Hello Guest it is March 19, 2024, 04:48:07 AM

Author Topic: New people welcome !! Come in here and introduce your self!  (Read 4511539 times)

Re: New people welcome !! Come in here and introduce your self!
« Reply #2060 on: April 01, 2015, 11:22:41 AM »
Hello,

As you can see, my name is Mark. I'm new to CNC and am a home hobbyist. I'm just setting up a homemade CNC router, just got the license to Mach 3 last night, and I'm eager to start my first project or two. First will be leveling a spoil board, which I will be doing later today. After that, the list of projects I want to do is long and growing.

I've been a hobby woodworker for close to 40 years. I've worked as a cabinet maker, trim carpenter, and in and around construction in general off and on since I was 18, but got into making things with wood long before that. I'm currently a real estate broker, but continue to pursue my woodworking hobby. I recently started building guitars with my grandsons, and the CNC router is going to open up a whole new world to us in our lutherie.

Thanks for letting me ramble, and I look forward to bumping into you around the forum.

Mark

Offline Tweakie.CNC

•  9,195 9,195
  • Super Kitty
    • View Profile
« Reply #2061 on: April 01, 2015, 12:27:56 PM »
Hi Mark,

Welcome to the forum.
As a luther, this should make you smile http://www.machsupport.com/forum/index.php/topic,28721.0.html

Tweakie.
PEACE
« Reply #2062 on: April 01, 2015, 02:44:33 PM »
Wow! Holy cow! You, sir, are way, way over the top! Thanks for the link!
« Reply #2063 on: April 02, 2015, 09:55:10 AM »
Hi
 My name is Mark. I am new to this world but am loving it. As of now we have one 14 X 40 CNC Lathe and a 12 x 36 Lathe. I am looking forward to turning my Mill into a CNC machine. I live to learn new things. I own a Auto Mechanics shop and Fireworks business .I have a pretty complete wood working shop as well as meat processing metal fabrication and electronics stations. I have developed my own programmable shooting boards for shooting Fireworks. I fly Ultralights. We live in TN on 107 Acres of land. GOD and life is good!!!!!!!!!!!

Mark
« Reply #2064 on: April 04, 2015, 12:35:05 AM »
Hi all.  Well, I'm not exactly "new" per-se as I've been registered on these forums as long as I've been a registered user of Mach3... since 2006.  The problem is that the last time I actually had my Kleinbauer 7th Sojourn up and running was 2008 so I just as well be considered a newbie again.

My new interest was kindled by the 3D printers on the market today.  I'm aware that I can buy or build extruder heads and I figured that I already have the basic platform of a 3D printer, I just need to pop some new parts onto the 7th Sojourn base and reconfigure Mach3.  The problem is that I'm not 100% sure that Mach3 can support that tech or that your average 2.5D router bed can support it either. 

So, I'm here doing research and would appreciate any fast-tracking to the appropriate info to give me a head-start or head me off if I'm on a wild goose chase.

My machine is driven from an XP via parallel to a HobbyCNC controller board driving steppers with Mach3.  The bed is 9" x 14" with a 3" Z range.  Thanks!

« Reply #2065 on: April 04, 2015, 04:36:53 PM »
Scott here.   30 months into the world of CNC.   Bought a small shark to use in my Gallery / wood carving shop to start.  Just added at CNCrouterparts 4896 pro series with Mach 3 controls...    This is a real step up , as the Shark controls are not generic... Easy to use but don't have the features the Mach does.    Doubt I will ever use all the features of Mach3.     Here is a quick newbie question for you Mach Wizaeds.     I'm current running a rough out tool path with 34589 lines,  35 minutes in at. Line 12322, the router bit comes loose.     In stopped it, refund Zero Z and started all over from path 1.    Is there a way to tell Mach to start from say Tool path 12000?    Thanks scott art
« Reply #2066 on: April 04, 2015, 11:01:20 PM »
Hello all, I have looked at forums before but this is the first time I have become a member and posted.
My name Is Dave and I live in Columbus, Ohio. I have built my CNC router it is mechanically completed. I started with smaller stepper motors (175 oz-in) and replaced them with (425 oz-in) stepper motors.
But is seems I made a big mistake.
I used the cheap, junk TB6560 3 axis for the driver. Can some one recommend a drive for this machine 24” X 36”?
I am considering the G540 4-Axis Digital Step Drive.
« Reply #2067 on: April 05, 2015, 06:49:49 PM »
Too late I purchased the Gecko G540 this morning.

Offline Tweakie.CNC

•  9,195 9,195
  • Super Kitty
    • View Profile
« Reply #2068 on: April 06, 2015, 01:35:29 AM »
Too late I purchased the Gecko G540 this morning.

;D

You will not regret buying the G540.

Tweakie.
PEACE
« Reply #2069 on: April 07, 2015, 05:25:20 PM »
Hey all . Thanks for the extended education I have been getting reading the in's and out's of it all . So far no problems with Mach 3 in an older Dell with XP , keeping it a totally dedicated machine . ( no internet , music , videos or solitaire while the program does what it was intended to do )  Deleted a lot of the unnecessary programs and files not associated . Have a second comp for the graphics and such . Fingers crossed it doesn't have a melt down . I'll do my best to be able to contribute , yet the rookie is still learning .

My use of the program is going with this machine , so here is the link    http://www.cnczone.com/forums/uncategorised-woodworking-machines/263942-arrived-gerber-dimension-200-e-times-2-a.html

Thanks again .

Kru82 ( JP )