Hello Guest it is March 19, 2024, 04:46:11 AM

Author Topic: New people welcome !! Come in here and introduce your self!  (Read 4511538 times)

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
Re: New people welcome !! Come in here and introduce your self!
« Reply #680 on: November 18, 2009, 05:52:37 PM »
You dont have an E-Stop button fitted by the sounds of it and really you should on all CNC machines. You can however trick Mach into thinking you do by changing the active state of the E-Stop in Ports and Pins, Inputs page.
Hood
« Reply #681 on: November 18, 2009, 06:32:28 PM »
Hello,  I'm not a BOT   ;D
I am a retired EE who spent 40+ years in machine controls, but not type commonly referred to as "CNC"
My current project is lathe type engraver with x and theta axis using Parker servo motors and drivers I found on ebay.
I will be using a electric die grinder as a live tool.
Mick
« Reply #682 on: November 18, 2009, 07:59:21 PM »
 I am outfit43 this is new to me :P   Does any one know how to wire encoder?  Any help will be appricated
« Reply #683 on: November 19, 2009, 10:40:03 AM »
You dont have an E-Stop button fitted by the sounds of it and really you should on all CNC machines. You can however trick Mach into thinking you do by changing the active state of the E-Stop in Ports and Pins, Inputs page.
Hood

Thanks Hood,

I found the problem, the computer parallel port was faulty.  Now proceeding with next steps.  KX1 does have the estop button present.
Lucas
« Reply #684 on: November 19, 2009, 06:06:20 PM »
Hi, I'm Vince. I'm new to CNC and am in the process of building my first router mill to get my feet wet. I've completed the X axis; I'm using a Xylotex kit. I just installed and configured Mach3 and was successful with no problems in jogging and the initial tuning of the motor. With the software and electronics working, I can get back to the mechanical build. This forum answered a lot of my questions and was instrumental in helping me achieve a smooth start up.

I'm a retired chemist and long time woodworker. I've been working with computers and dabbling in electronics for well over 25 years. This project is a lot of fun because it combines all of these.

Offline Chaps

•  11 11
    • View Profile
« Reply #685 on: November 20, 2009, 12:23:28 AM »
I'm am very happy to be a part of this forum.  I am close to retiring and need a good hobby.  I am totally new to CNC as well as Mach 3.  I have been looking at the videos and searching through many of the posts.  I just converted my X2 mini mill to CNC -- a major task for the first endeavor.

I would appreciate any advice from this forum on how to learn to use Mach 3.  So far I have been able to mill a few simple parts, nothing complex yet.  I still do not understand "lead in" and "lead out" but watching some milling videos I know my G-code is not approaching the material properly.

Thanks again for this forum.  I'm looking forward to gleaning as much as I can from the vast knowledge base represented here!!!!! ???
« Reply #686 on: November 22, 2009, 04:18:25 AM »
hi people
new b here
i have some new toys(cnc router-baby one)+mach3.
just getting started.
thought i would start with a (not a spambot)post
up front thought (15 years of g-code exp)this is going to be way past cool!
untill next time

full5th
                                                                        overnout
« Reply #687 on: November 22, 2009, 04:49:45 PM »
hi all my name is david, im a maintenance manager at a woodworking company in nottingham england. im just getting into cnc as a hobby, my only prior experience with cnc is on a 12' gantry router at work running an osai controller with bosch drivers/steppers. my field of expertise is with omron plc's, anybody struggling with one give me a shout.
david
« Reply #688 on: November 23, 2009, 04:24:38 PM »
Hello, everyone,
     I'm Gary McFarlane, Oklahoma City, USA.  I've been running Mach 3 for a little over a year now and LOVE IT! I just upgraded my 42" x 32" home-built router to the Soigeneris SmoothStepper/G540 dirver and am very impressed.  I had been running with HobbyCNC's board but it proved too unreliable for my use.  I use my router mainly for doing custom cutting board inlays - names and such. I use BobCad/Cam for the drawing work. I'm a "well informed user" and can figure out just about any problem, given enough time, with all the different aspects of CNC but have not graduated into modifying screens and such.  I keep plenty busy producing cutting boards and really don't have any need to dig into all the different options of Mach 3, different screens, Mod Bus (do't even know what that is) and other things.
« Reply #689 on: November 28, 2009, 05:36:51 PM »
Hi,

My name is Jim and I'm very new to CNC, but I'm learning fast starting with this Forum.  ;)

I've been machining at home since 1989 and have a 9x48 Bridgeport and a 17 X 60 AFM (Polish) lathe as my main machines.
Getting tired of spinning cranks, so I've purchased a Taig CNC ready mill along with a combo Soigeneris SmoothStepper/G540 USB setup to immerse myself into the world of CNC.

I went through a four year machinist's apprenticeship and spent several years as a Manufacturing Engineer after getting my Bachelor's degree in Computer Science Engineering.
I'm now working as one of those IT people that play with Cisco routers and such. It looks like a steep learning curve with Mach3, but I'm motivated to learn and this Forum is my savior at the moment.

Looking forwards to learning as mush as possible from all the talented people in this forum.

Jim