Hello Guest it is December 12, 2019, 11:47:36 PM

Author Topic: New people welcome !! Come in here and introduce your self!  (Read 3497990 times)

Offline Tweakie.CNC

•  8,021 8,021
  • Super Kitty
    • View Profile
    • Tweakie.CNC
Re: New people welcome !! Come in here and introduce your self!
« Reply #2290 on: April 09, 2016, 10:14:06 AM »
Hi Pirate,

Welcome.

Sounds like you need to get an older PC (perhaps second user) which has an LPT parallel port.
Mach3 does not run successfully from a laptop unless you use an External Motion Controller (such as the ESS http://warp9td.com/ or similar)

Tweakie.
Success consists of going from failure to failure without loss of enthusiasm.  Winston Churchill.
« Reply #2291 on: April 09, 2016, 10:29:11 AM »
Thanks Tweakie, but why have the USB socket on the board if its not used, and is the 15 D socket no use if I get a gender bender to connect it to the LPT1 on the board.

Regards Pirate

Offline Tweakie.CNC

•  8,021 8,021
  • Super Kitty
    • View Profile
    • Tweakie.CNC
« Reply #2292 on: April 09, 2016, 10:51:04 AM »
Thanks Tweakie, but why have the USB socket on the board if its not used, and is the 15 D socket no use if I get a gender bender to connect it to the LPT1 on the board.

Regards Pirate

The USB socket is just to provide the 5Volt power from the PC to the board - the board is driven by the LPT port and should be connected with a 25 way, LPT parallel port cable.
Gender benders will not work in this instance.
Mach3 does not run successfully from a laptop.

Tweakie.
Success consists of going from failure to failure without loss of enthusiasm.  Winston Churchill.
« Reply #2293 on: April 09, 2016, 11:48:11 AM »
Many thanks Tweakie.

All understood now.

Regards Pirate
« Reply #2294 on: April 13, 2016, 02:41:28 PM »
hi im ECNC .. im newby and i would like to now more about mach3
« Reply #2295 on: April 14, 2016, 04:41:16 PM »
Question is there any problem running Vcarve Pro with Mach4  I just start built my cnc router and purchased Mach 4 and now want to get Vcarve Pro. wanted to know if i will encounter any problems.  The manufacture of Vcarve pro said that it works with Mach 2 and Mach 3,  any input will help.

Thanks

Offline Tweakie.CNC

•  8,021 8,021
  • Super Kitty
    • View Profile
    • Tweakie.CNC
« Reply #2296 on: April 15, 2016, 01:29:57 AM »
Question is there any problem running Vcarve Pro with Mach4  I just start built my cnc router and purchased Mach 4 and now want to get Vcarve Pro. wanted to know if i will encounter any problems.  The manufacture of Vcarve pro said that it works with Mach 2 and Mach 3,  any input will help.

Thanks

The Gcode created with Vectric V-Carve Pro works just fine with Mach4.

Tweakie.

Offline dude1

•  1,253 1,253
    • View Profile
« Reply #2297 on: April 15, 2016, 02:27:03 AM »
hernandd58 I have used V carve pro 8.024, using the mach3 ATC mm no problems at all
« Reply #2298 on: April 21, 2016, 12:54:58 AM »
Hi all

I am new to cnc and have built a gantry mill/plasma table. I have just finished hooking everything up and am getting it going. I WILL have questions latter. I seem to have a glitch when homing.
I have built miniature gas and steam engines, two motor trikes, gattling gun and many other projects. I needed a new challenge and learning cnc machining seems to be a good challenge.
My job to make money to fund the fun is an electronic technician. I will be back with details on my homing glitch

trike2
« Reply #2299 on: April 21, 2016, 12:25:06 PM »
Hi my name is Jay. I spent many years as a manufacturing engineer programming and processing parts on CNC machines. For the past 15 years i was an engineering manager and have the pleasure of managing some great engineers over the years. I am now the plant manager of manufacturing plant where we have about 60 CNC machines, mostly Okuma HMC's, 3 axis and 4 axis lathes and and a few VMC's. I have never really had any interest in cnc outside of work. My hobbies include woodworking and RC helicopters. Recently I decided that a small tabletop CNC would be a great tool that i could use for both of these hobbies. I'm looking at buying one of the chinese tabletop machines which up until two days ago i didn't know existed. I am currently recovering from knee replacement surgery so i have had a lot of time to researching on the net. This has landed me on this site and I am looking forward to learning how to setup Mach3 on the machine and learning some new stuff.