Hello Guest it is March 19, 2024, 02:12:41 AM

Author Topic: New people welcome !! Come in here and introduce your self!  (Read 4511455 times)

Re: New people welcome !! Come in here and introduce your self!
« Reply #190 on: August 20, 2008, 08:29:41 PM »
Hi. My name is Craig. I have had a Shopmaster Patriot for a couple of months. I am now ready to put CNC on and am sure I will need help.

Offline josh

•  101 101
    • View Profile
« Reply #191 on: August 20, 2008, 08:37:56 PM »
craig
you came to the right place you will be blown away
of how much knowledge you can find here. and not
only that people are very cool here
« Reply #192 on: August 24, 2008, 04:41:18 AM »
Hello everyone,

My name is Jeff and I live on the Isle of Arran, Scotland. Just finishing up my CNC router build and starting to get to grips with Mach3. I've used Solidworks for many years and although CAM software is a little different, I'm not having too many problems with it. Mach3 however is a different kettle of fish  :) I have a few questions right off the bat (but for another section) so any help anyone can give will be graciously received.

Regards, Jeff.
« Reply #193 on: August 25, 2008, 05:37:54 AM »
Hello everyone,
I'm Gianluca from Italy .
I'm enjoying  Mach 3 since few months despite had some electronic and software problem being of mechanic background .
My cnc machine is a lathe converted to cnc by driving the main feed screw and installing an additional slide on the bench.

best regards and thanks

Gianluca
« Reply #194 on: September 01, 2008, 09:52:40 PM »
hi all ....
i'm james, i'm new about CNC,i come from indonesia, i learn about mach3.
« Reply #195 on: September 07, 2008, 02:19:17 AM »
Hi my name is Marcin I'm from Poland. I build my own plasma cutting table and now I start learn mach3 controll software. On this forum I see that people can do amazing things with Mach3 so i want introduce and start learn :). My machine works good with THC I need to add auto tool zero position on function G28 (it is easy) but I have one problem. When I start Mach3 every time I have to change scale on X and Y axis to 1.0066 and sometime I forgot do this. If sameone know what I can do to make change scale on startup mach in best option will be great. Now I can set scale in VB macropump but  I suppose that it isn't good way (is another better options)
I try in this week put photo or film how my machine work
best regards
Marcin
« Reply #196 on: September 08, 2008, 11:08:19 PM »
Ray Livingston here, from Santa Cruz, CA, USA.  I'm on my second CNC conversion.  The first was a stepper conversion on a Grizzly mini-mill.  The current one is a servo conversion on a full-sized knee mill, using Gecko G320s and Mach3.  Today I added a SmoothStepper.  I'll be doing low-volume production of a variety of parts for old Jaguar cars.

Regards,
Ray L.
Regards,
Ray L.
« Reply #197 on: September 11, 2008, 10:43:10 PM »
i just joined tonight! i have been using the older free demo for the last 2 years ,and never took time to find the forum. i have been posting questions on the yahoo group,but never new about this place at all . i downloaded the new version last week and purchase a key tonight.  i love the mach product ,and very excited to have finally found the forum. thanks a head of time to all of the support i will be recieving on this forum!

alex shunnarah
« Reply #198 on: September 17, 2008, 09:48:47 AM »
Thanks to all for the invite!
I'm very new to CNC work, in fact my machine hasn't even arrived yet (Ez-Router 48) but I have been wandering around looking at software, downloading demos and studying a lot to get a little headstart on it. Been watching the Mach3 video tuts and learning from posts from all the wealth of knowledge on this BB.
My background is commercial graphics, been in the sign business in rural western Tennessee for over 40 years, started when practically everything was done by hand. I have hand-carved, sand-blasted and hand painted signs since the beginning of my sign career and have had computerized vinyl cutters for the past 20 years. My small business offers a broad range of services from graphic design, illustration, photography, website dvelopment, hand lettering and dimensional signage. My main desire for CNC ability was to do the rough out on wood signs to save time and cut stress on the old hands but I'm already realizing there will be a lot more valuable uses for it.
 Hope to be able to add to the BB in the future.

Larry Elliott
Elliott Sign & Design
 ;Daka Scootie

« Reply #199 on: September 24, 2008, 09:30:58 AM »
Hi all,
I'm a mechanical engineering technology student at the University of Maine. I'm using Mach 3 to control a cnc plasma cutter I just finished building. Just saying hi and introducing myself.

Travis