Hello Guest it is May 25, 2019, 07:47:58 PM

Author Topic: New people welcome !! Come in here and introduce your self!  (Read 3341108 times)

Re: New people welcome !! Come in here and introduce your self!
« Reply #2650 on: November 19, 2018, 02:31:57 PM »
Hi All I'm Vet Nick I am not an engineer or anything like that but I've always been good with my hands. Back in Feb 2011, I was struck down with a heart attack at the age of 58 so a triple bypass and another 10 heart attacks later here I am still tinkering in my garden shed. Now for 7 years, I have had a bad brain fog caused by my medications. but in that time I have bought the raw materials and made my own CNC machine which measures 2000mm x 1000mm. all the time it was difficult because I was not able to use my memory which was none existent still I persevered and 18 months later I produced a new working machine. Mach3 I was told to use and I like it. I wish the same could be said for Auto Desk Fusion 360. due to my lack of brain power, I am still trying to learn it today but hey I'm getting there. Autodesk 360 is a very good program and I've enjoyed the challenge.

Now a little problem that I have is that I can't seem to enlarge the Mach3 display to fit the screen. If someone could help with this in a simple way it would be much appreciated.

Again help would be appreciated with a nil-low cost program that will allow me to crave photos to wood.  I thank you for your time reading this and look forward to any help that is received.
« Reply #2651 on: November 19, 2018, 03:49:46 PM »
Just registered...Purchased Mach3 in 2012 to run a MAX15 CNC with Xylotec on a WindowsXp platform.  Worked well for all of those years. Computer motherboard failed. Installed new motherboard and upgraded harddrive.  Everything ran well again.  Purchased a G0704 mill, converted to ball screws and stepper motor driven axis's.  In setting up a new profile, matched the motor pin-outs to the same config for the MAX 15.  However, when trying to  document the motor tuning parameters for the MAX15 no screens  would popup when clicked-on.  All of the functions such as keyboard jog and running a program would function properly.   I then connected the new Grizzley setup to the parallel port and it also ran but the motors needed to be tuned....but not able to get that screen 'motor tuning' to pop up.  So ,,, if it ain't broke don't fix-it ....right well I fixed it I installed the current Mach3 and couldn't get passed the parallel port install.... then I Canceled out of the install but tried to run Mach3 to see if it would still run. Guess what it loaded but I can't jog the motors .....but the motor tuning screen pops up  and you can make adjustments and save each axis but motors will not run....Any advise for this Genius ????  and Glad to meet You!!!
« Reply #2652 on: November 23, 2018, 08:20:55 PM »
Hi my name is Steve and from RI.  Very new to all this.  I have a Chinese 3040 4 axis  and eager to learn how to get into this fascinating world of CNC
« Reply #2653 on: November 24, 2018, 04:07:46 PM »
is the search broken? 
Every Time I search Iget:
2: pspell_new(): PSPELL couldn't open the dictionary. reason: No word lists can be found for the language "en".
File: /var/www/vhosts/machsupport.com/forum.machsupport.com/forum/Sources/Search.php
Line: 700

Offline Tweakie.CNC

•  7,765 7,765
  • Super Kitty
    • View Profile
    • Tweakie.CNC
« Reply #2654 on: November 25, 2018, 01:27:14 AM »
is the search broken? 
Every Time I search Iget:
2: pspell_new(): PSPELL couldn't open the dictionary. reason: No word lists can be found for the language "en".
File: /var/www/vhosts/machsupport.com/forum.machsupport.com/forum/Sources/Search.php
Line: 700

Hi,

This forum is currently undergoing a re-think on layout, content, etc.  http://www.machsupport.com/forum/index.php/topic,38649.0.html

Some functions (such as search and link re-directs, etc.) may be a little cranky until it is all sorted   :'(   

Tweakie.
« Last Edit: January 09, 2019, 03:03:23 AM by Tweakie.CNC »
Success consists of going from failure to failure without loss of enthusiasm.  Winston Churchill.
« Reply #2655 on: November 25, 2018, 11:46:18 AM »
Hi all,
I am Yann, living in France, and just switched to Mach3 after a period under LinuxCNC. My machine is a DYI CNC router for wood, based on a chinese 3rd gen 5axis breakout board on parallel port. I decided to switch to mach3 after my old laptop died, which made me replace it with a more modern one, already installed with WinXP, and that I did not want to reinstall. It was a good occasion to experiment Mach3 :)
By the way, at the moment, I am still experiencing limit switch errors, but I think this forum will help me, as I have seen several threads on this topic.
I am going to read it in details right now !
Happy to be there !
« Reply #2656 on: November 25, 2018, 10:55:23 PM »
Hi,
My name is Patrick, I am considering picking up a Prolight 1000 which is working with it's original controller and software. I was wondering if anyone has upgraded the controller and run with Mach3 or Mach4.

What hardware upgrades did you make?

What Mach version are you running?

And any other info you can help with would be great.

Thanks,

PS: search is down so I haven't been able to find any info in other posts.
« Reply #2657 on: November 27, 2018, 06:59:56 PM »
Hello everyone
Just a hobby machinist for now but I might get a small engraving business started soon.

« Reply #2658 on: December 05, 2018, 03:52:50 PM »
Hello,
Just bought a home brew Clarke 1225 cnc conversion, and I'm looking up at a learning curve. I've made a start, 3 broken end mills already! and a couple of pieces of "Unassigned Raw Material" now converted into unrecoverable raw material.

Now searching topics for info on cut depth : cut width ratios...
« Reply #2659 on: December 07, 2018, 04:21:04 AM »
Hi,

My name is Martin and I am from Slovakia.
I currently study at the Slovak Technical University, Faculty of Mechanical Engineering. I am new to this software and have zero experience.

My collegue has a small cnc mill with, what seems to be an external motion controller (it controlls spindle, lights and vacuum), I was given the task to
bring the mill to life but I can tell it won't be easy. I have already run into about million problems and I just started.

I hope to find some guidence here.
Wish me luck.