Hello Guest it is December 14, 2019, 04:52:16 AM

Author Topic: New people welcome !! Come in here and introduce your self!  (Read 3498326 times)

Re: New people welcome !! Come in here and introduce your self!
« Reply #1800 on: September 21, 2013, 09:16:22 PM »
hi.

i recently got a job working for a sign writer who has a router that uses mach 3 and he is expecting me to teach myself how to use it at a basic level. so i can see myself having many questions for more experienced people. i've got simple cutting sorted but i think maintenance and up keep of the machine will be my biggest challenge. hopefully you will all be understand the questions i have.

kris
« Reply #1801 on: October 01, 2013, 11:41:36 PM »
Hi all

I'm a new member, I'm currently in the process of designing a cnc plasma cutter to cut pipe profiles, I found this website and the information on it is extensive.
I haven't looked too deeply yet, but I did find a thread about a wrapper function that was programmed to do rotary axes, would this be the best way to go about controlling my table?

Any help would be greatly appreciated

Ben

Queensland
Australia
« Reply #1802 on: October 02, 2013, 06:15:10 PM »
Hi !  I'm a retired machinist that has been here lots of time but only registered today.
I am well versed in machining but not so much on computers. The problem that
brought me here today is that I have a very legal copy of Mach3 that I have had for
awhile that I downloaded from the internet while I planned to make a cnc router.
This has been dragging on for quite a while as I was beset with problems. Today I tried
to move the Mach3 program to my computer in the shop and I can't get it to do
anything .I'm guessing I will have to load it on the shop pc by using a CD disk. But
naturally I don't want to buy another license just to get a disk. What do I do now?
thanks,
Gary

Offline Tweakie.CNC

•  8,022 8,022
  • Super Kitty
    • View Profile
    • Tweakie.CNC
« Reply #1803 on: October 03, 2013, 01:13:09 AM »
Hi Gary,

Welcome to becoming an active member of the forum  ;)

Your Mach3 licence is called   Mach1Lic.dat  and it is in your original Mach3 folder - just copy and paste / transfer it to your new Mach3 folder and away you go (no need to purchase a new license).
If you wish, you can download the latest version of Mach3 from here http://www.machsupport.com/software/downloads-updates/

Tweakie.
Success consists of going from failure to failure without loss of enthusiasm.  Winston Churchill.
I am new and need some direction
« Reply #1804 on: October 07, 2013, 12:56:07 PM »
Hi everyone. I have just purchased a used Shopmaster Bridgemill. It is fully CNC (4 axis) and is set up with Mach3. I will use a different computer than the previous owner and wonder if I should use Windows 7 or XP professional? There is an existing license. Can I get it up and running on the existing license or do I need to buy a new one right away? I am new to CNC and just want to get it set up initially. It is just for hobby use and to learn. As I get going I have no issue getting a new license, but I first need to get the unit up and running. Any direction would be appreciated. Like many newbies to CNC I have a lot to learn. Mach3 seems to be the best choice seeing that the the machine and the control box was operational with Mach3. It would seem logical to stay with it.

Offline Tweakie.CNC

•  8,022 8,022
  • Super Kitty
    • View Profile
    • Tweakie.CNC
« Reply #1805 on: October 08, 2013, 01:49:25 AM »
Hi everyone. I have just purchased a used Shopmaster Bridgemill. It is fully CNC (4 axis) and is set up with Mach3. I will use a different computer than the previous owner and wonder if I should use Windows 7 or XP professional? There is an existing license. Can I get it up and running on the existing license or do I need to buy a new one right away? I am new to CNC and just want to get it set up initially. It is just for hobby use and to learn. As I get going I have no issue getting a new license, but I first need to get the unit up and running. Any direction would be appreciated. Like many newbies to CNC I have a lot to learn. Mach3 seems to be the best choice seeing that the the machine and the control box was operational with Mach3. It would seem logical to stay with it.

In my opinion it is probably best to use the same Windows operating system as was originally used with the machine.

Regarding the licence - according to the terms and conditions a licence is not transferable but you should check with licensing http://www.machsupport.com/contact-us/ as there may be exceptions under certain circumstances.

Tweakie.
Success consists of going from failure to failure without loss of enthusiasm.  Winston Churchill.
« Reply #1806 on: October 09, 2013, 03:45:40 PM »
I have been into machining since I took a vo-tech class in high school.  I have worked in various job shops programming and running mostly Hurco VMCs.  I just recently opened my own shop in my home town and do a variety of work.  Pretty much anything I can get my hands on.  I have a couple of older Hurco CNC mills but the reason I joined this forum is I have a Lagunmatic 110 that has been converted to run on Mach 3.  Two weeks after I had bought this mill at an auction, the hard drive crapped out and I dont have any back up files to set it back up.  Is there anyone in the Kansas City/Springfield MO area that knows their stuff and would be willing to come work on my machine.  I would pay going rate for anyone that could help get me going again.  Thanks
« Reply #1807 on: October 10, 2013, 06:12:32 AM »
Hi, I am Tipsydog,
I live in central Victoria Australia, and a retired engineer.
I have recently purchased a Chinese 3040 CNC router and have added Mach3 fully licensed.
I have a problem with the X axis making a grinding sound particularly in the positive direction.
I have swapped the stepper motors and leads with no improvement.
Also fiddled with acceleration and velocity and still have the problem.
Wondering where the best place is to post a query on this issue.
I would appreciate any help on this.

Offline Tweakie.CNC

•  8,022 8,022
  • Super Kitty
    • View Profile
    • Tweakie.CNC
« Reply #1808 on: October 10, 2013, 06:41:23 AM »
Hi Tipsydog,

Welcome to the forum.

If you post you question, as a new topic, in the General section then that would be the best place.

Tweakie.
« Reply #1809 on: October 10, 2013, 08:11:24 AM »
Hello Everyone,

I am brand new to the CNC engraver and Mach3 world. I really don't know what I am doing. I have everything installed and setup. I am thinking that I am going to have someone show me how to use the program. I live in the Hampton Roads area in Virginia. Please let me know if anyone is nearby that can help me out.

Thank you, Bret