Hello Guest it is March 19, 2024, 02:31:29 AM

Author Topic: New people welcome !! Come in here and introduce your self!  (Read 4511464 times)

Re: New people welcome !! Come in here and introduce your self!
« Reply #1120 on: April 12, 2011, 02:47:54 AM »
Gday Guys and Gals,

My name is rob, and i'm a recovering alc... Oh hang on.. wrong forum!

We have a Multicam CNC Router that has been upgraded by a company in Wollongong South of Sydney Australia.

We used to use Enroute to output files directly to the multicam machine though it's post processor and let the machine do the rest.
Since the upgrade we now still use Enroute to output the files in .TAP format for Mach 3 to process and output/control the machine.

So we are on the front end of a massive learning curve and still trying to iron out (cut out??) some bugs!

Cheers
Rob.
« Reply #1121 on: April 12, 2011, 03:58:57 AM »
 ;D
Welcome aboard Rob It is always a challenge when you have to learn new things, if you address your questions to the general forum,there is a lot of knowledge in the forum and I'm sure that it wont be long,with their help and you will be on top of it all.

Dick  ;) 
« Reply #1122 on: April 12, 2011, 04:48:28 PM »
Thanks Dick!

I look forward to learning it,
I've been involved to a small degree with the upgrade and set-up and i am absolutely blown away by the features and power of the Mach 3 software!

Cant wait to get on top of it all and get this machine really humming!

Cheers :)
« Reply #1123 on: April 14, 2011, 08:16:35 PM »
Hello,

Nice to meet you all. I've been following Mach3 for years, but finally decided to install a machine with it. My 3 axis  Acer knee mill was done with Camsoft.  Been fighting with it since I bought it. I finally gave up and installed Mach3 last weekend. I hope to upgrade the machine to 4 axis eventually.  I'm also considering another project with a 5 Axis Maho - a semi-retrofit. 

I'm an electrical engineer by trade, but I'm heavily into machining, and motorcycle engine development.  The motorcycle stuff is what promted getting into machining, but I have broader intentions.  I've been taking classes at De Anza College in Cupertino, CA for the last year. 

The Maho "semi" conversion is a project where I don't plan to replace the orignial controller (a Maho CNC532), but instead bypass it. My Maho already has a system to do exactly that - it's called a "Lemoine PC" upgrade, intended to add high speed machining capabilities to older machines.   But even the Lemoine system is old (ISA cards, and DOS based software).  It's an easy conversion because the wiring is already in place to bypass the CNC532 controller (it was a factory installed option in 1994).  I just need to wire in a Galil card and Mach3 where the Lemoine system used to be.  But, that's a project for another day. 

Regards,
Mike
« Reply #1124 on: April 15, 2011, 03:40:09 AM »
 ;D
Hi welcome aboard Mike It would seem that you have it all under control,but if you need air ideas I'm sure that the guys in the general forum will be a good source of help

Dick  ;) 
« Reply #1125 on: April 15, 2011, 05:22:45 AM »
My name is Lee i'm 31 and i live in the Somerset area in the UK  Midsomer Norton to be exact.

I am completely new to CNC and have just purchased a Boxford 160TCL lathe and a 190VMC mill.  I am currently trying to get hold of the required electronics to allow these to run on Mach3. 

I am researching as much as possible to try and get up to speed with Mach3 but there is a vast ammount to learn along with learning G-code and learning CAD/CAM.  Feel a little like i'm in over my head but there is no turning back now.

I am hoping to make developement parts for RC cars along with many other things that will fit within the capacity of the machines.

I am hoping that i can be up and running and making things within a few months but that is looking a little optimistic at the moment with the ammount of info i am finding.  I will likely be back and forth on the forum asking for help but it does look like there is plenty of help available.
« Reply #1126 on: April 15, 2011, 06:27:35 AM »
  ;D
Welcome aboard Lee, I think it was Frank Sinatra that once said  the way to achieve things was to bite off more than you can chew,then chew like blazers it worked for him .but he didn't have the general forum to help him.
 I'm sure that your dreams will become a reality
  Dick  ;)
« Reply #1127 on: April 15, 2011, 12:08:04 PM »
Hi all, my name is Tom and I have been running Sherline with EMC for 7 years.
I am making the switch, have purchased a new computer and have begun trying to figure it out.

I live on the east side of Detroit; I have an art degree and consider myself an accomplished Craftsman.
I have worked in almost all medium in both large and small scale.

See some of my work at tcarbone.com
« Reply #1128 on: April 15, 2011, 03:07:15 PM »
 ;D
Hi Tom welcome aboard I'm sure the members in the general forum will be able to help you make the switch

Dick  :D
« Reply #1129 on: April 19, 2011, 04:15:09 AM »
hello every one. thanks a lot for a warm welcom,I'm a new one for Mach3, please help me ,thank you~~~