Hello Guest it is December 12, 2019, 11:53:39 PM

Author Topic: New people welcome !! Come in here and introduce your self!  (Read 3497993 times)

Re: New people welcome !! Come in here and introduce your self!
« Reply #2060 on: March 24, 2015, 06:58:22 PM »
Hello,
My name is Andy, pretty new to CNC and GCode but working at it.  Have a Sherline 5410 3 axis CNC mill that I am learning with and 2 non CNC manual lathes.
I bulit the 3 axis controller, for my mill, out of bits and it works well.   I have Vcarve and getting to grips with that software slowly.
I also design and manufacture electronic projects (small) and manufacture my own pcb's.
Background of RC aircraft and now licensed drone payload operator alongside a drone pilot pal of mine. 
Happy to chat with like minded people
« Reply #2061 on: March 27, 2015, 08:57:00 PM »
It's Al here at a high school in eastern Ontario Canada.  A newbie to CNC with a recently refurb'd 36" gantry router, two Sherline mills and a lathe running
Mach III.  As a sideline, I manufacturer a line of consumer electronic products using onshore talent and offshore production.  Gadgets for family fun.

I am hoping to get a grasp of the basics of MachIII, LazyCAM and some student-friendly modelling program (tbd) so my students will be able to do a few  simple projects that they can be proud of.   However . . .

As an analog guy from the old days, I fear the vagaries of software control and operating systems (and their endless updates) might make this impossible.

With help from the friendly folks here I am hoping the learning curve will flatten quickly and chips will fly soon.

All good things,

Al

« Reply #2062 on: March 29, 2015, 02:47:03 PM »
Hello everyone,
I am new to the forum and trying to see if MACH3 can be used to run my vision 2424 engraver/router.  The Signlab Software that came with it is not very useful.  My plan is to be as creative as possible making signs from wood, foam, aluminum and plastics.  I'm in Fairfax, VA if anyone else wants to work and play together!
Tom
« Reply #2063 on: April 01, 2015, 11:22:41 AM »
Hello,

As you can see, my name is Mark. I'm new to CNC and am a home hobbyist. I'm just setting up a homemade CNC router, just got the license to Mach 3 last night, and I'm eager to start my first project or two. First will be leveling a spoil board, which I will be doing later today. After that, the list of projects I want to do is long and growing.

I've been a hobby woodworker for close to 40 years. I've worked as a cabinet maker, trim carpenter, and in and around construction in general off and on since I was 18, but got into making things with wood long before that. I'm currently a real estate broker, but continue to pursue my woodworking hobby. I recently started building guitars with my grandsons, and the CNC router is going to open up a whole new world to us in our lutherie.

Thanks for letting me ramble, and I look forward to bumping into you around the forum.

Mark

Offline Tweakie.CNC

•  8,021 8,021
  • Super Kitty
    • View Profile
    • Tweakie.CNC
« Reply #2064 on: April 01, 2015, 12:27:56 PM »
Hi Mark,

Welcome to the forum.
As a luther, this should make you smile http://www.machsupport.com/forum/index.php/topic,28721.0.html

Tweakie.
Success consists of going from failure to failure without loss of enthusiasm.  Winston Churchill.
« Reply #2065 on: April 01, 2015, 02:44:33 PM »
Wow! Holy cow! You, sir, are way, way over the top! Thanks for the link!
« Reply #2066 on: April 02, 2015, 09:55:10 AM »
Hi
 My name is Mark. I am new to this world but am loving it. As of now we have one 14 X 40 CNC Lathe and a 12 x 36 Lathe. I am looking forward to turning my Mill into a CNC machine. I live to learn new things. I own a Auto Mechanics shop and Fireworks business .I have a pretty complete wood working shop as well as meat processing metal fabrication and electronics stations. I have developed my own programmable shooting boards for shooting Fireworks. I fly Ultralights. We live in TN on 107 Acres of land. GOD and life is good!!!!!!!!!!!

Mark
« Reply #2067 on: April 04, 2015, 12:35:05 AM »
Hi all.  Well, I'm not exactly "new" per-se as I've been registered on these forums as long as I've been a registered user of Mach3... since 2006.  The problem is that the last time I actually had my Kleinbauer 7th Sojourn up and running was 2008 so I just as well be considered a newbie again.

My new interest was kindled by the 3D printers on the market today.  I'm aware that I can buy or build extruder heads and I figured that I already have the basic platform of a 3D printer, I just need to pop some new parts onto the 7th Sojourn base and reconfigure Mach3.  The problem is that I'm not 100% sure that Mach3 can support that tech or that your average 2.5D router bed can support it either. 

So, I'm here doing research and would appreciate any fast-tracking to the appropriate info to give me a head-start or head me off if I'm on a wild goose chase.

My machine is driven from an XP via parallel to a HobbyCNC controller board driving steppers with Mach3.  The bed is 9" x 14" with a 3" Z range.  Thanks!

« Reply #2068 on: April 04, 2015, 04:36:53 PM »
Scott here.   30 months into the world of CNC.   Bought a small shark to use in my Gallery / wood carving shop to start.  Just added at CNCrouterparts 4896 pro series with Mach 3 controls...    This is a real step up , as the Shark controls are not generic... Easy to use but don't have the features the Mach does.    Doubt I will ever use all the features of Mach3.     Here is a quick newbie question for you Mach Wizaeds.     I'm current running a rough out tool path with 34589 lines,  35 minutes in at. Line 12322, the router bit comes loose.     In stopped it, refund Zero Z and started all over from path 1.    Is there a way to tell Mach to start from say Tool path 12000?    Thanks scott art
« Reply #2069 on: April 04, 2015, 11:01:20 PM »
Hello all, I have looked at forums before but this is the first time I have become a member and posted.
My name Is Dave and I live in Columbus, Ohio. I have built my CNC router it is mechanically completed. I started with smaller stepper motors (175 oz-in) and replaced them with (425 oz-in) stepper motors.
But is seems I made a big mistake.
I used the cheap, junk TB6560 3 axis for the driver. Can some one recommend a drive for this machine 24” X 36”?
I am considering the G540 4-Axis Digital Step Drive.