Hello Guest it is March 19, 2024, 07:16:45 AM

Author Topic: New people welcome !! Come in here and introduce your self!  (Read 4511621 times)

Re: New people welcome !! Come in here and introduce your self!
« Reply #200 on: September 28, 2008, 03:53:46 PM »
Howdy,
  I am finishing up my desktop CNC rig based on HobbyCNC plans.  I would prefer to use open source software
(like EMC2 under Ubuntu) but have had some significant patience issues on my part.  I plan on giving Mach a try,
if it works like I think I am seeing, I may have to get over my dislike for anything Gatesian (based on his Open
Letter to Computer Hobbyists from the 1970's - dinosaurs like me have long memories) and just get the job done.

Getting into CNC as a hobby. ... Jack in TN (near Nashville)
« Reply #201 on: October 02, 2008, 02:40:50 AM »
Hi all,
This is ashish from india, Professionally i am into industrial automation and machine development.
working with embeded is my passion but ended up into industrial embedded.
worked on Allen Bradley, Control Techniques, Hakko, Delta, Fatek.
Key skills    Plc, Hmi, Servo's, A.c Drives
Persuing    Motion controllers, Multi-axis Motion controllers, SCADA, Mach3, Adruino

Thanks for sharing ur knowledge with us.
« Reply #202 on: October 04, 2008, 09:49:33 AM »
Hey all, new here. I have been using cnc machine for a few years now,home use only not as a profesion. I,m In Canada , Whitby ontario. I decided to join this forum for a few reasons. One being the amount of growing mach users and the cost factor of useing Mach software. As of right now I,m still useing CncPro which most of you know is DOS based,but not that happy with it and that is why i will switch over very soon. Why not switch over now you might be asking yourself, well for one I,m realy confused on which Pc is gonna work with Mach. I would hate to get stuck with a bunch of computers not being used. Anyway my hobbies are wood related ,such as building guitars, 3d carving and plain old driving the wife mad with always being in the shop L.O.L..I notice some of you from The Zone. Well i hope to gain some more insight from this software in the very near future and get my machine running to more than it is capable of doing now,cheers to all. :)
« Reply #203 on: October 06, 2008, 11:40:13 PM »
Hi,
i have been using Mach (from Master5) for a few years. I have evolved from having a small MAXNC10 to converting a bridgeport mill to CNC with Mach3 as he controller. It has been fun> I do not read the threads as much as I should, as my processes are stable, but i noticed there is a lot of new features on the software.
Thanks Art,
Marco.
« Reply #204 on: October 06, 2008, 11:56:25 PM »
I am new to this whole thing but I sure like reading all the posts.

Thanks Guys!!
« Reply #205 on: October 07, 2008, 12:12:46 AM »
Hi folks,

My name is Mike Rockwell and I got into hobby machining last year when I bought a Sherline CNC Mill and Lathe.  I didn't like the control software so I poked around online and found Mach which like much better.  I recently bought the Smooth Stepper but haven't connected it yet.

I have since bought an old Mori Seiki Engine Lathe that I'm looking to convert to CNC control and am in the process of buying a larger Mill.

My day job is working in engineering at Dolby Labs in San Francisco.  I read the Yahoo Mach group as that appears to be where most of the action is.

Best,
Mike Rockwell
« Reply #206 on: October 07, 2008, 12:13:05 AM »
I'm a long time lurker, but haven't had much time to read the forum lately.  I've been using Mach for the past year and a half or so and love it.  Thanks for putting together a superb program, Art and maybe I'll see you again at the CNC Workshop (couldn't make it this past year).
« Reply #207 on: October 07, 2008, 12:20:18 AM »
Names adrian, use mach on several machines. I'm building a 7 axis machining center and laser cutter both using mach (hopefully). I read a lot but don't post much since i rarely have questions and things seem to get answered before i see the questions.
just posting this from a prompting in an email.
« Reply #208 on: October 07, 2008, 12:26:50 AM »
My Name is Jim, I have been slowly building a Servo powered Taig mill. work and the summer kind of put a halt on it, but i hope to have it going this winter. I just have to finish the motor mounts and put it all together really.
It is allready running a variable speed treadmill motor, which works great.
I bought mach a while ago so i could learn the program.

The machine is already used manually for a few bits and pieces of projects.

Also have a manual lathemaster lathe and some other small machines.

I am not a machinist or anything i am actually in IT. but i enjoy making things myself
« Last Edit: October 07, 2008, 12:29:30 AM by defex »
« Reply #209 on: October 07, 2008, 12:33:09 AM »
Recently retired.  New to CNC machining.  Have a HF mini mill and 7 x 14 lathe.  Divide my time between fabricating mounts for the stepper motors on the mill (Fignoogle drawings/plans), building case and wiring for Xylotex driver, and learning Mach 3.  With more time now it seems like the honey-do projects keep popping up too. 

Also still making parts and accessories for the mill and lathe, anxious to move on to learning G-code better and creating more complex shapes on the mill when the CNC add-ons get running under Mach 3.