Hello Guest it is March 19, 2024, 01:35:25 AM

Author Topic: New people welcome !! Come in here and introduce your self!  (Read 4511431 times)

Re: New people welcome !! Come in here and introduce your self!
« Reply #1250 on: August 29, 2011, 07:59:27 PM »
hi all my name is rich i am a electrition  by trade. i purchaced a small cnc engraver to engrave wall plates and micarta lables.  i have mach3 as a program to run my machine. still trying to figure this software out. ithink i just need to spend some time on it.  still trying to get the homing stuff down. looking forward to being part of this meeage board.
« Reply #1251 on: August 29, 2011, 08:06:05 PM »
Hi all,

My name is Bon, from Osaka Japan. I am building a original table-top NC milling machine from May, 2010.
At first, the machine was build with wood, and cut its own parts with aluminum material and replace one by one.
Then, with these parts, make same parts with better accuracy were made .... its like a history of machine tools I had studied in school.
The machine is almost completed and improving its accuracy and rigidity.
Working area : X450, Y170, Z60

Parts are designed with CADintosh on my Macintosh. For the machine I bought a second-hand Windows PC.
Drawing data (DXF) is transferred by USB memory.
This is very primitive way, but I don't like to connect the windows PC to network.

TurboCNC has been used at the beginning with G-code input manually. However, writing codes is a boring job.
So that I have started to study Mach3+LazyCam, and licensed these recently.  New world is opened Now !
I'm still reading these manuals, and forum articles too.

Thank you  :)
Bon
« Reply #1252 on: August 30, 2011, 03:03:50 AM »
  ;D
Hi Rich and Bon welcome aboard yes Rich It will take up some time but,you will be amazed what other uses you will find for your engraver .once you have mastered the Mach 3 programme
Bon it sure has been a labour of love for you and a credit to you to show so much determination, congratulations.
Any questions that you both may have please address to the general forum

Dick  ;)
« Reply #1253 on: September 02, 2011, 01:03:02 PM »
My name is Stan Pleskunas and I am new to this forum and also new to running a CNC machine and creating my own G-code. My background is in the water sports industry, surfing, sailing and the like. I have spent most of my life designing and building products for this industry. A large portion of my work has been to design small machinery  and set up production lines for these types of products as well. I recently purchased a small K2 CNC machine and I am in the process trying to set it up. I am using SolidWorks 2011 and SolidCAM to design and build my parts.  I know in the short term I will not be of much help to anyone on this forum however hopefully in the future I will have something I can help other participants with.  My first question: The nature of my parts require that I generate code with the y and z axis reversed where the y becomes the z and z becomes the y axis. The reason for this is the my cutter axis is horizontal and in line with what now is the y axis.  My first thought was I will just switch plugs on the servos at the controller. That works HOWEVER  the buttons in mach three do not reflect the shift in axis so it is incredibly confusing especially for a newby like me. If it were possible to re-assign the axis symbols on the buttons in Mach 3 the problem would be almost solved. Also all of the other parameter designations for axis would also have to be changed to avoid confusion. Is there some method to do this on a global level within Mach 3. I suspect I am over looking other ways to solve this issue and any help would be greatly appreciated.     
« Reply #1254 on: September 02, 2011, 05:36:36 PM »
   ;D
welcome aboard Stan, I'm sure that you will find many uses for the skills that you will learn along the way,the many projects that can be achieved using C N C,this site is designed purely as a introduction site and it is always great to hear from new members but you will need to address your quires  to the General Mach Discussion site where there is a mountain of knowledge I'm sure that you will find the answers there
Thank you for introducing yourself it is always interesting to hear from new members

Dick    ;)

Offline DanZ

•  19 19
    • View Profile
« Reply #1255 on: September 05, 2011, 07:54:08 PM »
Hello
I consider my self new. I've been cutting, almost daily for my customers, on a 4 x 8 table, for just over a year.
I design in Vectric. I use the Mach 3 program to run my table.
That said...I'm now too interested in what else my machine can do.
I do have a question...but I'll post it else where.
Thanks.
Dan
« Reply #1256 on: September 08, 2011, 12:11:22 AM »
hello

my name is anwar from Malaysia,working as a practical student at Zecttron sdn bhd and my job here is doing some design and cnc simulation. Hope all friends can help me. My expertise is in mastercam MTS topcam and a lot of design software like a pro-E,autocad,catia,solidworks, and also i know about ansys. so now I am really need all of you to guide me in Mace3 both for turn and mil....thank you and nice to meet all of youl
« Reply #1257 on: September 10, 2011, 06:48:49 AM »
   ;D
Hi Anwar welcome aboard I'm sure that you will pick it up very quickly with your background, thank you for introducing yourself, it is always very interesting to hear from new members, unfortunately this is only and introduction site, you should address any questions to general forum where I'm sure that the guy's will be glad to answer them

Dick  ;)
« Reply #1258 on: September 10, 2011, 06:58:02 AM »
   ;D
 Hi Dan welcome aboard , no I would not class you as a new member,once bitten by the C N C  dog you are hooked for life as for what else can be done on your machine you are only limited by your imagination , there are a lot of members in the general forum that will be delighted to give your imagination a prod

Dick  ;)
« Reply #1259 on: September 13, 2011, 04:15:40 AM »
Hello
I have been in engineering all my life and am now retired. I have made an Allchine 1 1/2" traction engine, Quorn tool and cutter grinder, Whittle V8, Westbury paddle engine and many small jobs for various people.
Lately however I have been getting interested in CNC machining and am considering converting my Colchester Master to a cnc mill as follows.
X axis cross slide
Y axis vertical slide vice held where toolpost fits on top slide
Z axis top slide
All tools to be held in headstock chuck
Any thoughts?
Graham