Hello Guest it is March 19, 2024, 06:53:22 AM

Author Topic: New people welcome !! Come in here and introduce your self!  (Read 4511610 times)

Re: New people welcome !! Come in here and introduce your self!
« Reply #2750 on: August 11, 2020, 05:52:11 PM »
Hi my name is Mario all the way from the San Diego/Tijuana border region. I studied architecture and love fabrication and furniture design.
I'm currently working with a company that uses a Velox VR 2525 cnc routing machine with the mach 3 software. I've been working with them for some time and haven't had any issues what so ever, until today when the infamous "external estop requested" warning message appeared. I've attached a couple of images if that helps. I've already checked all of the wiring. Everything seems in place.
Like I said my main thing is designing, no really electrical engineering. Can anyone offer any advice?

Thanks in advance.
Mario.
« Reply #2751 on: August 24, 2020, 05:42:15 PM »

I've been running a Windows XP Mach3 system, controlling a small CNC router, for about 11 years now.  It all worked fine, and I didn't have any questions, up until now.  I'll go post my questions somewhere more appropriate.

I cut out small parts (wood, brass, leather, plastic) for the musical instruments that we build here.
« Reply #2752 on: August 25, 2020, 12:34:38 AM »
My name Mario,
Retired mechanical ing. Work with Caterpillar products all my working life.
I am a hobby woodworker now and I built most of the  machines, including a 19 inch band saw, in my 2 car garage shop.
My newly built CNC machine 2x4f  is working ok but there are some questions that I have about Mach3 some times.     Well thank you very much for helping me and all us the newbies.
« Last Edit: August 25, 2020, 12:37:41 AM by mtabernig »
Mtabernig
« Reply #2753 on: August 30, 2020, 05:57:10 PM »
Hello, My name is Ray and I'm new to CNC routers.  I just purchased Mach3 to use to run my Genmitsu 3018-Pro CNC router.  Is there anyone out there that has a tutorial on how to configure the Mach3 software for my machine?  I would greatly appreciate some help.

Thank you!
« Reply #2754 on: September 13, 2020, 09:05:45 PM »
I’m a newbie to anything Cnc. I just won a chinacnczone 6090 machine at a local auction. It came with a pc thats rubbing mach 3. Along with cnc usb controller software. I do not have a clue what I’m doing. Where do I begin.

Offline Tweakie.CNC

•  9,195 9,195
  • Super Kitty
    • View Profile
« Reply #2755 on: September 14, 2020, 12:55:53 AM »
I’m a newbie to anything Cnc. I just won a chinacnczone 6090 machine at a local auction. It came with a pc thats rubbing mach 3. Along with cnc usb controller software. I do not have a clue what I’m doing. Where do I begin.

Reading the Mach3 manual may be a good place to start  https://www.machsupport.com/help-learning/product-manuals/

Tweakie.
PEACE
« Reply #2756 on: September 29, 2020, 03:05:04 AM »
I am new here, well about 2 days old before i registered.... Anyways pretty new to the cnc world. Built my first 3 axis mill which is about 98% complete. Thought i would hook up a XBOX controller to test my steppers and well hit my first bump in the road.... Ive read almost every thread there is in here and tried the fixes people talk about but for some reason i can only get my buttons to do something like Stop and reset. Left and right stick do nothing.... Im getting pretty frustrated with it. Win XP pos pc with fresh downloads of the required files. Any help would greatly appreciated. Thank you.
« Reply #2757 on: October 16, 2020, 02:32:15 AM »
Hi guys

I am Abram, all the way from South Africa. Been using a CNC machine for a while now, new to Mach3. Happy days here from the southern tip of Africa.

enjoy
« Reply #2758 on: October 16, 2020, 07:48:01 AM »
Hello from Ontario Canada.

Long time CNC user in industry. Just getting started at home with my dyna myte 1007, trying to find my way around mach3 and the various hardware that has been changed in the machine.
« Reply #2759 on: November 04, 2020, 03:22:46 AM »
Hi,  My name is Steve Harris and I live near Worcester in England. I am retired now and have been interested in CNC for some years.  I have a Denford Triac mill which I started rebuilding (electronics were U/S) a while ago. An acquaintance helped me with initial set up but by the time I got to the electronics stage I had lost touch with him so now I am stuck with a machine doing nothing.  My problem is that I am OK on the mechanical and electrical side of things but electronics to me are a mystery !!
I will probably be posting a fair few questions in my efforts to, at last, get this thing going.
The triac came from a local college, where my wife worked, and came in a job lot of machines and stuff.  The Denford miller cost me £5-60, and I also have the Orac lathe at the same price !!
Sorry to rant on but perhaps you can see my dilemma as I've spent a fair few pounds on hardware and would love to get this up and running.
Regards.  Steve Harris