Hello Guest it is October 22, 2019, 09:20:55 PM

Author Topic: New people welcome !! Come in here and introduce your self!  (Read 3435920 times)

Offline Tweakie.CNC

•  7,956 7,956
  • Super Kitty
    • View Profile
    • Tweakie.CNC
Re: New people welcome !! Come in here and introduce your self!
« Reply #2450 on: June 13, 2017, 06:38:18 AM »
Hi James,

Welcome.

I believe in learning 'hands-on' - then, when things go pear-shaped, the Mach3 manuals and videos are here http://www.machsupport.com/help-learning/

Tweakie.
Success consists of going from failure to failure without loss of enthusiasm.  Winston Churchill.
« Reply #2451 on: June 14, 2017, 12:01:43 PM »
Hello All, I cant say that I am going to be a regular poster but I do value the knowledge that forums hold. I am a 30 year old TEXAN that enjoys many hobbies. 3D printing and CNC being 2 relevant ones to yall. (yes I said yall because TEXAS remember)

« Reply #2452 on: June 19, 2017, 01:13:03 PM »
Hi All, 1st post to say Hello and thank you for the knowledge gained so far to everybody here.
Searching through to see if I can find the solution to my problem at the moment. Might have to start a thread with my issue, but will hang fire to see if I can find the answers on here :-)
« Reply #2453 on: June 27, 2017, 08:50:20 AM »
Hi!
Newbie here from Toronto, Canada. I recently picked up an old LC-30 mill and plan to add steppers to get CNC control.

As a starting point I decided I would try to get a DRO working using Ditron magnetic scales and using Mach3 (demo mode) to display the coordinates.  I installed the X scale yesterday and connected it to the parallel port and played with the Counts/Unit setting in the Encoder tab of ports and pins and it's now working (sort of). If I move the table say 1" the DRO reading on the settings tab will usually be within 0.001", however if I spin the hand wheel as fast as I can for a few inches, it seems like I miss the odd pulse here and there (assumption at this point) and the error can be say 10-50 mils.

Perhaps I need to tweak either the velocity setting (presently default value of 100) or increase the Kernel speed (presently 25000Hz)

I'm finding the mach3 manual somewhat lacking in detail, I'm wondering if the copies I'm using are not the full blown manual? (Mach3Mill_1.84.pdf (5705KB) and Mach3Mill_Install_config.pdf (4213KB)

« Reply #2454 on: June 27, 2017, 04:26:31 PM »
Hi all .I have been working on a 4 axis gecko 320x based controller.
« Reply #2455 on: July 04, 2017, 02:11:48 PM »
Hi, my name is Richard, from Montego Bay, Jamaica. i run a sign shop making headstones . Bought a hasse router which was run by pc-nc a german program. I am now having to change the motors and drivers. my research is showing that i will get the most help by going with mach3 software. i hope i am not wrong.
« Reply #2456 on: July 29, 2017, 08:26:14 PM »
Hi everyone my father and I just purchased a grizzly g0463 that was converted over to fully cnc x,y,z stepper motors 400 oz/in, gecko drivers, & Mach 3 software.

I am trying to remember back to when I ran a Prototrak for my G &.M code days but that was 17 years ago.  One question I have is how do you move the z axis.  I have the x, y down with the keyboard arrow just can't figure the z.

Thanks

Bob

Offline Tweakie.CNC

•  7,956 7,956
  • Super Kitty
    • View Profile
    • Tweakie.CNC
« Reply #2457 on: July 30, 2017, 01:03:40 AM »
Hi Bob,

Welcome.

The Z axis is usually on the keyboard Page Up / Page Down keys.

Tweakie.
Success consists of going from failure to failure without loss of enthusiasm.  Winston Churchill.
« Reply #2458 on: July 30, 2017, 05:05:47 AM »
Thanks I will give  it a try

Bob
« Reply #2459 on: August 11, 2017, 12:39:37 AM »
Newby here just bought a new CNC with a Mach3 USB controller, I'm having issues with it an need some help.

Thanks,
Joe