Hello Guest it is March 19, 2024, 04:58:54 AM

Author Topic: New people welcome !! Come in here and introduce your self!  (Read 4511550 times)

Offline Inna

•  22 22
    • View Profile
Re: New people welcome !! Come in here and introduce your self!
« Reply #450 on: November 06, 2008, 06:58:26 AM »
Hello! My name is Inna.
I leave in Ukraine, work on the RecRobots company as engineer of CNC.
We are produce a cnc machines plasmacut, mill etc.

« Reply #451 on: November 07, 2008, 07:00:03 AM »
Hi My name is Rick.

I am a aircraft mechanic who decided to build a CNC machine to help me build aircraft panels for my home cockpit. My machine is 24" x 14" by 4".

I decided to move my machine to a dedicated computer and I have been having problems ever since.

Typically i don't post to forum because most of the time, someone has already asked the question you intend to ask.

Rick

« Reply #452 on: November 21, 2008, 05:32:22 PM »
G'Day,

My name is Peter and I'm from Melbourne, Australia.
I'm just about finished my Master's Thesis after many years and I need a new project to fill up all those free hours  ;D, so I've decided to build a combo cnc router and plasma machine.

I've come up with a concept design for my machine, (I'm an Industrial designer by profession) and after reading heaps of Forums and websites etc I have pretty much decided on my electronics, drives etc and software (Mach 3 of course  :) )

It's a steep learning curve but I'm enjoying all of it so far.
I'm looking forward to really getting the most out of the Mach 3 software ..... Seems like a great piece of kit!

Regards,

Peter.
« Last Edit: November 22, 2008, 04:32:21 PM by Profpinz »
Peter

Offline Rieks

•  26 26
    • View Profile
« Reply #453 on: November 22, 2008, 08:18:44 AM »
Hello,

My name is Rieks  living in Emmen in the Netherlands
I am a retired Electronics Technician.
My Hobby is Modellbuilding.
The things I do is building Modell Airplanes and Modell Engines.
The project I'm working on is a 3-cyllinder radial engine after completing a
7-cyllinder radial.
I have a small Lathe and a dito Mill and am trying to make them CNC controled.
My first experiments with CNC I had building a 3-D Router with PCNC and want a more professional Software, so my eye fell on Mach3.
I have my license, and now I'm fighting trough the Manuals.

Greetings to all  Rieks

Offline mckoz

•  17 17
    • View Profile
« Reply #454 on: November 23, 2008, 03:36:08 PM »
Hi all, my name is David McKay, and I'm in the process of converting an Industrial Hobbies manual mill to a CNC (Mach3 of course), partially using their kit, and partially my own experience with Automation and Control systems.  I started out in the late 80s doing Automation programming for manufacturing facilities, although I haven't done any programming in 10 years at least.  My reason for doing the conversion, and in fact for getting the mill in the first place is because I have a few ideas about creating some experimental aviation performance parts, AND I really just want to hobby it up a bit.

Anyway, I'm going to use cnc4pc's step and direction board to talk to a vfd, and will probably use one of my old plc's as a modbus slave for certain aspects of control of the system.  As I'm sure most of these projects are budget based (as is mine), I would like to get a recommendation on a spindle speed detection component to provide a closed loop speed control system.  I'm currently planning on taking the speed reference off the top of the spindle shaft, since I've got about 5 inches exposed on the top of the head.

I will also post this as a new topic in General Mach Discussion.

Thoughts and recommendations?

David
« Reply #455 on: November 23, 2008, 09:36:55 PM »
Hello,
I'm new to the Mach world as I just purchased a Tormach milling machine which I should be taking posession of on this coming wednesday, Nov. 26, 2008. I have a AA in Mech. Engineering, a journeyman card as a Machinist and current work as a Eng. Tech. for new product development. I also have just started a part time busness at home hence the CNC mill. I currently have a lathe and mill in my home shop as well as welders, grinders etc. I love design, build, and use. Always something new from automotive to firearms.
Rory D.
www.radesignsproducts.com
Rory D.
"If I didn't live in the middle of nowhere!"
« Reply #456 on: November 27, 2008, 01:10:36 PM »
Hello - My name is Michael Goom, hence the Goomy nickname which I have had to live with for the last 55 years since infant school. I live near Bristol England.

I am completely new to the area of CNC as I have only had a working system for 4 days and that is still a birds nest on my workbench. I have been a model engineer for the last 30 years and run the website for the Bristol Society of Model and Experimental Engineers (BSMEE). If anyone is interested it can be found at www.bristolmodelengineers.co.uk . My main interest is in making stationary steam engines and workshop equipment ( I am told I build tools as I can't decide which which 'real' project to get on with next).

The mill I have is a Taig/Peatol mill that I have added the steppers, drivers and Mach 3 to. I sold the idea to my Higher Authority (Wife) as an engraving machine. and now I am a bit embarrassed as I am having problems with the 'Write Wizard'. The code it produces has all the correct number of moves and the z-axis moves as I would have predicted, however all the X, Y, I and J values are zero. As every other function I have tried so far seems to work can anyone suggest which parameter I have not set correctly?

looking forward to becoming immersed in this fascinating area.

Michael

« Reply #457 on: December 02, 2008, 09:59:28 PM »
Hello.

I am new to machining..  I have a sherline 5100 running Mach3..  I hope to learn alot from this forum..  I am hoping to carve wax models for jewelry making.
« Reply #458 on: December 07, 2008, 12:24:28 AM »
Hi all
My name is Glenn Davina.  I have been working with CNC machines since 1998.  I spent most of my first years just programming from models then got into making macro's and then finally fully automating using VB, C and PCI's which are part of the EdgeCAM interface.

The beginning of this year I switch jobs and thought I would not be doing anything with CNC so I decided to see if I could build my own CNC router.  Got a little carried away and ended up building a 4' x 8' cnc router moving gantry style.

I have xylotex 425 oz motors and drives.  Obviously running Mach 3.  The X axis are from cut down linear positioner, and the Y and Z axis are ball screw.
I am only running about 140 ipm on the X and 100 on the Y and Z to much of the old mid range resonance.

It is amazing the amount of knowledge that everyone shares
Thank you
Glenn

« Reply #459 on: December 13, 2008, 02:36:12 PM »
The name here is Brian,  Ive been creating geometry and cutting code at work for about 10 years and am still learning new things.  At work we have both CNC routers and an Eastman cutter (CNC fabric and vinyl cutter).  These machines are worlds apart as far and getting from the geometry to the finished part.
What I am working on as a home project is adding CNC to our long arm quilting machine.  The mechanical aspects are not causing many issues as I worked as a heavy equipment mechanic for 20years.  Where I am having issues is with getting wat works at work to work at home. (does that make any sense)?  With a quilter there will be only X and Y moves, no Z axis and no spindle to worry with as this machine is stitch regulated and stops when movement stops.  I have not been working with Mach and Lazy Cam but for just a few evenings and where I am running into issues is that when I creat a pattern it may be a single block that is 8"x8" or a long string that is 12"x120".
Enough for now I don't want to abuse my first post.

Brian