Hello Guest it is March 19, 2024, 02:08:49 AM

Author Topic: New people welcome !! Come in here and introduce your self!  (Read 4511453 times)

Re: New people welcome !! Come in here and introduce your self!
« Reply #770 on: March 06, 2010, 11:00:22 PM »
Hi all. My name is Charles. I just registered here. I found you at CNCZONE. I have operated, maintained, and done some programming on CNC machines for a major aviation manufacturer for 27 years. I personally have a Bridgeport (old Boss 6) with Hillbilly's BOB and Mach 3. I am still new to Mach 3 and am trying to figure out LazyCam. I look forward to learning from you guys.

Charles
« Reply #771 on: March 07, 2010, 01:12:01 PM »
Hi my name is Ken Ferrell, I've been using Mach since 2005 on a Taig Mill, and still happy with it. I joined WAY back but had a different email address so I just re registered .
Not sure why after all this time, but finally started having issues so I figured this is the place to come to.
« Reply #772 on: March 07, 2010, 08:45:35 PM »
Hi all,
   Thanks for the welcome to the site. My name is eric Williamson. I live in Proctorville
Ohio. I work as generator technician for the local caterpillar dealer.  I’ve been toying around
with hobby machining for about 2 years now.  I’ve looked around for the site for some time
now.  I finally decided on mach after I purchased The mach kit from ajaxcnc . I am in the process
 of  Converting my supermax  ycm 16vs mill. This conversion has been a real learning experience.
I would like to thank everyone for all the information they have shared on the forms. These forms
Have helped me immensely.
« Reply #773 on: March 10, 2010, 07:54:39 AM »
Hi, Mark here.
Hobby machinist running a CNC Sherline mill and manual (so far) lathe.

CNC setup is Gecko 540 with 4 axis, Mach3, and CamBam.  I'm in this strictly as a hobby and enjoy making unique and hopefully sometime asthetically appealing pieces.

A couple of questions;

First I can't seem to post.  Probably missing something basic but can't find the post button anywhere so I'm left replying here with my second question....

I saw a video some time ago where a guy was running Mach3 and it was sensing the edges and height of his piece.  I'm pretty sure it was using an electric continuity test as he put an alligator clip on the piece.  I'm really only interested in using this to set the z height when changing tools.  Do you know of a link to a discussion of this and can I assume the software/plugin automatically adjusts the z height home or commands to compensate for the different cutter lengths?

Thanks,

Mark

Offline robh

•  10 10
    • View Profile
« Reply #774 on: March 12, 2010, 05:48:01 PM »
Greetings to all out there,
My name is Rob and I live in Ontario Canada. I have been using cnc for a while, struggled with EMC for a short time, great program but I didn't like Linux. My interest is large scale Locos (7.25").
Have used Laser cutting service (to my drawings/dxf files) and found it a great time saver.
Feedback from this forum seems excellent especially to a neophite like me!.
Mach 3 is very easy to learn, so far anyway, the tutorial videos are excellent.
« Reply #775 on: March 13, 2010, 12:23:19 PM »
Hello,

My name is Jose and I am electronics engineer. Some time ago (actually over 2 years now) I decided to build my cnc router and work with Mach, actually I have used the demo version but only to move my motors. Anyway, like more than a few people it took me more time than I wanted since work and family take most of my time, but finally or almost finally I have all the parts made (I made my own design), all the motors and electronics I need and I am confident that in a matter of weeks I will have it up and running. The only thing left is to buy the Mach license but that is the easy part, probably I will have some trouble setting up and tuning the motors but that is why we all are here for, Right?

Thanks for reading this and I'll ask for help soon!

Jose

Offline jol

•  3 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #776 on: March 15, 2010, 02:18:14 PM »
Hi, my name is Ray,Im a toolmaker approaching retirement,so will have plenty of time to get aquainted with Mach3. I live near Norwich, England and am currently running a business in precision engineering mainly designing and manfacturing special tools and fixtures for local plastics industry.
I would like to take this opportunity to say a big thank you to all those involved with the developement of this excellent software.
Many thanks,
Ray.

Offline Tweakie.CNC

•  9,194 9,194
  • Super Kitty
    • View Profile
« Reply #777 on: March 15, 2010, 03:36:00 PM »
Hi Ray,

Welcome to the forum, nice to have another in the UK. If you have any problems just ask away, there are a lot of knowledgeable guys here.

Tweakie.
PEACE

Offline jol

•  3 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #778 on: March 16, 2010, 05:18:03 AM »
HI Tweakie,
thanks for the welcome,
Ray
« Reply #779 on: March 19, 2010, 12:00:52 PM »
Hi all,

Another one from the UK. This came home a couple of weeks ago;

And I'm in the process of cleaning it up ready to have a rewire.

I've got Dugong servo drives and smoothstepper on order for the upgrade.

Paul
Luton UK
www.morini-mania.co.uk