Hello Guest it is March 19, 2024, 04:56:17 AM

Author Topic: New people welcome !! Come in here and introduce your self!  (Read 4511545 times)

Offline Tweakie.CNC

•  9,195 9,195
  • Super Kitty
    • View Profile
Re: New people welcome !! Come in here and introduce your self!
« Reply #1800 on: October 03, 2013, 01:13:09 AM »
Hi Gary,

Welcome to becoming an active member of the forum  ;)

Your Mach3 licence is called   Mach1Lic.dat  and it is in your original Mach3 folder - just copy and paste / transfer it to your new Mach3 folder and away you go (no need to purchase a new license).
If you wish, you can download the latest version of Mach3 from here http://www.machsupport.com/software/downloads-updates/

Tweakie.
PEACE
I am new and need some direction
« Reply #1801 on: October 07, 2013, 12:56:07 PM »
Hi everyone. I have just purchased a used Shopmaster Bridgemill. It is fully CNC (4 axis) and is set up with Mach3. I will use a different computer than the previous owner and wonder if I should use Windows 7 or XP professional? There is an existing license. Can I get it up and running on the existing license or do I need to buy a new one right away? I am new to CNC and just want to get it set up initially. It is just for hobby use and to learn. As I get going I have no issue getting a new license, but I first need to get the unit up and running. Any direction would be appreciated. Like many newbies to CNC I have a lot to learn. Mach3 seems to be the best choice seeing that the the machine and the control box was operational with Mach3. It would seem logical to stay with it.

Offline Tweakie.CNC

•  9,195 9,195
  • Super Kitty
    • View Profile
« Reply #1802 on: October 08, 2013, 01:49:25 AM »
Hi everyone. I have just purchased a used Shopmaster Bridgemill. It is fully CNC (4 axis) and is set up with Mach3. I will use a different computer than the previous owner and wonder if I should use Windows 7 or XP professional? There is an existing license. Can I get it up and running on the existing license or do I need to buy a new one right away? I am new to CNC and just want to get it set up initially. It is just for hobby use and to learn. As I get going I have no issue getting a new license, but I first need to get the unit up and running. Any direction would be appreciated. Like many newbies to CNC I have a lot to learn. Mach3 seems to be the best choice seeing that the the machine and the control box was operational with Mach3. It would seem logical to stay with it.

In my opinion it is probably best to use the same Windows operating system as was originally used with the machine.

Regarding the licence - according to the terms and conditions a licence is not transferable but you should check with licensing http://www.machsupport.com/contact-us/ as there may be exceptions under certain circumstances.

Tweakie.
PEACE
« Reply #1803 on: October 09, 2013, 03:45:40 PM »
I have been into machining since I took a vo-tech class in high school.  I have worked in various job shops programming and running mostly Hurco VMCs.  I just recently opened my own shop in my home town and do a variety of work.  Pretty much anything I can get my hands on.  I have a couple of older Hurco CNC mills but the reason I joined this forum is I have a Lagunmatic 110 that has been converted to run on Mach 3.  Two weeks after I had bought this mill at an auction, the hard drive crapped out and I dont have any back up files to set it back up.  Is there anyone in the Kansas City/Springfield MO area that knows their stuff and would be willing to come work on my machine.  I would pay going rate for anyone that could help get me going again.  Thanks
« Reply #1804 on: October 10, 2013, 06:12:32 AM »
Hi, I am Tipsydog,
I live in central Victoria Australia, and a retired engineer.
I have recently purchased a Chinese 3040 CNC router and have added Mach3 fully licensed.
I have a problem with the X axis making a grinding sound particularly in the positive direction.
I have swapped the stepper motors and leads with no improvement.
Also fiddled with acceleration and velocity and still have the problem.
Wondering where the best place is to post a query on this issue.
I would appreciate any help on this.

Offline Tweakie.CNC

•  9,195 9,195
  • Super Kitty
    • View Profile
« Reply #1805 on: October 10, 2013, 06:41:23 AM »
Hi Tipsydog,

Welcome to the forum.

If you post you question, as a new topic, in the General section then that would be the best place.

Tweakie.
PEACE
« Reply #1806 on: October 10, 2013, 08:11:24 AM »
Hello Everyone,

I am brand new to the CNC engraver and Mach3 world. I really don't know what I am doing. I have everything installed and setup. I am thinking that I am going to have someone show me how to use the program. I live in the Hampton Roads area in Virginia. Please let me know if anyone is nearby that can help me out.

Thank you, Bret
« Reply #1807 on: October 10, 2013, 06:20:51 PM »
Like you, bretswoodworks, it is all new to me as well but have a search on Youtube, there are quite a few videos on the subject which make life easier. I also downloaded and printed the Mach manual so that I could work through it as I set up. Excellent although it does skip over a few areas but not so that you can't work it out for yourself. I'm in England so a bit too far to come unless you send me a plane ticket of course. Good Luck.

Offline Tweakie.CNC

•  9,195 9,195
  • Super Kitty
    • View Profile
« Reply #1808 on: October 11, 2013, 02:13:46 AM »
Hi Bretswoodworks,

Welcome to the forum.

If you send two plane tickets and I will come along with Exhausted.  ;D

Tweakie.
PEACE
« Reply #1809 on: October 14, 2013, 07:54:00 AM »
Hello, my name is Mike Freeman and I am new to metal CNC. I have a RF25 round column Milling machine and have recently converted it to CNC. I have fitted ball-screws to both X and Y axis. I have CamBam, Mach3 , Cutviewer and Alibre 3D cad.

18 months ago I built a Sumpod 3D printer and spent some months learning how to print. It was this experience (and poor health) that convinced me to convert my mill to CNC. The mechanical side caused few problems and I checked the web for various issues I had at that stage.

I am covering the conversion on 2 websites I have www.mike@mikes-models.com and www.mike@mikes-models.com/blog

I am a retired firefighter (retiring from Bedfordshire and Luton Fire and Rescue Service) and now live in my home county of Devon (more specifically in Brixham, part of Torbay South Devon).

I have just registered as I am now at a point where a problem that my research has failed to resolve but I will list that in the right place.  I look forward to being part of this forums community.  :)