, 12:31:22 PM by kjwalters »

Offline Tweakie.CNC

•  9,195 9,195
  • Super Kitty
    • View Profile
« Reply #1997 on: December 01, 2014, 12:36:28 PM »
Hi KJ,

Welcome to the forum.

Not really sure why you are having the problem.

Your Mach3 license should be named   Mach1Lic.dat  and this is copied into the Mach3 folder. When Mach3 is restarted it should then show your name as Licensed To:

Tweakie.
PEACE
« Reply #1998 on: December 01, 2014, 01:00:15 PM »
Hi KJ,

Welcome to the forum.

Not really sure why you are having the problem.

Your Mach3 license should be named   Mach1Lic.dat  and this is copied into the Mach3 folder. When Mach3 is restarted it should then show your name as Licensed To:

Tweakie.

I dont get either. I dropped the entire unzipped folder into the directory, I would think that would do it. Maybe one of the Mach guys can help I hear their support is good.
« Reply #1999 on: December 01, 2014, 03:00:47 PM »
Hello kjwalters,
  Did you check to see if there is an old license file in the Mach3 folder? you might have to delete that first if it says it's licensed to someone else. and then put your new license file in.

Dave