Hello Guest it is March 19, 2024, 04:50:16 AM

Author Topic: New people welcome !! Come in here and introduce your self!  (Read 4511541 times)

Re: New people welcome !! Come in here and introduce your self!
« Reply #1410 on: March 06, 2012, 05:46:56 AM »
   ;D
Hi Wolfgang welcome aboard thank you for introducing yourself an sharing your dreams with us it is always good to hear from people that set goals,and there is many members that would love to be of assistance
unfortunately this is purely an introduction thread and any technical questions should be addressed to the General Mach Discussion. which is accessible from this page just brows the threads to find which ones suits your needs.
I'm sure that you will be made feel welcome,

Dick  ;)

« Reply #1411 on: March 08, 2012, 11:38:17 PM »
I have been programming using UG and Post processing with ICAM and UG Postbuilder for over 15 years. I have been working in machining environments for over 35 years.
Earlier in my career I was an apprenticed journeyman machine repair. Later, I served an 8 year employee in training (EIT) program to become an experimental machinist which resulted in journeyman toolmaker status.

None of that is really all that important... Just a brief intro to my background as a prelude to what I feel is an important question.

I have been aware of the Mach 3 software and have been considering building a full metal working multi-axis machine. One of the features I am used to and use extensively is the Fanuc or Mazak "Fanuc clone" ability to use G65, nesting of Variables, and writing custom Macros for a multitude of Valuable functions.

That set of capabilities has the potential to make everything I plan to make much safer and more productive. There are a multitude of things my coworkers and I have done to prevent mishaps and check for common mistakes. As a result, we have completely eliminated a large percentage of wrecks and scrap parts over the last several years just by applying logic to the contents of Macro Variable locations...

Any plans or progress on adding these capabilities?

I could go on and on but what I am waiting for is that capability in the Mach Controller. When you are able to apply the ability to read and pass data to and from all Variables tied to tool and fixture offsets and many machine functions... Then I think I will take my desire to build a machine to the next level.
« Reply #1412 on: March 09, 2012, 01:50:35 AM »
   ;D
Hi RDCline Welcome aboard thank you for dropping by and introducing yourself,you certainly have a wealth of knowledge to fall back on, we all must have dreams , desires and goals, your achievement is a direct result of the action you take or don't take,to fulfil your goals.
Unfortunately this is purely an introduction site and all questions should be addressed to the GENERAL MACH DISCUSSION AREA accessible from this page just brows the threads to find the one most suitable for your needs all threads have many knowledgeable people, that I'm sure will be able to help you

Dick  ;)

« Reply #1413 on: March 09, 2012, 06:22:42 PM »
Hi, am new to Mach 3, but been playing with various cartesian robots over the years, largely due to need to repair them in my lab!  have just begun "repurposing" and old Packard microarraying robot, which has  high precision x,y,z  axes,  and a ~750mm x 450mm working area, to use as a cutter/laser table.
Rather than rip out all the old system, and embedded Pc, I'm spending my time tracking down all the interface connections- I only need a bare minimum of course, but it's so well built that it runs the axes perfectly well with Mach 3,  soI don't want to have to rewire everything from scratch, all the limits and home switches and E-stop  are already working fine with Mach 3 and the galil plugin.  the reason I want to convert it is it is  truly top quality design- uses closed loop LINEAR servo motors for the x and y axes, through  a galil  DMC 1832 PCI controller card and a set of APIMotion servo drives, the x and y axis renshaw encoders are 1 micrometer precision (it's original purpose needed this accuracy), and its performing very well. Problem is some of the IO is through an Advantech PCI 1751S  DA&C I/O card, it's got 48 channels available so my next task is to find out if I can use this card with Mach 3 as an I/O interface.  if anyone knows if some of it's channels can be accessed by Mach3, I'd like to hear.
« Reply #1414 on: March 09, 2012, 07:09:08 PM »
   ;D
Hi Nottscientist welcome aboard thank you for dropping by and Introducing yourself you certainly have a nice toy to play with,should keep you amused for hours.
Unfortunately this is purely a introduction site,all questions should be addressed to the GENERAL MACH DISCUSSION threads which can be accessed from this page,just brows the threads and choose as many as is needed to achieve your goal, Good luck with this project.

Dick  ;)

« Reply #1415 on: March 13, 2012, 02:23:39 PM »
hola mi name is gerardo from mexico city the only place on earth where you can see the air you brethe
« Reply #1416 on: March 13, 2012, 03:02:17 PM »
  ;D
Hi Gerardo welcome aboard,thanks for the warning about the air in Mexico city,I live in Sydney Australia, we don't have to much problem with the air,just the deadly spiders, venomous snakes, man eating sharks and stinging jellyfish but a great place to live

Dick  ;)  
« Reply #1417 on: March 13, 2012, 04:57:47 PM »
hi everyone,

new member here,
didnt know about this forum,
i always been lurkin around the yahoo forum
since the master5-days, guess i must be among the first 50-100 users...

anyway,
ive been designing machinery for the stone industry several years and i think mach3 has evolved into a great controler.

programmimg and vb isnt my cup of tea but i have decided to try dig into it so i can start making my own wizards,

heres some stuff i made over the years;
http://vmuab.se/jensportfolio.html

js
« Reply #1418 on: March 14, 2012, 05:32:09 PM »
   ;D
Hi js welcome aboard lets see what we can do to help you, as I'm sure that with your past experiences you will be able to help others these forums are and opportunity to share knowledge,
unfortunately this is purely a introduction thread any questions should be addressed to the GENERAL MACH DISCUSSION AREA which is accessible from this page just brows the threads and find a thread that suites or perhaps start a new one
all the best with your goals.

Dick  ;)      
« Reply #1419 on: March 16, 2012, 02:45:22 PM »
Good morning to y'all. My name is True (long story). I live in central Minnesota a place I call God's country. I am by trade a Silver & Goldsmith & Machinist.
My hobbies are blacksmithing, making knifes, lapidary, fishing & hunting, and making my own charcoal for smoking.

To make a long story short. I have not worked for a pay check for 3 yeas now. That being said I have been doing some work in my shop.Tooling is not in short supply ;D I do have a Sherline CNC mill from Microkinetics. A few years back the Aptest board went out  >:( . So that left me with just the Mightydrive. So! I have been trying to get it up and running now for a few weeks to no avail. So I guess I should just go whit some thing that is proven! That is the Big Question. Which one dose a guy buy? Guess I am looking at the Gecko drive G540-digital-4 @ $300 vs $700+ from Microkinetics.

This is going to be a fun time. I can just see it now. You can bet you will see me asking for a lot of HELP.

True