Hello Guest it is March 19, 2024, 06:34:41 AM

Author Topic: New people welcome !! Come in here and introduce your self!  (Read 4511605 times)

Re: New people welcome !! Come in here and introduce your self!
« Reply #1170 on: May 17, 2011, 03:21:05 PM »
 ;D
Hi John welcome aboard and great to hear that you are learning so much,the one thing  that we learn about our hobbies the  more there is to learn. thank you for introducing yourself but all questions should be entered onto the general forum site where I'm sure that you will get the answers to your questions.

Dick  ;)

Offline geone

•  23 23
    • View Profile
« Reply #1171 on: May 17, 2011, 03:26:45 PM »
Howdy:
I am trying Mach3 to see if it will drive the hardware we are using.  As you might expect, we are having some problems getting started.  The main problem we are having is rapid movement and signal crosstalk.  The equipment we are using is new:

nema 34 hybrid stepper(s)  WT85STH151-3004A (bipolar) 1600 oz
2ph stepper motor driver(s) SD-2H086MB
24vdc/8.5amp power supply

We trying to develop a 4 axis prototype device with little experience in CNC hardware.  Our device has a requirement for rapid positioning and we cannot seem to achieve more than 200in/min  (500 steps/200in/min setting using the software [motor tuning and setup]).  Any step settings higher than that or in/min cause the rotor to chatter and become static and stop turning.  We have tried all combinations of dip switch settings (driver) and software settings (motor tuning) with the same results.  Question:

Does the motor tuning in Mach3 negate the dip switch setting on the driver....must they be the same?  Thanks much for any suggestions.

nubie
geo

[url=http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vance_Miller]Kitchen[/url] sink CNC
« Reply #1172 on: May 17, 2011, 09:02:19 PM »
Hi, I'm Roger from the Bay Area.  I'm a rank amateur CNC hacker who acquired a Chinese 3 in 1 machine (Shopmaster 2000??) and promptly added steppers, drive electronics, and a used EBAY laptop.  My dream is to have fun making things out of metal and plastic in my garage but do it without the very long process of learning how to be a full blown machinist first. 

It turns out, truing up cheap Chinese 3 in 1 machines turns you into a machinist weather you like it or not  ;D

I used CNCPRO for a while and decided to upgrade everything so I could run Windows 7 and do advanced things like CNC threading.  That lead me to the no-brainer investment of Mach3. 

So here I am.  Looking for advice and inspiration on this really cool forum. 

See you all around.

Offline geone

•  23 23
    • View Profile
« Reply #1173 on: May 18, 2011, 12:30:39 PM »
Help!
How do you make a post in the General Discussion section....
Thanks mucho
geo
« Reply #1174 on: May 18, 2011, 01:38:13 PM »
When in the General Discussion forum, use the 'New Topic' button on the upper left of the window.
vicrider
« Reply #1175 on: May 18, 2011, 03:54:24 PM »
 ;D
Hi Roger and Geo welcome aboard
Roger and Geo CNC is a very additive Hobey and until Mach3 came on the scene very expensive and well out of the the reach of many of us.
 Roger if you address your questions to the general forum I'm sure that you will get good advice

Dick  ;)   
« Reply #1176 on: May 31, 2011, 05:45:01 PM »
Hello my name is lLarry I'm from Canada. I've been building guitars now for couple of years now. And decided to build my own CNC so I'm new here.
« Reply #1177 on: May 31, 2011, 06:03:37 PM »
 ;D
Hi Larry welcome aboard it is always a good thing to move outside your comfort zone and learn new things and if you can start a new hobby that will help you with your old interests, well so much the better.
I'm sure that any questions that you may have will be answered if you put them to the general forum.

Dick  ;)

Offline Thys

•  30 30
    • View Profile
« Reply #1178 on: June 01, 2011, 02:00:01 AM »
morning all, I'm Thys, only been here for a few weeks. I am trying to post a few pics of my rig. now the silly question, how does one post a pic. :(

Offline Tweakie.CNC

•  9,195 9,195
  • Super Kitty
    • View Profile
« Reply #1179 on: June 01, 2011, 02:19:42 AM »
Hi Thys,

Welcome to the forum buddy - It is nice to see that you are already helping others to get their machines working.  :)

If you click on Reply (not quick reply) enter your message then click on Additional Options you can Choose File to select your picture, attachment etc.

Tweakie.
« Last Edit: June 01, 2011, 02:22:32 AM by Tweakie.CNC »
PEACE