Hello Guest it is March 19, 2024, 04:08:24 AM

Author Topic: New people welcome !! Come in here and introduce your self!  (Read 4511515 times)

Re: New people welcome !! Come in here and introduce your self!
« Reply #250 on: October 07, 2008, 04:53:12 AM »
Hi, Im Mark I live in San Diego California. I have have put together two cnc machines. The first one is a hot wire 12' x 3' for cutting EPS foam. The second is a router 15' x 6'. Im just getting started with Mach3 and the router. learning how to use the programs and the machines is all most as much fun as building them.
Mark
« Reply #251 on: October 07, 2008, 04:55:24 AM »
Well, I'm not new either but I have simply not been up here to much since my machine has a DSP controller.
The general idea however is to modify my Exitech to be controlled by MACH, but up to now I have not dared
to knock in a break out board to do so....
There have been not to many who have done this with their Exitech machines so I'm kind of sitting on the fence
and waiting. I have looked at Campbells boards and also "The Brain" and I guess I have to make a decision soon.

The main reason for changing my DSP was to be able to control a 4th axis and potentially do some probing with
a touch probe. If I only managed to get this up and running, I would be sleeping a lot better  ;D
Some of the machine has been sold with Mach 3 support from the factory,
but there has not been to easy to get a feedback (from the factory) on how to convert the machine from DSP to Mach 3.

SW wise I'm using OneCNC, and that's it. Both CAD and CAM is done in this.

Kent
« Last Edit: October 07, 2008, 04:56:59 AM by Newton »

Offline kcib

•  74 74
    • View Profile
« Reply #252 on: October 07, 2008, 04:58:42 AM »
Hi all
my name is Alan I live in Norfolk UK and have been a member for around two years , I have two machines a Boxford 250pc which is converted to run on Mach and a Boxford 300vmc which will be converted very shortly using a DL06-DR PLC and Mach
Alan B.
« Reply #253 on: October 07, 2008, 05:15:45 AM »
Hi..  Got the email.   Sorry I haven't posted much.  Business and Personal life have kinda been upside down the last 3 years. 

I have a couple of home built CNC machines.  One is in the Hobby class and the other that I use with Mach is a heavy built horizontal router.  I will put up pics when I get a chance.  I am located in SC.

A good day to all....   Don
« Reply #254 on: October 07, 2008, 05:34:31 AM »
Hi
I've been lurking a while mainly reading up and trying to get my head around things.
I am building a router to use for making model parts and enraving.
Useing Mach3 and Cut2D.
I live in Cairns Queensland Australia.
In the Navy for twenty years, then Computer Systems Tech, Now heading for retirement.
« Reply #255 on: October 07, 2008, 05:46:00 AM »
Hi, I live in Auckland, New Zealand and I've been a member of this forum for a couple of years, since I downloaded and bought the software, although I've never used it (not yet anyway).

I was intending to use the forum eventually as I found it necessary, but the message from the top has sped things up somewhat!

I am 6 months from retirement and have started to retrofit an old (but good) H-Square engraver, - I hope to use this program in conjunction with Sheetcam and a Xylotex controller for my retirement business.

Hope to have some useful discussions with many of you in the future - I have a lot to learn!

Regards,
Will.
« Reply #256 on: October 07, 2008, 05:48:34 AM »
Hi, I'm Bernard.
I am in UK, and have been an industrial control engineer for longer than I would care to admit.
Among other things, I also build high end valve amplifiers for musicians. If you are interested you can find me at www.maughanamps.com.
I have also done lots of motion control over the years, from mechanical then analogue electronic copying systems for large lathes,
through to intelligent motion control for multi-kilotonne hydraulic presses and automated industrial packaging systems.
The idea of intelligent motion control using a PC appealed, and I'm presently getting a 3-axis stepper controlled machine ready to install in my own shop. That's how I found ArtSoft on the web. When I get it up and running (hopefully using Mach3) then I'll report back.
« Reply #257 on: October 07, 2008, 05:57:27 AM »
Hi

I am one of the zero posters BUT I read most messages and am learning a great amount from other members questions. I have not asked any questions as I do not know the question to ask yet! I am still in the initial building stages and have not yet started to run MACH so do not know what problems I will run into.

I am  Frank from Australia and have a part built router and a CNC converted Sieg X2 Mill which I hope to get running in the near future. Then I will be asking questions

Please - keep me on the list!!

Frank from OZ
« Reply #258 on: October 07, 2008, 06:07:52 AM »
My name is Jesper from Sweden.

Have built a mill for cutting foam and wood and are using Mach3. Works fine!
« Reply #259 on: October 07, 2008, 06:20:16 AM »
Hi All,

I'm Barry

I'm a professor of sculpture in sarasota the moment.  I am one of the zero posters, but usually find answers to my questions from reading other posts.

I started 4 years ago with converting a sherline to cnc with a xylotex kit, and later built a 2ft x 4ft router also with the help of a xylotex kit.

I'm primarily working with rhino and madcam to convert to gcode, and then obviously using mach to execute it.

lately i've been playing with the video digitizer, thanks for that one Art.

-barry