Hello Guest it is March 18, 2024, 10:01:53 PM

Author Topic: New people welcome !! Come in here and introduce your self!  (Read 4511300 times)

Re: New people welcome !! Come in here and introduce your self!
« Reply #140 on: February 23, 2008, 12:39:00 AM »
Hello All, I'm Art  aka Dragon5X5X5. I am a Hydro Field Mechanic U.A. member. I have a little jet lathe I got a few years back I play with, and I just got a CNC TL512  to play with. I'm not real  hip to CNC AND all the lingo yet. Been interested for some time, and look forward to learning a thing or two from all you, I hope. I'm live in Central , California and try to enjoy all I can.          Art
« Reply #141 on: February 23, 2008, 07:49:08 PM »
hi, just fumbled into this site from hsm [timewarp's post] watched a couple of the vids and got hooked, i have a reasonable workshop with all the usual machines, but never thought about having a go at cnc, too scared i guess, but i have a nasty feeling that that may change, I'm looking for something to occupy myself as a lot of the heavy stuff is now off limits due to a little heart surgery, i think something like this would give me a bit of a lift as it were, anyway the next bit is which one to build? any advice fore a complete beginner would be appreciated
regards
mark
« Reply #142 on: March 02, 2008, 01:22:53 PM »
I am a new user and am trying to setup a maxnc cl system on a laptop.
I have been in cnc for 30 years but I aint too smart on the PC side.
I want to use my system for my alter ego's of art and engineering.
my personal web sit is www.weatherlycustomdesigns.com.
check it out.
P/S is it possible to run the controller through the usb port of a laptop or do I need to use a docking station??????????????
« Reply #143 on: March 03, 2008, 04:42:46 PM »
Hi, I'm Dan and I'm a cnc junky, (hi Dan). :P I've worked for a major cnc maker for 8 years now and finally got around to getting my own small machine. I found mach 3 and decided it has the best possibilities for customizing.  Now if I could just learn Flash!!!  :D
« Reply #144 on: March 04, 2008, 06:55:54 PM »
Hello,

My name is Mike.  I am in Las Vegas, Nevada.  I am very new to CNC machining and just purchased my Mach 3 license.  I see there is a lot of info in this forum and I am sure it will answer any questions I may have.
« Reply #145 on: March 05, 2008, 02:06:56 PM »
Hi, I'm Tor Arne. I built my own 3 axis router last year and use it mainly for RC model work. This machine is my first experience with CNC or machining, though I've wanted one for many years, and I love making stuff with it. I am an aircraft technician by profession.
« Reply #146 on: March 06, 2008, 04:58:20 AM »
Hi all,
I am very new to CNC and hope to gain a lot from this forum it looks very good.

I am retired after selling my business and have for several years been wood turning and general wood working so decided to have a go with a CNC router it is being delivered today so wait for the screams of frustration as I try to get my head around it all. Regards Ray
« Reply #147 on: March 06, 2008, 06:22:25 AM »
Hi all,
I am very new to CNC and hope to gain a lot from this forum it looks very good.

I am retired after selling my business and have for several years been wood turning and general wood working so decided to have a go with a CNC router it is being delivered today so wait for the screams of frustration as I try to get my head around it all. Regards Ray
« Reply #148 on: March 17, 2008, 02:28:46 PM »
Jeff George here, phsyics teacher, wood turner, cnc hopeful. I am considering buying a mill, converting to cnc. I want to engrave my name in the brass bands of my custom duck calls. Perhapes even do some "fancy" carving on them. Is this possible with a cnc mill with mach3 running. I am completely ignorant of cnc and mills for that matter. I do know that a rotary table will be needed, can the rotary table be treated as the y-axis for carving on a round duck call? Any help will be much appreciated. You can email me directly at skyratcalls@yahoo.com. Help with understanding what to purchase, steppers, mill, ect. also appreciated. Still throwing around the idea of building my own machine as I have noticed several plans on the net.
« Reply #149 on: March 18, 2008, 08:50:18 PM »
Hi,

I'm Randy, a recently liberated (downsized) mechanical engineer.  I've been running Mach for about a year and a half in the guise of PCNC3 on my Tormach mill.  I'm building up a lathe and want to use Mach3 on it, but am having a heck of a time downloading a clean copy of either 2.63 or 3.037.  The MD5 sums keep changing (on four copies of each!) and fc shows 115-130 words difference on each copy.

But aside from that, my interest is in model railroading, specifically in modeling the 1930's streamlined passenger trains in N scale.

Best regards,

Randy

Edit:  Brian the webguy is now putting the current Mach version on the FTP site along with the downrevs.  Thanks, Brian!
« Last Edit: March 29, 2008, 07:43:42 PM by zephyr9900 »