Hello Guest it is March 19, 2024, 07:38:06 AM

Author Topic: New people welcome !! Come in here and introduce your self!  (Read 4511635 times)

Re: New people welcome !! Come in here and introduce your self!
« Reply #2780 on: February 25, 2021, 07:45:32 PM »
Good morning
(I'm a newbie)
I know this is not a forum for Chinese cnc's. I just can not find help anywhere.
My CNC is a DIY machine made from imported(China) parts and locally sourced parts.
Normally i love to solve my own problems but sometime you hit the roadblock.
MPG that i purchased overseas works fine to some extend (handwheel) works but all the selectors (axis)are dead.
Wiring checked and there should be no problem, but i'm not sure if Mach3 needs extra settings beside MPG enabled(after all it works or not )
Configuration is as follow.
Table size 480mmx480mm (not too big more like a router)
Controller board STB4100 (USB)
Software: Mach3 rev.3.041
Stepper motor boards: TB6600
MPG: Unknown make (Chinese)
I would appreciate if someone could point me to the topic that covers this kind of configuration.
Thank you,
« Reply #2781 on: March 02, 2021, 09:57:59 AM »
Hi, I'm John. New guy here. Background: former Dutch Marine, now airline pilot, captain B777/787. Also qualified gunsmith, worked at Fokker as CNC lathe operator, motorcycle enthusiast riding a Harley Roadking, a bit of a gearhead I suppose... 8)

In the middle of converting a HBM BF20 mill into CNC (https://www.hbm-machines.com/producten/hbm-bf-25-freesmachine). My setup:

Simplexmotion SM100 motors with Simplexmotion Hub controller (www.simplexmotion.com)
UC100 motion controller (http://cncdrive.com/UC100.html)

The mechanical part of this build is fine, with my background. But the electronics and Mach3 setup is hard. So I hope to get some help here  ;D

Offline TPS

•  2,501 2,501
    • View Profile
« Reply #2782 on: March 02, 2021, 11:24:27 AM »
Good morning
(I'm a newbie)
I know this is not a forum for Chinese cnc's. I just can not find help anywhere.
My CNC is a DIY machine made from imported(China) parts and locally sourced parts.
Normally i love to solve my own problems but sometime you hit the roadblock.
MPG that i purchased overseas works fine to some extend (handwheel) works but all the selectors (axis)are dead.
Wiring checked and there should be no problem, but i'm not sure if Mach3 needs extra settings beside MPG enabled(after all it works or not )
Configuration is as follow.
Table size 480mmx480mm (not too big more like a router)
Controller board STB4100 (USB)
Software: Mach3 rev.3.041
Stepper motor boards: TB6600
MPG: Unknown make (Chinese)
I would appreciate if someone could point me to the topic that covers this kind of configuration.
Thank you,
welcome to the Forum. PLS post your Problem in the main Mach3 Forum, not in the New People welcome thread.
anything is possible, just try to do it.
if you find some mistakes, in my bad bavarian english,they are yours.
« Reply #2783 on: March 07, 2021, 07:59:56 AM »
Hello everyone ,
I have only just started working with cnc and I think I have some problems like everyone else.

So I would like to request some information from the advanced via this route., I have a problem with the output dimensions, I make a drawing of a square 10cm x 10cm and on the cnc machine it is made 20cmx20cm someone have an idea how to solve this, I work with mach4

Offline TPS

•  2,501 2,501
    • View Profile
« Reply #2784 on: March 07, 2021, 08:02:03 AM »
Hello everyone ,
I have only just started working with cnc and I think I have some problems like everyone else.

