Hello Guest it is March 19, 2024, 01:03:59 AM

Author Topic: New people welcome !! Come in here and introduce your self!  (Read 4511413 times)

Re: New people welcome !! Come in here and introduce your self!
« Reply #1940 on: July 31, 2014, 01:47:52 PM »
Hello,
My name is Dieter, I'm located in Torrance, California. For all the years that I had been attending school. I've been involved in the art of ceramics to modeling, and to the art of foundry. I've been in the Aerospace field for numerous years as an Mechanical Engineer/Tool Builder. Working for various companies such as Northrup, Lockheed, Rockwell International and McDonnell Douglas. And, other smaller companies working in the field of Mould Making.

I've been operating my own business for over 20 years. And, just recently had built my own 5 Axis milling machine. I'll be moving my company to a much larger facility very soon, as to accommodate the growth of my business.
To which, I have a few art design that I'll be bringing to market. And, as being new to this field of CNC machining. I'll be needing a lot of help!

The closest to operating any machine would be NC... I've been strictly a hands on person when operating machines, and when I listen to some of these tutorials, they sounds like "blah, blah, blah." Unfortunately, this is my learning disorder, because I've been always instructed to do things hands on, and step by step.

As a hobbiest, building small rockets, scuba diving, bier making, and riding horses have been a joy.

I remain hopeful that I'll be getting the necessary support I need in understanding, and being able to learn CNC programming. Thanks for having me on board!
« Reply #1941 on: August 04, 2014, 04:14:31 PM »
Hello, I am new to CNC but not to Mach 3. I have been playing with the demo version and the licensed version for a couple of years. Now that I have converted my mill(G0720/Sieg SX4) to CNC I finally see what the hubbub is all about.

This will be a hobby to support some other ideas I have for my other pursuits; aviation and deep sea diving.
« Reply #1942 on: August 05, 2014, 07:42:54 PM »
Hi all. My hobby is woodworking and I have an engineering background. I built my wood-shop after retiring and decided to build a CNC. Now I'm learning to set it up and program it. So much to learn.
My system is made of MDF and angle Al. I used stepper motors and a Probotix controller run by a Win XP.
Bill
« Reply #1943 on: August 06, 2014, 12:36:02 PM »
 Hi everybody!!
My name is Tassos Bizakis and i live in Greece.
I have been technical minded all my life (am around 54 right now) and had my first cnc lathe back in 1993.That was a toy (emco cnc lathe for jewelers) and mainly bouht it to be able to repair RC helicopter models that i was having as a hobby back then.
That was followed by another a bit bigger non cnc one and the i ordered two wabeco machines ,one lathe cc6000 and one milling machine f1210 high speed both cnc with nema 34 steppers both of which i have until now.My workshop has been growing quite all those years and i have a lot of other tools(electris band-saw,hydraulic press e.t.c.) .
I have been using Mach3 for my wabeco mill for almost 8 years now and having following the forum now and then since then.I bought my licence for Mach from MDA precision in the US, from Markus along with the items to build my Mach3 controller.Markus has been very helpfull in all my questions(thanks Markus).A year ago i purchased an ethernet smoothstepper and upgraded my mill use(big improvement!).
I now am in the process to upgrade my lathe from steppers to servos...
So i followed up posts about that matter and got convinced to use CSMIO-A controller which i have ordered and will try to put together with the servos as soon as i am back in Athens from my August vacations.
I wanted to say many thanks to u all that keed this forum alive since it has been a great source of knowledge for me for many years now.Special thanks to Hood from Scottland who is taking the time to answer each and every question ALLWAYS!
 So i will see you around,
 Tasbiz

« Reply #1944 on: August 10, 2014, 04:00:56 PM »
Hello to all,  I am recently employed to operate new plasma installation, will have lots of questions as job develops I am sure. First one tho
is how to attach text to frame using art cam.  thks, sharonkayeee
« Reply #1945 on: August 11, 2014, 02:44:16 PM »
Hi All my name is Michael new to this site and to cnc machines 

I have a cnc lathe that I want to convert to mach3 can any body help me with this ?

cheers Mick

Offline Tweakie.CNC

•  9,194 9,194
  • Super Kitty
    • View Profile
« Reply #1946 on: August 12, 2014, 01:46:40 AM »
Hi Mick,

Welcome.

If you post your question as a new topic in the general section I am sure there will be many that can help you.

Tweakie.
PEACE

Offline kiark

•  12 12
    • View Profile
« Reply #1947 on: August 13, 2014, 04:54:18 PM »
Hi there!

currently building a big cnc machine and reading alot here :D might need some help though ;)

nice forum btw! and mach3 is awesome!

kiark
« Reply #1948 on: August 20, 2014, 03:41:07 AM »
Hi as well ,
My build has been a long time coming as with most it was going to be relatively easy and as many I guess have found it is a challenge to say the least .I have been lucky to have great support close by Homann Designs  great product ,I however don't have the electrical prowess but I am learning slowly along with mach 3 I think I need the tutorials on disc so as to watch them again and again for the things I have missed I will get there ,cheers all.
« Reply #1949 on: August 26, 2014, 03:22:44 AM »
is there any people who have information about the pins of ELMO EBAF servo drives; such as +-10 v and servo enable?
i want to rebuild old CNC MACHINE to mach3 and all drives are analog from ELMO EBAF
please share your information.