Hello Guest it is March 18, 2024, 10:02:10 PM

Author Topic: New people welcome !! Come in here and introduce your self!  (Read 4511301 times)

Re: New people welcome !! Come in here and introduce your self!
« Reply #1320 on: November 10, 2011, 07:53:33 AM »

;D
Hi Lou G  welcome aboard Lou from Melbourne, you may notice on this page there is a box General Mach discussion open the menu and find a thread that is closest to what you are looking for and enter any of  your questions you may have.

Dick  ;)

Offline Lou

•  23 23
    • View Profile
« Reply #1321 on: November 11, 2011, 04:03:07 AM »
Thanks Dick

Regards,

Lou

Offline Claus

•  14 14
    • View Profile
« Reply #1322 on: November 11, 2011, 02:46:48 PM »
Hello

I am Claus from Denmark
Part time Luthier

One of my good friends have helped me building a fine CNC Mill   80 x 80 x 35 cm work space
Mainly for making parts for my guitars.
I am completely new into 3D and CNC but aim to be a
good user.

Cheers

Claus
« Reply #1323 on: November 11, 2011, 04:09:39 PM »

;D
Welcome aboard Claus I'm glad that you have such a good friend,you will be in there is a lot of members in the forums that do take an interest in making guitars any questions that you may have should be addressed to the general forum where there is a lot of knowledge on the subject of guitar building.
Thank you for dropping by and introducing yourself

Dick   ;)

Offline Claus

•  14 14
    • View Profile
« Reply #1324 on: November 11, 2011, 04:42:45 PM »
Thanks Trickey

I hope some of the tough guys in here can help me with my issues.

Thanks

Claus
« Reply #1325 on: November 19, 2011, 05:12:58 AM »
Hi,

My name is Rudy, I don't have any CNC Machine and have no experience with any CNC machine. my professional work is designing industrial control system and embedded system.  Now my new hobby is machining (I never do machining before) just want to make new CNC machine (I prefer make instead buy  - that is the fun stuff).  I will have a lot of questions later in the forum.  So far just learn from youtube.

cheers,
Rudy   
« Reply #1326 on: November 20, 2011, 08:24:50 PM »
Hi all

My name is Dave and I live in Boise, Idaho USA.
I'm new to Mach but not to CNC or Machinning; I have a Bridgeport clone that I converted about 15 years ago with an AhHa system. I recently got my AaHa box running with Mach using a Homen breakout board. I have been working on a new control box and will be switching over to servos when I get it done; hopefully this winter. I have been able to make some chips this weekend and things are going pretty well. I do have some questions that I will post in the general section.

Dave (idahoan)
« Reply #1327 on: November 23, 2011, 06:04:41 PM »
hi all,
we are cabinetmakers by trade, and purchased a cnc lathe to produce a few shapes in wood.
i am struggling with it, and have searched for something basic to help me get started, but everything seems overcomplicated at my beginning level. is there a "mach3 for dummies", a starting place for someone who has never used cnc or mach 3 before?  or, how did YOU learn to use it from scratch, so i can at least have a place to start.
thank you all very much
gary
« Reply #1328 on: November 28, 2011, 02:52:18 AM »
   ;D
Hi Rudy, Dave and Gary welcome aboard sorry that I was not around when you posted introductions Its great to have you drop by
Gary I do not know of any mach3 for dummies book but if you post any questions to the general forum they will help
Dave your on the right track with the general forum
Rudy I'm sure with your background you will have a ball building your machine the general forum is where you will be able to get help with any problems that may arise
again thank you all for joining our group

Dick  ;)
« Reply #1329 on: November 28, 2011, 03:54:18 PM »
Hello,
I'm from Romania, in 2010 I started to reuse an old type CNC FANUC. I removed all the engines are using a dodgy control system, and we replaced them with three stepper motors. If this equipment consume over 12 kW per 8 hours, now only consumes 4 kW to 8 hours.
You can see www.einstein.ucoz.com, and some instant with this machine work. Space is 2m / 2m / 50cm. Routing engine is a 2.2 kW with frequency control. X axis is driven by a stepper motor 8 Nm, a Y-axis stepper motor 11 Nm and a Z axis stepper motor 11 Nm.
But I ran out of work due to employer. He also must pay my salary for 3 months, but he is hiding and he hung up phone.
This is the situation. I am proud of the machine that I made it, which I'm sure it will rot, with no one able to use.
There are currently required to reuse a wood lathe.
The wood lathe is pretty old, uses a programmable memory card with an EPROM.
Because I found a solution to reschedule this system, I thought to use MACH3 Lathe.
I found a supplier of materials needed to build a CNC, I chose the guide rails and ball screws with bushings and ball nuts. The price is rather high, but I think it's worth.
I started my build a CNC, but I do not know how to do transmission.
My CNC is small, about 500mm / 500mm / 200mm x / y / z.
Stepping motors we use are about 4Nm, belts are too expensive and hard to find, I am plan to use screws, and M6 screws I have <metrics> M8.
Is can be used?
I greet and wish you Luck.

Ionescu Florin (florin2901@yahoo.com)
Campia Turzii, Romania