Hello Guest it is March 18, 2024, 11:26:07 PM

Author Topic: New people welcome !! Come in here and introduce your self!  (Read 4511337 times)

Offline Tweakie.CNC

•  9,194 9,194
  • Super Kitty
    • View Profile
Re: New people welcome !! Come in here and introduce your self!
« Reply #2330 on: July 07, 2016, 01:27:53 AM »
Welcome back Benny.

Tweakie.
PEACE
« Reply #2331 on: July 09, 2016, 08:47:09 AM »
Hi all, I have worked with CNC machines for over 30yrs but never had an involvement in fixing them, I have a Semco lathe with a dead Anilam controller that I am looking at retrofitting with Mach 3. Need to work out what I can use and what needs to be replaced, most mechanics are really sound but machine has always had electrical issues :)
« Reply #2332 on: July 14, 2016, 01:39:27 PM »
Hi!
I'm from Spain but I'm looking here for someone who can make furniture with my designs (it's furniture for kids, I want to make and sell in USA, now I'm selling yet in Spain and France). Anyone interested for talk about? Sorry for my basic english :P hehe
« Reply #2333 on: July 16, 2016, 04:43:08 PM »
Hi I'm new to this site and just starting out trying to set up a mini lathe cnc set up and looking to see if I can use Mach3 it seems like it is quite complicated and not sure that I can learn all that is required.  Right now I'm trying to figure out what operating system that I need to be running, from what I can tell I need to be running a 32 bit version of windows 7 is this true?
Larry

Offline Tweakie.CNC

•  9,194 9,194
  • Super Kitty
    • View Profile
« Reply #2334 on: July 17, 2016, 12:59:25 AM »
Hi I'm new to this site and just starting out trying to set up a mini lathe cnc set up and looking to see if I can use Mach3 it seems like it is quite complicated and not sure that I can learn all that is required.  Right now I'm trying to figure out what operating system that I need to be running, from what I can tell I need to be running a 32 bit version of windows 7 is this true?

Mach3 Minimum Recommended Requirements:

Requirements if using the parallel port for machine control:
Desktop PC (Laptops are not supported) with at least one parallel port
32-bit version of Windows 2000, Windows XP, Windows Vista, or Windows 7 (64-bit versions will not work)
1Ghz CPU
512MB RAM
Non-integrated Video Card with 32MB RAM(Large G-code files, especially 3D files will require a video card with 512MB RAM or higher)

Requirements if using an external motion device for machine control:
An appropriate external motion controller (options can be found on the Plugins page)
Desktop or Laptop with Windows 2000, Windows XP, Windows Vista, Windows 7, or Windows 8
1Ghz CPU
512MB RAM
Video Card with 32MB RAM(Large G-code files, especially 3D files will require a video card with 512MB RAM or higher)

Tweakie.
PEACE
« Reply #2335 on: July 17, 2016, 05:59:18 PM »
Hi I am Dick Tilleman from northcentral  Montana  I am a retired farmer-rancher I have taken welding classes but had a pace maker installed a couple years ago but I can still use my 30 amp plasma cutter but I can not use my welder darn I am 76 years old but old farmers don't die they just rust.I bought a plasma table from Canada 4 or 5 years ago and they have went out of business and my Mach 3 program quite working I have just bought a new Mach 3 program and intent to install it is there any special things I should do before I install my new Mach 3 CD tilldirt@itstriangle.com
« Last Edit: July 17, 2016, 06:12:24 PM by vernelia »
« Reply #2336 on: July 18, 2016, 09:25:24 PM »
Hello everyone. My name is Danny I'm 30 years old and from Indiana. I have a sherline lathe setup with mach3 and a sherline mill without automation. I look forward to meeting new people here, helping others and getting a little help myself along the way. I'm good with troubleshooting mechanical problems and enjoy small engine repair as well as anything musical.
« Reply #2337 on: July 18, 2016, 11:11:50 PM »
 ;DHi:) I am Chris and was on this site a while ago Have worked as a Welder/Fitter/Machinist   Have operated Manuel Lathe and Mills for large Car part manufacturers like Linamar, Magna and welded and Lathed parts for Waste container Company like Fanotec Inc. Machining Bearing block, sheaves for roll off trucks cables, torktube for the front of the large front end loaders. Have setup and run CNC Strip-pit presses manufacturing Stove and fridge parts have setup Dies in 700ton presses and set dies in 150ton progressive presses making grill clip for Honda Car grilles. Have reconditioned old machinery to look like new for Samco Industries that makes heavy roll forming machines from scratch.
« Reply #2338 on: July 19, 2016, 09:43:04 PM »
Hi,

Charles. Built my cnc machine this year and never had experience with anything cnc or similar. Using Cambam, Have Mach3(Working on the usb setup in Windows 10) Making some signs etcetera for now while i learn. I worked Private Security and Retail Management most of my life. Graduated High School my second year through the United States Marine Corps.  OORAH.
« Reply #2339 on: July 26, 2016, 03:25:03 PM »
Hi I am a retired 67 year old and enjoy working with my hands, I carve stick heads and knock up simple projects like bird and bug boxes amongst other things. I have also been riding motorcycles since I was 16, I have been into BSA;s but have owned many different british bikes over the years, at present I have 3 BSA;s a 2003 Triumph T100 as well as a 125 chinese vespa LX lookalike. I have just purchased a 6040 CNC 4 axis milling machine hopefully to run on Mach 3. at present the Y and the z axis go in the wrong direction and the spindle motor will not run on the test on the setup instructions. I am going to have another go later but any help would be appreciated. I live near Malmesbury in Wiltshire UK and it would be great if anyone living nearby with Mach 3 experience could help me as I am not brilliant understanding computor set up instructions but I am ok once shown
« Last Edit: July 26, 2016, 03:28:04 PM by Richard.Reade »