Hello Guest it is August 20, 2019, 01:10:54 PM

Author Topic: New people welcome !! Come in here and introduce your self!  (Read 3394139 times)

Re: New people welcome !! Come in here and introduce your self!
« Reply #1910 on: May 09, 2014, 04:56:02 PM »
hello everyone . my name is frank. My school has a 5 axis cnc mini mill with mach 3 software and with no home switches. I'm trying to learn how to operate that cnc mill,that no one in our department knows how to use. I am having a hard time learning how to use mach 3.

« Reply #1911 on: May 13, 2014, 12:26:38 AM »
Hi All I arrived here while trying to get more info around converting my emco 5pc to wrok with Mach. I'm trying to rewire it and am a little confused with it all and so may well be in the wrong place. pleas e forgive me if this is so. But I'm hoping someone here has done the conversion to run mach.
i have made my own cnc router and are now on to my second build.

thanks
Brent

Offline Tweakie.CNC

•  7,884 7,884
  • Super Kitty
    • View Profile
    • Tweakie.CNC
« Reply #1912 on: May 13, 2014, 01:51:34 AM »
Hi Brent,

Welcome to the forum.

There are a number of posts relating to the Emco 5pc - perhaps these will be of interest to you - just add emco 5pc in the search box  http://www.machsupport.com/forum/index.php?action=search2

If you have any specific questions please post them as a new topic in the General Mach Discussion section where they will receive the best coverage.

Tweakie.
Success consists of going from failure to failure without loss of enthusiasm.  Winston Churchill.
« Reply #1913 on: May 20, 2014, 12:17:18 AM »
Hi my name is Bob. I am new. I have a problem with my Sanven 4axis 6040 desktop cnc. When I try to move (jog) my motors the DRO's move but motors don't . Can somebody please provide some direction?  If I had any hair I would have pulled out by now
Thanks

Offline Tweakie.CNC

•  7,884 7,884
  • Super Kitty
    • View Profile
    • Tweakie.CNC
« Reply #1914 on: May 20, 2014, 03:05:24 AM »
Hi Bob,

Welcome to the forum.

If you post your question, giving as much details about your machine / setup as possible, as a new topic in the general Mach discussion section I am sure someone will be able to help.

Tweakie.
Success consists of going from failure to failure without loss of enthusiasm.  Winston Churchill.
« Reply #1915 on: May 20, 2014, 09:54:21 PM »
Hi
Am trying to set up my CNC router but having no luck to get the machine going.
« Reply #1916 on: May 20, 2014, 10:14:50 PM »
Hello Huck, welcome to the group!
It's gonna take a bit more than "luck".
I'll assume you went through the manual and the installation instructions step by step, so which particular aspect are you having issues with ?

Now that you have made your intro, please post specifics in the General Mach Discussion section.

Again, welcome aboard !

Regards,
Russ
« Reply #1917 on: May 21, 2014, 06:43:11 AM »
Hi all, I found the forum after my lovely but crazy gf bought a little 5 axis table top mill from......yes.....China ;D not one to argue I am now tasked with linking this mill up to Mach3 and then machining whatever crazy ideas she may have next ;D

I don't think there is a mach3 licence with the mc, so that will need to be resolved, a desk top pc is on its way at some point this week, think the gf got windows 7 on it? not sure, but all will come out in the wash.

I'm a retired cnc miller turner grinder, Aerospace, F1, MOD, all the normal suspects in UK subcontract machining, so more used to a 5 axis twin pallet Mazak with at least 40 tools than a small big boys toy, but it does look fun :)

Anyway, I'm sure I'll have a bunch of questions coming up so thought I'd say hello first :)

Regards, Phil.

Offline Tweakie.CNC

•  7,884 7,884
  • Super Kitty
    • View Profile
    • Tweakie.CNC
« Reply #1918 on: May 21, 2014, 08:40:10 AM »
Hi Phil,

Welcome to the forum.

Tweakie.
« Reply #1919 on: May 21, 2014, 01:25:42 PM »
Hi all, I'm Radu and i'm researching building a 4' x 8' cnc router for a woodshop.

I was wondering if Mach3 has the capability to drive 2 stepper motors per side of X axis ( 2 pinions per rack for reduced backlash, electrically preloaded ).

That would be 4 motors for the X axis.

Motor A would drive in one direction while motor B would have less torque (dragging) to keep the pinion engaged.

When switching direction, the motors would switch  also to B driving and A preloading.

Should i start a thread for this?

Thanks,
Radu