Hello Guest it is March 18, 2024, 10:55:06 PM

Author Topic: New people welcome !! Come in here and introduce your self!  (Read 4511327 times)

Offline bradD

•  15 15
    • View Profile
Re: New people welcome !! Come in here and introduce your self!
« Reply #1390 on: February 15, 2012, 05:24:20 PM »
Hi! I'm Brad, in Round Rock, Texas. I'm a newbie and an old-timer at the same time, as I programmed 2 axis NC lathes and 4 axis NC mills, back when those newfangled CNC machines were first coming out. I'm building a CNC Router Parts CRP4896 Router which I plan to use for general woodworking. Retired. Hobbyist. Forgotten more than I ever knew. Still trying to get the steppers to turn. I'll be lurking.
« Reply #1391 on: February 16, 2012, 01:01:19 PM »
hi! My name is Krunoslav and I live in Croatia. For 10 years I work on CNC machines and now I will work on MACH3 software. When I first started working I was on SHINX,AUTHOR,SHODA. SHINX had broke down. Therefore, there was installed MACH3, and I'm trying to fix it and get it in working process successfully.Funtions like "Feed Hold", "Reverse" and "Run From Here" doesn't work propertlly now. I would be very greatfull if anyone can help.
Re: Aspect ratio and user screen size
« Reply #1392 on: February 18, 2012, 04:40:29 AM »
I am a first time user with no one I know in this state that is a user.  I have installed the software on a ruggedized tablet PC (so that I can mount it on the gantry) and using a smoothstepper through the USB port.
First problem before I can use it is Aspect ratio and size of the Mach3 CNC user screen.  Can someone help me with a way I can change the size and aspect ratio please
« Last Edit: February 18, 2012, 04:42:35 AM by legend »
« Reply #1393 on: February 18, 2012, 04:41:34 AM »
I am a first time user with no one I know in this state that is a user.  I have installed the software on a ruggedized tablet PC (so that I can mount it on the gantry) and using a smoothstepper through the USB port.
First problem before I can use it is Aspect ratio and size of the Mach3 CNC user screen.  Can someone help me with a way I can change the size and aspect ratio please
« Reply #1394 on: February 18, 2012, 11:13:26 AM »
Hi! My name is Chuck and I normally use the handle chuckc1 unless someone got it registered before me. Anyway, I live in South Carolina. I am an electrical controls engineer by profession. PLC software programming is my preferred discipline. I am an avid RC Airplane builder. I prefer to build from scratch and that is where the CNC interest was born. I am presently building a router table with moving gantry. I purchased my Mach 3 license about a year ago and I really havenot provided myself a real opportunity to learn. Mainly due to the construction of the router table. I am also looking into CamBam. Anyway, I just wanted to write a short note to say hell to all and now I need to find out about Mach4 and how it will impact the Mach3 license. I am sure that is in another thread somewhere.
« Reply #1395 on: February 19, 2012, 06:17:46 AM »
Hello,

My name is Wim, I am from The Netherlands. I recently bought a CNC punch/nibble machine (Swedish, Pullmax P 210 dcm) The machine is 25 years old and is controlled by a TRS80 like homecomputer with Z80A processor. Working: The(steady)  tool of the machine punches little holes and by moving the table it can cut out figures out of sheetmetal or aluminium.  I would like to replace the Z80A computer by a Mach3 solution. I don't see many problems by taking over the control over the X and Y axes.  But the punching tool is another issue. My question is: Is this done before and how do I control the punching movement?  I read in a manual about PWM Motor Control but I am not sure if this is a solution.

The reason I joined is to get answers to the questions I am facing if I am want to do change the control of the CNC Punch machine.

Thank you!
« Reply #1396 on: February 20, 2012, 11:33:14 AM »
My name is Will and I am a complete and total newbie! By profession, I have served as both an Information Technologist and Avionics Technician for the last 20 years or so and have only just entered the Machining world.  What a cool world it is.  I have so many projects in my head from using lasers in my CNC; milling my own PCB's; and using topo maps to milling scale moutain ranges in foam.  To that end, I have been working on building a desktop size CNC machine of my own design from scratch and I have been blogging about it here http://wbaldwincnc.wordpress.com/ .  I hope to be a Mach3 user soon once I figure out how to mate it with my stepper motors.

Will
« Reply #1397 on: February 22, 2012, 09:41:31 AM »
Hi! My name is Anthony. I am a mechanical engineering grad student at the University of Central Florida. Over the past 6 months, we have (slowly) constructed a 'JoesCNC Hybrid' CNC router with a G540 / Mach 3 control-based system. Our typical application is simple test rig fabrication, usually from acrylic sheet material. As with many of you, I have been drawn to the Mach forum looking for assistance with our final machine configuration- and this is where the expertise seems to pool!

I look forward to learning with all of you.

Thanks,
Anthony
« Reply #1398 on: February 22, 2012, 08:53:04 PM »
hi i'm scott i am a shop foreman in a fab shop also lead machinist . been in the feild for 30+ years . we do alot of manual maching still in are shop . we also have an old centriod cnc4 that is slowly dieing . so that is what brings me to this forum .
« Reply #1399 on: February 23, 2012, 05:31:31 PM »
  ;D ;)
Hi Dave, Drew, Phil, Will and John welcome aboard Its great to get a profile on you all and what your aspirations are thank you for taking the time to post on this thread
But unfortunately this is only a introduction thread , and all technical questions should be addressed to the general forum, which can be accessed through the GENERAL MACH DISCUSSION on this page

Dick  ;)