Author Topic: New people welcome !! Come in here and introduce your self!  (Read 3292938 times)

Offline kbenz

• Holding
    • View Profile
    • website
Re: New people welcome !! Come in here and introduce your self!
« Reply #1740 on: May 16, 2013, 08:50:36 PM »
My names Karl. Live in Kannapolis,NC. had a torchmate1 table for over 10 years. just converted my table over to CandCNC.

Been in the fabrication buss for 25+ years. Recently lost my job of 15years. decided to try it on my own. Hope it's not a mistake :-\

Offline henry kleyn

• View Profile
« Reply #1741 on: May 18, 2013, 06:57:57 AM »
 8)Hi my name is Henry I live in Auckland New Zealand.I've been working with Alphacam cad/cam and scm prisma 5 axis router for the last 5 years and a 3 axis 5 years before that.I bought an old Morbidelli 502 router for my own home use. The controller died soon after I found out how to get code onto it via floppy discs(what a mission).I discovered Mach3 after searching the net for a solution. So far I've been pleased with the choices and support. Live and Prosper

Offline lan7755

• Holding
    • View Profile
« Reply #1742 on: May 28, 2013, 01:22:10 AM »
Hi there I am New I have a Zen Toolworks

http://www.zentoolworks.com/product_info.php?cPath=14&products_id=190

I built it from a box of parts
I was in and out of Hospitals and rehab starting in Sept 4 2012 for Quadruple Heart Bypass I finely came home in Feb 5th 2013
wile in rehab I ordered it and when I came home I started out in wheel chair then to a walker started back driving in April 2013
I hane it all assembled & hooked up to a PC computer and I would like to do Knife Scales the wood grips on a knife

I live in Janesville WI 53546 USA 1-608-752-3690 lan7755@gmail.com

so any help to get started would be great

thanks Larry

Offline jaihari93

• View Profile
« Reply #1743 on: May 28, 2013, 04:35:42 AM »
Hi. My name is Harish. I am an engineering student . I am completely new to CNC machines.
I have just started working with one .  :) 

Offline lambsign

• View Profile
« Reply #1744 on: May 30, 2013, 11:04:47 AM »
My name is Elizabeth.  My husband and I have a sign company and are looking forward to adding metal signs to the types of signs we make with our new CNC machine.  Quite a steep learning curve for us.  I'm looking forward to being able to pick everyone's brains!

Offline Tweakie.CNC

• Global Moderator
  • Super Kitty
    • View Profile
    • Tweakie.CNC
« Reply #1745 on: May 30, 2013, 11:52:57 AM »
Hi Guys,

Welcome to the forum.

Tweakie.
Success consists of going from failure to failure without loss of enthusiasm.  Winston Churchill.

Offline Laughing Coyote

• View Profile
« Reply #1746 on: May 30, 2013, 10:52:55 PM »
Hi All,
My name is Martin and I live in Vail Arizona. I'm sort of newbe to the CNC machining world but I use a CNC plasma machine all the time in my metal fabrication business. I also work for the Military as a Machinist / Welder. I have just purchased a Taig CNC mini Mill about 4 months ago and I'm having an issue with the Z axis.  I will open a new thread and see if you fine folks can help me out. Thanks.
 ;D

Offline nobby

• View Profile
« Reply #1747 on: June 04, 2013, 06:34:10 PM »
hello,
steve - west london - England
want to purchase a 3040 a3 sized platen, unsure of what I really want.
signage background.
want to have a play with 3/4 to 1'' rigid pvc - loose lettering
then figure out how to mill incised lettering at say a4 size in a block, screwing them to a back-board individually, gilding them -  then overlaying a clear acrylic sheet, that has been floated in black, but has the lettering cut out from it - in reverse -
« Last Edit: June 04, 2013, 06:35:52 PM by nobby »

Offline RWF

• Holding
    • View Profile
« Reply #1748 on: June 05, 2013, 05:39:55 PM »
My name is Paul Robinson. I own a small woodworking shop in northwestern Minnesota, Robinson Wood Furnishings. I just bought a new CNC to help me along and also give me capabilities that the "other guys" in the area don't currently have. I am new and lost. :D. I am on the very beginning of a long and hopefully successful journey. I got started by doing some odd projects for myself then explored a little more and so on. I was hired on at a local woodshop that wholesaled mantels to a local gas fireplace manufacturer. The guys I was working for wanted to get out of the business so I took it over in 2008. Within a year after taking the business over the company I was wholesaling to, quit producing fireplaces. It was either learn more, or quit. I went to the school of hard knocks and been going strong ever since. I work by myself, and have a buddy help me on installs when I need. So that's about it. Going on to the next adventure in building with CNC technology. That's about it. 

Offline Fountaine

• View Profile
    • RobertFountaine.com
« Reply #1749 on: June 05, 2013, 08:03:50 PM »
Hey Paul......I have been around for about a year and have learning more than I knew I would need to learn.

The learning curve is steep but you can make it. 

I use a router and a plasma cutter on my machine I do several designs on rustic tables. 

Good luck......Let me know if you ever need my 2 cents worth.
Only one way to Get-er-Done......Do-er-Right!