Hello Guest it is March 18, 2024, 11:22:59 PM

Author Topic: New people welcome !! Come in here and introduce your self!  (Read 4511336 times)

Re: New people welcome !! Come in here and introduce your self!
« Reply #1060 on: March 06, 2011, 05:45:23 PM »
HI My name is Kevin (Eurofighter45) started intrest in  CNC over 3 years back will recivering after a Heart attack. Was on line looking at You tube and all the home made CNC machines. Always been intrested in woodwork and my trade is in electronics. Seemed a good idea to combine the two, not what the wife said. As I live in the UK found it hard at the start to find out about controll boards (Bought the Hobbycnc pro) mach3 and all the other things that I need to understand. Well after about 7 months built a machine around 1.2 m x 1.2 with working area just over 800mm x 800mm (idea was to be able to make doors for the Kitchen if I need them and need a goal of some sort + that was the size of the ball screws that I won on eBay). 1st machine was made of MDF and to be honest work a lot better that I thought it would, circles where circles. After a lot of thought and blagging from work used the 1st to build the second machine out of aluminium. Seems to work  well some issues in the flatness off my top,but what do expect from stuff that was due for the skip. have cut wood, brass, Aluminium and done engraving on glass that was fun. Need to get back to sorting out my flatness problem think the table is moving ( well is on a wooden floor do plane to fix that by sinking in concrete post then supporting table on them, just not enough time to do all the things. Then going top have a go at a wood clock that I brought the plane for end of last year. any way anyone reading all this probably need to get back to there machine as there seems to be so much to learn and not enough time.
Happy CNC-ing  ;D
« Reply #1061 on: March 08, 2011, 04:54:12 PM »
Hi everyone
Im new to the world of CNC! I live in cheshire near Manchester adn I want to start my own little craft business on the side of my full time job.
I bought a small merchant dice machine a few weeks ago however I am struggling to get it working! I lack understanding of how ti all works!
Currently the Y axis is stuck at one end and wont move back? :( this means i cant cut anything :( as i just gets stuck 

Any help would be much appreicated i really want to get it going but getting worried I cant fix it!

from what i have read everyone is very experienced on here so please help me!! I really need someone to show me how to work it really!

Thanks

Fran
« Reply #1062 on: March 08, 2011, 06:57:20 PM »
  ;D Firstly welcome aboard Fran
 is your machine fitted with limit switches if so check that they are correctly adjusted.most home position is set on the Y and X  axis to the left hand lower corner,If you stop the travel on the Y axis before it reaches it's full travel will it return to the centre , will need this information  what driver is your machine using.Mach3 or some other programme
I am only new to cnc myself hope this may be of help ???

Dick      
« Last Edit: March 08, 2011, 07:04:57 PM by TRICKEY »

Offline slc

•  1 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #1063 on: March 09, 2011, 08:55:41 AM »
Hi everyone, my name is Steve. This is my first post.  I came here with a problem but while waiting for my registration approval I found the answer to my problem by reading the documentation  ;D
« Reply #1064 on: March 09, 2011, 02:25:26 PM »
 ::) Welcome aboard Steve
Which of us can throw the first stone?
If all else fails read the direction

Dick  ;)
« Reply #1065 on: March 09, 2011, 03:17:10 PM »
Hi.  My name is Travis and I am new to CNC but have just built a 4 x 4 ft router.  Running mach 3 and cut2D.  This is my latest project with no real purpose in mind.
About me:  General Surgeon in NC.  Spend a lot of time on call and having to stay close to home.  i use this time to do projects such as the router.  Other hobbies include long range shooting, reloading, varmint hunting and xbox.  My wife allows me to live in the garage with lots of stuff to keep me busy when I am not at the hospital :)  I look forward to picking the brains of the forum users to further my knowledge of Mach3.  - Travis
« Reply #1066 on: March 09, 2011, 04:31:47 PM »
  ;D Welcome aboard Travis

I'm sure that the more experienced C N C operators will be glad to assist

Dick
« Reply #1067 on: March 10, 2011, 05:58:48 PM »
thanks for your reply dick, i dont know what limit switchs are?!  no if i stop they travel it doesnt move back tot he centre it stays wherre it is. im using mach3.
thanks for your help
fran
« Reply #1068 on: March 10, 2011, 06:43:38 PM »
 :)  Hi Fran
I am only new to C N C my self and my knowledge is limited but if you have not downloaded the mach 3 manual I would strongly advise you to do so.The limit switches are not the source of this problem,and you may have to check that power from the break out board is getting to the stepper motor as it may have a broken wire.or you may want to check that you have it wired correctly to that motor.
that is just about the extent of my knowledge.Hope some one else will jump in assist you 

Dick

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
« Reply #1069 on: March 10, 2011, 06:47:59 PM »
Please post any questions you have in their own topic,  either the General forum (probably best) or one of the specific forums.
This thread doesnt get too many people looking at it and also it is preferred if it is just kept as an introduction thread rather than a Q&A thread.
Hood