Hello Guest it is March 19, 2024, 06:55:54 AM

Author Topic: New people welcome !! Come in here and introduce your self!  (Read 4511611 times)

Re: New people welcome !! Come in here and introduce your self!
« Reply #1910 on: May 20, 2014, 12:17:18 AM »
Hi my name is Bob. I am new. I have a problem with my Sanven 4axis 6040 desktop cnc. When I try to move (jog) my motors the DRO's move but motors don't . Can somebody please provide some direction?  If I had any hair I would have pulled out by now
Thanks

Offline Tweakie.CNC

•  9,195 9,195
  • Super Kitty
    • View Profile
« Reply #1911 on: May 20, 2014, 03:05:24 AM »
Hi Bob,

Welcome to the forum.

If you post your question, giving as much details about your machine / setup as possible, as a new topic in the general Mach discussion section I am sure someone will be able to help.

Tweakie.
PEACE
« Reply #1912 on: May 20, 2014, 09:54:21 PM »
Hi
Am trying to set up my CNC router but having no luck to get the machine going.
« Reply #1913 on: May 20, 2014, 10:14:50 PM »
Hello Huck, welcome to the group!
It's gonna take a bit more than "luck".
I'll assume you went through the manual and the installation instructions step by step, so which particular aspect are you having issues with ?

Now that you have made your intro, please post specifics in the General Mach Discussion section.

Again, welcome aboard !

Regards,
Russ
« Reply #1914 on: May 21, 2014, 06:43:11 AM »
Hi all, I found the forum after my lovely but crazy gf bought a little 5 axis table top mill from......yes.....China ;D not one to argue I am now tasked with linking this mill up to Mach3 and then machining whatever crazy ideas she may have next ;D

I don't think there is a mach3 licence with the mc, so that will need to be resolved, a desk top pc is on its way at some point this week, think the gf got windows 7 on it? not sure, but all will come out in the wash.

I'm a retired cnc miller turner grinder, Aerospace, F1, MOD, all the normal suspects in UK subcontract machining, so more used to a 5 axis twin pallet Mazak with at least 40 tools than a small big boys toy, but it does look fun :)

Anyway, I'm sure I'll have a bunch of questions coming up so thought I'd say hello first :)

Regards, Phil.

Offline Tweakie.CNC

•  9,195 9,195
  • Super Kitty
    • View Profile
« Reply #1915 on: May 21, 2014, 08:40:10 AM »
Hi Phil,

Welcome to the forum.

Tweakie.
PEACE
« Reply #1916 on: May 21, 2014, 01:25:42 PM »
Hi all, I'm Radu and i'm researching building a 4' x 8' cnc router for a woodshop.

I was wondering if Mach3 has the capability to drive 2 stepper motors per side of X axis ( 2 pinions per rack for reduced backlash, electrically preloaded ).

That would be 4 motors for the X axis.

Motor A would drive in one direction while motor B would have less torque (dragging) to keep the pinion engaged.

When switching direction, the motors would switch  also to B driving and A preloading.

Should i start a thread for this?

Thanks,
Radu
« Reply #1917 on: May 21, 2014, 07:05:18 PM »
Hi all you gurus,
Name is Frank and I live in Australia.
I am an absolute newbee to CNC routing. Just bought myself one of those Chinese (2nd. hand) 3020T machines and I am in the process of setting it all up. Only intend to use this for making PCB's.
I would imagine that I am going to ask a few questions, that I cannot find in previous posts, so please bear with me. Anyhow, I'll be around and looking for guidance.
I suppose that I need to buy the Mach3 program as I think that he Mach3 supplied with the machine tells me it's for demo purposes only. Can I have some advise on that, please.
Best wishes to all
Frank (not really cranky (yet)).

Offline Tweakie.CNC

•  9,195 9,195
  • Super Kitty
    • View Profile
« Reply #1918 on: May 22, 2014, 12:59:39 AM »
Hi Radu,

Welcome to the forum.

Yes please start a new thread (new topic in the General section) this is a most interesting idea and I think may be a quite a challenge to resolve.

Tweakie.
PEACE
« Reply #1919 on: May 22, 2014, 09:05:51 AM »
Thanks for the welcome Tweakie!

I will start a thread on this subject, hopefully it can be done.