Hello Guest it is March 19, 2024, 05:47:20 AM

Author Topic: New people welcome !! Come in here and introduce your self!  (Read 4511581 times)

Offline GMcG

•  22 22
    • View Profile
Re: New people welcome !! Come in here and introduce your self!
« Reply #2110 on: July 02, 2015, 08:51:57 AM »
Thank you for the welcome. I worked through the issue. It was me that needed fixing. I'll look at the cad cam program. Free is usually a good place to start. There is tons of info here and am glad I found this forum.  I'll post future questions in a new question post. By the way how beneficial is a mist coolant system if you are milling mostly aluminum,bronze and brass?

GMcG

Offline Tweakie.CNC

•  9,195 9,195
  • Super Kitty
    • View Profile
« Reply #2111 on: July 02, 2015, 12:10:33 PM »
By the way how beneficial is a mist coolant system if you are milling mostly aluminum,bronze and brass?

Everybody to their own but I find the most important thing when machining any metals is to keep the work clear of the swarf during the machining operation so with machines that cannot handle flood coolant then air, with a small amount of cutting fluid (as a mist spray) is the next best thing.

Tweakie.
PEACE
« Reply #2112 on: July 04, 2015, 10:06:53 PM »
sup people new to cnc and using mach3 so hang on for the bumpy ride i have a lot of questions lol
« Reply #2113 on: July 04, 2015, 10:08:14 PM »
hello i am new to cnc and using software so i probably will drive you crazy with questions  lol
« Reply #2114 on: July 10, 2015, 05:35:09 PM »
hello evrerybody.I'sorry but i'm french.... i have build myself my cnc miller. i will try to give you somme pics of it . i love big rc plane and this is to build my big rc plane i have build my cnc miller.
i hope i can exchanche a lot of experiences here
« Reply #2115 on: July 18, 2015, 02:23:31 AM »
Hi!  My name is Mike.  I've been a computer programmer for a LOT of years, but I studied Mechanical Engineering in College.  So I built a CNC mill in my garage, and I want to merge my career skills with my passion for tinkering, and cut some chips!

I've been studying g-code a little, and recognize it's strictly an output language; so my first dumb question is does Mach (3 and/or 4) support some kind of programmability that includes geometric I/O?  For instance, say I have a setup, and I put some stock material in the vice, and I manually jog out to a position, and run a program which reads the current position and performs some intelligent operation, like cutting down to a target Z-face between the current XYZ position and the origin.  Can I write a program to do something like that; even if the program just generates and/or launches g-code program files?  I hope that isn't what plugins are for; that's too immutable - I'm thinking of something more like a user-level thing.

Anyway, I'm very excited to join the family of Mach users.

Mike
« Last Edit: July 18, 2015, 02:26:00 AM by m_brown »
« Reply #2116 on: July 18, 2015, 07:40:57 AM »
hello folks
I am Mukesh. I have 4 axis cnc router newly brought. I passes from some problem...
1: ref. to all problem,firstly do incorrectly then after sometime it do automatically goes correct dir

when I start my mach3 and cnc then i click on ref. to all.... XYZ axis goes correct direction and XYZ=0(mechanical coord.) but my A axis goes in opposite direction (it not goes towards the limit sensor.) then I restart mach3 and CNC both... again same problem occur... it occur 4-5 times. after 4-5 time ref.to all goes in correct direction. XYZ=0 also A axis goes in correct direction means A=0.

this problem is occur daily. what should I do?

2: power failure

suddenly when power goes off my cnc is stop at a point. and my computer is connected with UPS.. so program is running continuously but my cnc is stop because of power failure...

similarly if i remove UPS from computer and sudden power failure my cnc and computer goes off.. when power comes up. I start my mach3 and cnc... but i lost my current line from mach3...

Is there any option to save the program or log file of program... coz in NC-studio has a feature when power come ups nc- studio start from same point without reloading a file.

3. cnc off and mach3 run

when my cnc is in off condition and in my computer mach3 is run... when i do some operation in mach3 it will occur... it doesn't shows any error of port communication.

please help me from all this problem to resolve

Thanks
« Reply #2117 on: July 18, 2015, 10:36:19 AM »
hello folks
I am Mukesh. I have 4 axis cnc router newly brought. I passes from some problem...
1: ref. to all problem,firstly do incorrectly then after sometime it do automatically goes correct dir

when I start my mach3 and cnc then i click on ref. to all.... XYZ axis goes correct direction and XYZ=0(mechanical coord.) but my A axis goes in opposite direction (it not goes towards the limit sensor.) then I restart mach3 and CNC both... again same problem occur... it occur 4-5 times. after 4-5 time ref.to all goes in correct direction. XYZ=0 also A axis goes in correct direction means A=0.

this problem is occur daily. what should I do?

2: power failure

suddenly when power goes off my cnc is stop at a point. and my computer is connected with UPS.. so program is running continuously but my cnc is stop because of power failure...

similarly if i remove UPS from computer and sudden power failure my cnc and computer goes off.. when power comes up. I start my mach3 and cnc... but i lost my current line from mach3...

Is there any option to save the program or log file of program... coz in NC-studio has a feature when power come ups nc- studio start from same point without reloading a file.

3. cnc off and mach3 run

when my cnc is in off condition and in my computer mach3 is run... when i do some operation in mach3 it will occur... it doesn't shows any error of port communication.

please help me from all this problem to resolve

Thanks

« Reply #2118 on: July 22, 2015, 01:31:57 AM »
Hi Guys

I'm from south Africa and are running a big workshop that fabricate mining equipment and process plants. We have an massive machine shop doing all the machining in house but the old conventional way with only 2 nc lathes Takisawa TX210D\TX-3 that I have upgraded now with external communication system and cam software using SDcomms, a local cam software company.
This is where I got hooked to the whole CNC business. I have now converted a Rong-Fu 20 round column drill\mill to cnc using Mach 3 for hobby use at home. And also have a Lin Huan lathe that will be converted in the near future.
With 50% success converting the Mill\Drill to cnc as I do not have a lot of cnc background and machining skills I ended up in this forum for some advice and to learn from the experts on this Forum.

Thanks

« Reply #2119 on: July 23, 2015, 09:40:48 PM »
Hi All,

I'm from Perth, WA, I've just started on my CNC journey.. Bought 6040 from China. It's a USB only machine.

I am a complete beginner and I want to buy a licence (it was supplied with a crack).. Am I better off sticking with Mach3 as there is far more info out there? Or upgrade to Mach4?

I have an old computer running it that won't load the Mach4 demo, or any of the XP updates. But it is running the pirate copy of Mach3 ok (although the Z axis is upside down and I can't get it to reference home lol) 

Should I buy a new computer and Mach4? OR just stick with what I have and get a licence for Mach3?

Where is the best place to ask setup questions once I do get a Mach3/4?

Thanks,