Hello Guest it is March 19, 2024, 12:12:04 AM

Author Topic: New people welcome !! Come in here and introduce your self!  (Read 4511382 times)

Re: New people welcome !! Come in here and introduce your self!
« Reply #1310 on: November 03, 2011, 02:41:39 AM »
   ;D
Hi gozos,Colten,Delvis and Mike welcome aboard you all sound like you have a few things planed and some are more advanced than others sorry that I was not around when you dropped in and introduced yourselves.
Any questions that you may have should be addressed to the general forum there is a lot of knowledge there to be tapped

Dick  ;) 
« Reply #1311 on: November 03, 2011, 08:17:12 PM »
Hi. My name is Kevin. I am a noob here and have just bought my first CNC mill. I hope to get it up and running using Mach3, but I am going to need a little help.

I have been machining now for 14 years. I started out in Aerospace and have made parts for really cool government projects like the space station and various presidential aircraft like AF1. I have ran all kinds of CNC machines from 2 to 8 axis. Manuals as well. I am now working in a shop specializing in Racing products and have actually seen parts I have made cruising around the Indy 500 track (during a caution LOL). I've had a rewarding career and love machining and taking on new challenges. So it is about time I got my own machine! I currently program and machine using Mastercam X5 and Haas vertical mills. My co-workers call me the rotary ninja because I do a lot of 4 axis programming =)

I look forward to learning from this forum and hope to help out where I can.

Thanks,
Kevin

« Reply #1312 on: November 03, 2011, 11:21:50 PM »
   ;D
Hi Kevin welcome aboard,with a background such as your's, you will be able to assist in the discussions in the general forum.
Thank you for dropping by and introducing yourself

Dick   ;) 
« Reply #1313 on: November 04, 2011, 11:13:55 AM »
Hi all.  I'm Doug.

Got a mill about 9 months ago and now converting to NC.  Using Mach so figured I should learn more about it!
Having a "weird" problem with Kernel speed but that will be posted elsewhere...

Background:  Work at very large Aerospace/Defense company.  Was an NC programmer using UGS NX, now in a different area.  May move back to NC 'cause I liked it way more than my current job.

Thanks

-Doug
« Reply #1314 on: November 04, 2011, 02:38:13 PM »
   ;D
Hi Doug welcome aboard, happy that you dropped in and introduced yourself,sad that you are not happy where you are working now,one thing that I have learnt, you must be happy at work or you ain't happy anywhere, money cannot compensate,  when it's a chore to go to the job, man  you find it hard to do the job well
 As you have stated when you need help with your project the general forum is where you should address your queries,
 there is a lot of knowledgeable people there that can help.

Dick  ;)   

« Reply #1315 on: November 04, 2011, 03:56:47 PM »
new here for sure :) name is Justin owner and operator of Overkill Race Cars LLC i build mostly drag race stuff but also have a growing line of H-body (monza, vega, sunbird...etc) suspension parts. i had a torchmate 1 cnc plasma table for about 5 years (what a piece of crap!!) recently bought the part's to build a new plasma table and chose mach 3 to run it. got some learning to do.

thanks,
Justin
« Reply #1316 on: November 04, 2011, 04:09:39 PM »
   ;D
Hi Justin welcome aboard,I'm sure that if you address any questions that you may have to the general forum,the guys will get you up to speed very quickly,
Thank you for dropping by and introducing yourself

Dick   ;)

Offline Lou

•  23 23
    • View Profile
« Reply #1317 on: November 05, 2011, 03:47:27 AM »
 Hello,

My name is Lou and I live in Melbourne Australia, I have just purchase a cnc Router machine and I'm trying to get things up and running.
The machine I have purchased is a WGIT CNC 6040 I have also installed Mach3 as the operating system.
I have followed in instructions on the tutorial on the Artsoft web site to the letter, my problem is that I can jog okay and I see the movement on my DRO on the software however my motors do not move any of  the axis on the machine.

When I push the arrow keys on the keyboard the y axis motor makes a grinding noise as if the motor drive is slipping on the end of the screw attachment. I get no movement on any of the axis, and I get no motor sound at all on the other two axis or movement.

Has anyone had this sort of problem and are you able to give me some advise on how to get my CNC up and running please.   :'(

Thanh you for the opportunity to join the forum and looking forward to the challenges of cnc world

Cheers for now,

Lou
« Reply #1318 on: November 05, 2011, 06:07:20 PM »
   ;D
Hi Lou welcome aboard, sorry that you are having problems, this is purely a introduction site, all technical questions should be addressed to the General forum where there is a lot of knowledge, and I'm sure that you will get the answers, you can access the general forum from this page

Thank you for dropping by introducing yourself

Dick  ;)   

Offline Lou

•  23 23
    • View Profile
« Reply #1319 on: November 10, 2011, 03:52:04 AM »
Hello Lou here from Melbourne Australia,

I,m new and need to know how does one go about starting a new post on this  site??
I need information on jogging

Regards.

Lou G