Hello Guest it is March 19, 2024, 03:15:57 AM

Author Topic: New people welcome !! Come in here and introduce your self!  (Read 4511484 times)

Re: New people welcome !! Come in here and introduce your self!
« Reply #2080 on: May 01, 2015, 01:56:19 PM »
Hi All
New to MachSupport forum.  Very active site!  Registered in February, but this is my first post.

Just got Mach3 a few months ago.  Love it!

« Reply #2081 on: May 02, 2015, 10:21:17 AM »
Hello, my names alex wight and I'm from Lochgelly fife scotland.

I have just went self employed in January of this year, after 2 years of doing a job as a gas engineer and setting up my business, i took the leap of faith.

Ive started supplying the racing pigeon world with nest boxes, feeders, baskets perches ect, which has kept me very busy.

I have a purpose built cnc routing machine being built for (lack of time to build myself), which is due for delivery any day now.

I intend covering a wide range of areas with bespoke unique woodcrafts.

I,ll be looking for great ideas that are very different to what you normally see.

I have a customer who wants to use me for that very purpose, and I'm also keen on being involved in doing contract work.

I look forward to going through the site for advice and guidance along the way.

Although i have used a sabre 404 machine, this one I'm getting is MINE lol

regards alex
Good to see another Fifer on board. Welcome Alex.
I would seriously consider Vectric's software Aspire and of course Mach3/4

George

hi george, where are you? I'm in lochgelly. I'm going to be using Vectriv aspire along with mach 3.

Cant remember the programs that i used with the sabre, but once i get used to these programs I'm sure i,ll be fine. If not i know where to come lol.

alex
« Reply #2082 on: May 02, 2015, 11:57:39 AM »

I have just went self employed in January of this year, after 2 years of doing a job as a gas engineer and setting up my business, i took the leap of faith.

Ive started supplying the racing pigeon world with nest boxes, feeders, baskets perches ect, which has kept me very busy.

I have a purpose built cnc routing machine being built for (lack of time to build myself), which is due for delivery any day now.

I,ll be looking for great ideas that are very different to what you normally see.

I have a customer who wants to use me for that very purpose, and I'm also keen on being involved in doing contract work.

regards alex

George

hi george, where are you? I'm in lochgelly. I'm going to be using Vectriv aspire along with mach 3.

Cant remember the programs that i used with the sabre, but once i get used to these programs I'm sure i,ll be fine. If not i know where to come lol.

alex
Sorry if I misled you Alex, I'm down in Oldham. But drop in for tea anytime :-)
George
One step at a time!
« Reply #2083 on: May 02, 2015, 12:07:27 PM »

regards alex

George

alex
Sorry if I misled you Alex, I'm down in Oldham. But drop in for tea anytime :-)
George

lol your just down the road on the righthand side lol
« Reply #2084 on: May 04, 2015, 05:08:44 PM »
Hi All,

I'm new to Mach 3.  I've been around the cnc world for a number of years doing work for other companies, mostly programming and machine operation.  I finally bit the bullet and purchased a small cnc router, (4' x 5' with a 12" Z and a rotary axis.)  Now the fun starts. 

I don't know if this is the right place to post a question but I'll do it anyway.

I've been running initial tests on the machine and I've gotten as far as doing a fixed contour milling operation.  Basically I created a surface that is a sine wave with a .50" peak to valley range vertically and 1.00" peak to valley distance along the Y axis.  So I'm basically runing the tool along a contour.  The problem is the motion is jerky.  I've worked with other machines and controllers that have a code, (they vary with machines) to smooth out motion.  I've played around with the motor tuning but it doesn't seem to have an affect.  What am I missing?

Thanks,
Dean

« Reply #2085 on: May 05, 2015, 04:23:55 PM »
hello, all my name is austin. i live in indiana. i set up/program cnc mahcines at work i am also a header machinist also know as "cold heading" and i do some tool and die work when
i must fix something i broke,among many other things i do around there. im am here because i have a problem with a g0704 i recently converted to cnc. i will post that topic in the
appropriate forum. thanks
« Reply #2086 on: May 13, 2015, 09:41:04 AM »
Fresh Mach3 user (and CNC for that matter) Catching on fast! 
I am accomplishing things I have been wanting to do for years. Problem is I have gained 10 pounds, found myself putting tape around the nose piece of a pair of glasses and seeing a pocket protector from a useful piont of view. ;D

« Reply #2087 on: May 13, 2015, 10:59:42 AM »
 :D
Welcome to the group !

Don't worry .... there is a multimillion line code limit but there are no weight limitations or restrictions.  ;D

Enjoy your journey.

Regards,
Russ
« Reply #2088 on: May 15, 2015, 02:58:56 PM »
Hey, Peter here in Maryland USA.  Got a CNC machine on a 5'x10' table in my shop.  Bought 8 months ago and worked great til computer failed. Reloaded Mach3 - have basic movement now but would really like to hire someone that could come to Gaithersburg MD to tweak and get a few things like Auto Z all up and running.  Please let me know.
« Reply #2089 on: May 16, 2015, 04:53:17 PM »
Hi everybody!  Brand new to CNC and joining for all the help I will probably need!  I run a small, at home handgun grip business and will be using the new 3axis machine running Mach 3 software.