Hello Guest it is May 25, 2019, 07:41:28 PM

Author Topic: New people welcome !! Come in here and introduce your self!  (Read 3341088 times)

Re: New people welcome !! Come in here and introduce your self!
« Reply #2020 on: December 21, 2014, 02:52:09 PM »
Hi guys well thatnks for the add
well i have just bought myself a CNC machine
and after having to buy myself another compter with 32bit and windows 7
i have got round to makeing a start useing it.
but a quick question i want to make a sign on it but i havnt a clue where to start
can anybody point me in the right direction on where to start

thanks
« Reply #2021 on: December 21, 2014, 05:19:59 PM »
Hi,
Richard from Wales, machining is my hobby, covered the basics as an apprentice, now moving on.
I think I'm going to need some help!!
« Reply #2022 on: December 21, 2014, 05:27:53 PM »
hi richard welcome.

i am just starting out have just got the gear but havent a clue how to work it.
 lol
 :)

Hi,
Richard from Wales, machining is my hobby, covered the basics as an apprentice, now moving on.
I think I'm going to need some help!!
« Reply #2023 on: December 23, 2014, 10:33:40 PM »
Hi,
My name is Syafiq, i'm from Malaysia, very new with Machining.
Right now, i'm planning to use CNC Minitech for my PhD project, to machine Microfluidics.

« Reply #2024 on: December 24, 2014, 05:34:54 AM »
My Name is Carl, Just nearing the completion of my first CNC Router. I'm a Fitter and Machinist and love DIY anything. I have owned a CNC Plasma in the past and operated CNC Lathes. I'm looking forward to getting this thing going once I iron out a major problem (posted in other area). I will frequent here regularly as I do with other forums relating to other interests.
All the best and MERRY CHRISTMAS.
Carl
« Reply #2025 on: December 25, 2014, 03:19:33 AM »
Hello everyone
My name is Ken, I have just started using a combination lathe and milling machine that is called Patriot Mill. I have used it for a short time in manual mode, but it is set up to work with the Mach 3 system. I am just getting the computer and will be installing the Mach 3 system shortly. I have been studying the tutorials and manuals and hopefully everything goes well.I herd that old dogs have a hard time learning new tricks, but this old dog is going to try haha so please be gentle when I need a hand. thanks to all before hand and have a safe and Merry Christmas  
« Reply #2026 on: December 29, 2014, 11:22:47 PM »
Hello!

I have been using Mach 3 for years on my Taig mini mill! I am considering building some new machines and have finally signed up for more input and discussion.

Cheers
Brian
« Reply #2027 on: January 01, 2015, 11:28:49 AM »
Greetings.   I am wading into the world of CNC.  This site has already been helpful in my introduction.

P.
« Reply #2028 on: January 02, 2015, 07:13:51 PM »
Hi.

My name is Johan, goes under the nick Hondo at this forum. I live in Norway and work with fiberoptics and occasionally copper cables. In 2011 I bought an Emco VMC100 with an awfully old TM02-controller. It ran fine until yesterday, hence the reason I'm on this forum now. :) But now it's time to bite the "retrofitbullet", as they say. I'm gonna need alot of help from you experienced retrofit-guys. I also have an Emcoturn 120 that need the same treatment. Expect to see me roam the forum with more or less dumb questions, and hopefully a building thread of my own soon. ;)

Cheers

Johan

« Reply #2029 on: January 04, 2015, 02:52:04 PM »
Hello.
My name is Gayle and I live in Tucson AZ with my Wife and Grandson.  I am a retired Firefighter from California.  My Hobbies are Woodworking and most recently Metal working.  I have a Mini Mill and Mini Lathe which inspired my interest in CNC.  Right now I am waiting for my CNC Router to arrive, so I'm a newbie and on a Slow learning curve.  

Gayle