So I would like to request some information from the advanced via this route., I have a problem with the output dimensions, I make a drawing of a square 10cm x 10cm and on the cnc machine it is made 20cmx20cm someone have an idea how to solve this, I work with mach4
step's per unit is the Magic keyword butl pls. start a seperate Topic in General Mach4 aeria
anything is possible, just try to do it.
if you find some mistakes, in my bad bavarian english,they are yours.
« Reply #2785 on: March 17, 2021, 05:30:36 PM »
Hi All,
 Returning Mach user after 10 plus Years. Former plasma/ oxy fuel cutting table on steppers and a knee mill retrofit with DC servos. Now i am tackling a lathe retrofit with Mach4 and a DSPMCv3. A huge learning curve once again... I will search the forum as much as I can to find questions i will have and may ask the community for help to turn this project into a success. Thanks in advance. BK in Houston
« Reply #2786 on: March 27, 2021, 06:24:46 PM »
Hi, I'm Josh, wood shop manager at MakerSpace Charlotte in NC where we have 4 donated machines: XCarve, R7, ShopBot Desktop, and most recently a Grunblau 30x48 that has been upgraded with linear bearings.  It's this last machine that we've purchased Mach 4 to run and I have two main questions I'll be researching on this site.

1. The ESS or Mach seems to be rounding off some of the corners of my carves and it doesn't make sense.  I generate toolpaths with VCarve Pro and have a lot of experience on our other machines, none of those seem to do this so it seems the ESS is the likely culprit, but I'd love suggestions.

2. The Grunblau came with a Bosch router and I'd like to upgrade to a 2.2 kw spindle.  Any recommendations on the best spindle/VFD combinations out there and advice on controlling it with Mach 4 would be welcome.

Thanks!
Josh
« Reply #2787 on: March 27, 2021, 09:30:25 PM »
Hi josh,
best place your question on the Mach4 General Discussion board.

1. The ESS or Mach seems to be rounding off some of the corners of my carves and it doesn't make sense.  I generate toolpaths with VCarve Pro and have a lot of experience on our other machines, none of those seem to do this so it seems the ESS is the likely culprit, but I'd love suggestions.

There are two different questions to be answered here.

Firstly its not uncommon for Mach to display a toolpath which seems to take shortcuts to get around corners but the machine does not in fact take
those shortcuts. My understanding is the the toolpath display may have a different 'resolution' than the actual toolpath. This seems to happen when the
feed rate is high and you zoom in on a particular part of the toolpath display. I see this quite a bit when making PCBs. I regard it as a quirk of
Machs display as it does not get reflected in the finished result.

The second question is when the toolpath IS being 'blended' and indeed the toolpath does take shortcuts around corners. Mach is the trajectory planner
and it decides how the toolpath has to be to met its objectives. The ESS just carries out the trajectory. If a stepper cannot keep up with the ESS generated moves,
which are in turn specified by Machs trajectory, then the stepper either misses steps or stalls.

There are a number of influences on when and by how much a toolpath will be blended. Obviously if you select 'ExactStop' mode then NO toolpath blending will
occur. If, as 99% of users do, you use 'Constant Velocity' mode then blending does happen. In that circumstance there are some tuning parameters that you can tweak
but by far and away the most important fact is max machine acceleration. The faster the machine can accelerate the better it will follow a toolpath, any toolpath.
High acceleration is more important than high axis speed and often times is actually more important to overall cycle time than max velocity.

I suggest tune your machine to its highest reliable acceleration....even at modest expense of axis speed. Mach uses the max acceleration (in the motor tuning page)
to determine its CV strategy.

Craig

'I enjoy sex at 73.....I live at 71 so its not too far to walk.'
« Reply #2788 on: April 08, 2021, 10:02:18 PM »
Good day all

I joined recently as i have been rebuilding an old machine, its been a slow 3 year project and finally close to fruition.
I have been a welder for 24 years and built alot of different items.  I have a small shop and a plasma table would be very handy, every day it could be of use.
This project sure has tested my computer skills and my patience, hopefully it worth it.
« Reply #2789 on: April 26, 2021, 06:03:09 PM »
Hello, I new to cnc routing hopefully I can find some help here.