Hello Guest it is March 19, 2024, 07:01:24 AM

Author Topic: New people welcome !! Come in here and introduce your self!  (Read 4511616 times)

Re: New people welcome !! Come in here and introduce your self!
« Reply #2510 on: October 30, 2017, 09:39:17 PM »
Hi Cheska,
welcome. Those questions are best asked on the main Mach Discussion Board where more people will read it.

Sounds like your home switches, if you have them, are not quite working right.

Craig
'I enjoy sex at 73.....I live at 71 so its not too far to walk.'
« Reply #2511 on: October 30, 2017, 11:52:36 PM »
Hi,

Billy here. I am more or less totally new to CNC. I have a Sherline 4 axis mill. I just ordered a new controller and Mach3 software from a supplier in New York. I assume the Mach3 license will arrive with the rest of the parts.  It should arrive soon. The current computer is running Linux and EMC. It is old and I decided to replace it with a windows machine.

I downloaded a demo copy of Mach3 and have been writing some test programs to cut circles and squares and such. At the moment I am trying to learn gcode. I build vacuum tube guitar amps and need to cut squares and circles in the chassis. I managed to muddle through that on a couple of chassis with the old EMC software.

I am a old guy with lots of time to learn this stuff. It is kinda fun most of the time but a bit hard to figure out at times. I am sure I will have a few questions for you guys as time go on.

I also have in mind to build a cnc machine to control a Oxy/Acetylene torch to cut thick steel parts. 
« Reply #2512 on: October 31, 2017, 11:04:39 AM »
I bought used romaxx wd 1, and bought mach 3 but it won't interface with the machine. Help
Tony
« Reply #2513 on: October 31, 2017, 02:05:53 PM »
Hi,
welcome. That's a pretty broad complaint. Why don't you post on the main Mach3 Discussion Board and with some more specifics we may be able
to help.

Craig
« Reply #2514 on: November 01, 2017, 06:23:25 AM »
I downloaded the software and it will work as far as running one the pre loaded tool paths, but the machine doesn't respond. I have a double ended 28 pin cable, could it not be using the right port.
I am retired and have been running Motion Master routers for almost 20 yrs.    Tony
Tony
« Reply #2515 on: November 01, 2017, 06:32:11 AM »
Hi Tony,
I think there may be a little confusion, to sort it out start a thread on the main Mach3 board where others can see, read and participate in it, well get some details
and get started.

Craig
« Reply #2516 on: November 01, 2017, 05:58:15 PM »
rocmen herei built a cnc router set it up when i reference all  my y axis has 2 motors they go the same way until l it hits the limit/home switch then the a axis go in reverse do i need a separate
home switch thanks for help rocmen
« Reply #2517 on: November 05, 2017, 01:58:31 AM »
Hi! I'm Ronald Taylor and I spend most of my time working on my robotics experiment using my personal computer as the primary controller together with my microprocessors.
I interfaced my program in order for me to manipulate and monitor my work's activities.
I used C++ and Turbo, and currently practicing SCADA for further advancements.
I live in 135 Martha Street, KENNESAW, Georgia.
And I believe that our knowledge to today's advancement provides us the greater opportunity for preparing what future may bring, as what Neufur stands for, that comfortability must never be neglected nor concealed especially for hobbyists and console gamers.
« Reply #2518 on: November 06, 2017, 09:14:41 PM »
Hi all I am Josh, I live in Okinawa, Japan. I am new to CNC bought a little China CNC Zone 6040z USB about a week ago. I am still trying to figure it all out. I currently make shadow boxes and the like for military and some small odds and ends projects for some Okinawan friends and trying to expand.

I am running Mach3 to control the CNC and Vectric Aspire to design everything, I have designed a few small projects to get started with, including pre-builds to flatten the spoil board, make the bolt holes, and grid lines... just simple stuff right now and I haven't been able to run any of it yet so... I am excited to get into it.

I found this site and joined because all the useful info that helped me get this far in the setup, and I am sure others will help me complete setup and get running.

Look forward to the journey!
« Reply #2519 on: November 09, 2017, 11:57:15 AM »
Have new CNC machine. Mach 3 demo works. Mach 3 full version did not. Port #1 address defaults to dx010. Parallel port is not on-board type and address is D010. Pins in Diagnostics no longer green Used to have several pins green. Might we missing a driver as well? Appreciate any help we can get.