Hello Guest it is March 19, 2024, 01:52:33 AM

Author Topic: New people welcome !! Come in here and introduce your self!  (Read 4511442 times)

Re: New people welcome !! Come in here and introduce your self!
« Reply #1530 on: August 25, 2012, 08:27:43 PM »
Hey guys,  Pretty new here but I just had to get a new controller for my cnc but am still running mach 3 just like I did with the first controller.  But when i go to carve out a project it is carving it out about 1/4 of the size it is suppose to be.  Do you have some suggestions as to what could be the issue.  Thanks
« Reply #1531 on: August 25, 2012, 08:48:14 PM »
You might have to re-set the steps of your motors.
Only one way to Get-er-Done......Do-er-Right!
« Reply #1532 on: August 25, 2012, 08:54:21 PM »
How might I do that
« Reply #1533 on: August 26, 2012, 08:45:57 AM »
It has been quite some time since I had to do the same, I was getting 40% larger.  I do not remember exactly, I will look at my notes and try to duplicate it. Then I will get back to you.

In the mean time go to general discussion with the same topic, not new members.  There are a lot of my knowledgeable people there that could help you faster that I. These people possibly are not watching the New Member forum.
« Reply #1534 on: August 28, 2012, 03:23:45 PM »
Hi. i am Bruce from Scotland and I am an alchao........... Sorry wrong forum!!

Just completing my first cnc. you can see the build on mycncuk.com..a scrapyard challenge.

I am a landscaper but also have done a lot of woodturning. I used to be a mechanical design engineer and it is so much harder to build these things with just a chopsaw, basic pillar drill and hand tools  than it is to tell your staff to make you one. Oh how I have missed them. Any way its nearly done so I am off to start asking stupid questions about mach 3

Bruce
« Reply #1535 on: August 28, 2012, 09:57:32 PM »
Hi everybody,

I am new to the world of CNC but after seeing numerous Youtube videos on the subject I knew I had to give it a shot. I ordered plans from David Steele and built my own router table. I have been able to play with it a little bit using LazyCam to write the code but I am trying to find a book or website so that I understand the code. I have a bunch of questions and I am sure reading and searching the forum will answer but hopefully I will have better luck just posting them here. Is there a way to break up a long code? I used V-Carve to model a sign and create the code but when I use Mach's estimated run time function it is over 22 hours. I know I can do a little more tweaking and adjust the feed rate higher but I was wondering if there is a way to split the code into 3 or 4 hour intervals. The next question is I have my machine set to use inches but I have some parts that need to be cut and they were drawn in millimeters, do I need to reconfigure the machine or is there an easy way to go from inch to mm?

@ Ice CNC  If you click on the configuration tab at the top of the Mach screen and go to motor tuning you can adjust your steps per inch there.
« Reply #1536 on: September 02, 2012, 07:58:51 PM »
Greetings to all;

My name is Pete Nunez and I am new to the forum and also new to CNC. I recently purchased a Phlatprinter 3, a hobby grade cnc machine which is powered by a Gecko G540 using Mach3. I was wondering if anyone could tell me or point me in the right direction in regards to the calibration of this machine. So far all systems perform well, with very few bugs, however it would be great to learn how to go about the calibration procedure.

thank you, hope hear from all of you soon;

Pete
« Reply #1537 on: September 03, 2012, 07:16:20 AM »
Welcome aboard.......I also am a newer member, about 4 months.  The first thing you need to do is down load the Mach manuals. 

The manuals have all the step by step info you need. Trust me, I could tell you but you will learn nothing. Nothing like you will learn by reading it and doing the steps yourself.

Good luck.
Bob
« Reply #1538 on: September 03, 2012, 09:57:49 PM »
HELLO
I AM TRYING TO DECIDE ON PROCEEDING USING A GALIL1842 AND ICM2900 I ALREADY HAVE TO CONTROL PWM SERVO DRIVES ALREADY IN MILL OR WOULD I BE WISE TO UPGRADE TO NEWER TECHNOLOGY  CONTROLLER WITH LESS PROBLEMS IE EATHERNET ,CSMIO OR SIMILAR. IN READING GALIL FORM I SEE QUITE A FEW PROBLEMS AND INCONSISTANT OPERATION. I COULD BE INTERPERTING THE RESPONSES INCORRECTLY... WAITING FOR RESPONSES ?
« Reply #1539 on: September 08, 2012, 09:06:06 AM »
So, after 2 about years... I finally have time to to do this.... I built a cnc using Probotix boards and motors way back when.....now the learning fun begins. I also downloaded vcarve to try out...still looking for the right program to use in my cabinet shop, after I survive the mach setup process....lol
Glad to be here... I'm sure I will have many questions after searching the board

Jerry