Hello Guest it is March 19, 2024, 03:50:33 AM

Author Topic: New people welcome !! Come in here and introduce your self!  (Read 4511504 times)

Re: New people welcome !! Come in here and introduce your self!
« Reply #1750 on: June 10, 2013, 05:47:20 AM »
Hello All,

My name's Wolfgang and I have had an interest in home CNC for a while. I have previously set up a Sherline Mill with home built controller and DeskCNC software. This was a long but enjoyable process. I recently purchased a Chinese TS3040C Engraver/Router from eBay and am learning how to set this up using Mach3. It is a most enjoyable learning experience. Mach3 is more impressive than I could have imagined and the support forum even more impressive.

I'll look forward to posting questions when I get stuck, and hopefully assist others if I can.

My background is Electronic engineering and I enjoy computer and microcontroller controlled interfacing.

Let you know how I get on.

Regards,

Wolf from Oz
« Reply #1751 on: June 10, 2013, 04:45:19 PM »
Hi all, Im William. I have been a welder/fabricator for 14 years, my job is also my hobby! Im currently in the middle of building a V8 powered mini (long project!!) I have built up a workshop at home over the last 10 years and love nothing more to be in there making stuff. Last year i got the bug about a CNC plasma cutter, but alas i could not afford it. So then i thought to myself i would try and build a small CNC router machine, to see if i could achieve it. Well, hours on sketchup and google gave me the design i wanted, then at the begining of the year i bought all the componets i needed, made the frame etc etc. Now i am here, having recently purchased a license. I am here because im about to take a very large hammer to my new CNC router!! If someone could point me the right direction to start a project thread, or problem thread i would appreciate it. I have been through what seemed to be every page on here but didnt manage to find an answer ( although it probably is here somewhere) Look forward to hearing from you.

Offline Tweakie.CNC

•  9,195 9,195
  • Super Kitty
    • View Profile
« Reply #1752 on: June 11, 2013, 01:42:45 AM »
Hi William,

Welcome to the forum.

Just post you problem as a new topic in the General section. It would help if you could give as many details as possible regarding your setup (motors driver type, etc. etc.).

Tweakie.
PEACE
« Reply #1753 on: June 11, 2013, 10:36:42 AM »
Hi / Bonjour

Here is a bit of myself and the problem I need help for.

I am not a machinist nor an engeneer, I am teaching Kinesiology at University... mainly everything that goes aroung adaptation/readaptation and physical activity. Following this I did start to buiild adapted ski equipment and I trained my student to become instructors in adapted sports ...

I self learn to use solid edge, bought a Small Benford mill CNC already using Mach 2, learn how to use it (with all the mistake you could imagine), bought a press, a metal bender and recently a manual metal lathe (futur project will be to convert it to CNC).

Problems : Recently, I moved and during the transport I do believe that the Mill CNC did not like it  :-\ and I have been trying since last december to fix it. I have changed the breakboard, and switch from Mach2 to the newest Mach3 version.  Did try to transfers all info from Mach 2 to Mach 3 in the ports&pins... but as of now here is what I have been able to do.

I am using a combo Board Rev 5. When I load the mach 3, pwr led gets on as well as led9 which is the charge pump I beleive. Arrow key makes the X,Y and Z axis moving on the screen but the CNC axel are not moving...

This is where I am... and would like a hand to get going

Thanks

Tommy
« Last Edit: June 11, 2013, 10:42:04 AM by ISOSKI »

Offline stirling

•  2,188 2,188
  • UK
    • View Profile
    • www.razordance.co.uk
« Reply #1754 on: June 11, 2013, 10:52:49 AM »
Hi Tommy - welcome to the forum

Best if you post your question in the general section as more people will read it there. This section is really just for introductions.

Cheers

Ian
« Reply #1755 on: June 11, 2013, 06:28:49 PM »
I am about sis month into from-scrath 900x950 mm CNC router. Currently using a parallel port 5 axis controler with only 3 axis employed for now. I can only use at about 400 mm/min with only reasonable accuracy. Too slow for guitar building. I have motor tuning to 40 steps/mm  -- 400 mm/min and accelleration of 50. Any faster and I drop too many steps. My understanding is that I may not achieve anything faster with a parallel port system. I am considering upgrade options. Considering the HYCNC-4L vs Smoothe stepper. Would like some input before proceeding further. How much speed would I gain with the USB controller? Do I understand correctly that th Smoothe Stepper is an intermediate interface between my PC and my existing parallel controller? If so would I have any net gain vs. the HYCNC-4L?
Thanks, Tim

Offline Tweakie.CNC

•  9,195 9,195
  • Super Kitty
    • View Profile
« Reply #1756 on: June 12, 2013, 02:30:27 AM »
Hi Tim,

Welcome to the forum.

Best if you post your question as a new topic in the general section (eg. How do I get more speed ?) this will attract more answers to help resolve your problem.

Fitting a Smooth Stepper (or other external motion controller) is pretty essential if you are using a laptop but it may not automatically give you more speed - there are many factors that need to be taken into account here.

Just for example; I get a 100% reliable axis speed of 4500mm/min using the parallel port but because of the improved pulse train and blended feed-rate the 100% reliable speed drops to 4000mm/min when using my Smooth Stepper.

(The Smooth Stepper replaces the PC'c parallel port and takes it's input from the PC via USB or Ethernet (depending on model) and then provides it's output as two separate parallel ports).

Tweakie.
PEACE
« Reply #1757 on: June 14, 2013, 10:24:54 PM »
hi, iam new in cnc anyone have PLCX 6045M JNC-40M Usb driver support windows 8? i have been post in jnc-40m configuration thread, if this is double post sorry about it.
please send the driver to me alexcfw73@yahoo.co.jp need it urgently to test my first machine. thanks.
« Reply #1758 on: June 15, 2013, 03:54:05 AM »
Im a new member to the forum and new to CNC, Based in the UK. My machine is a Hobbymatt BFE65 which we converted to full CNC a couple of months ago as introduction to CNC work. Other than machining i have restored old British motor cycles in the past and still own a 73 Norton and a 09 BMW.
« Reply #1759 on: June 17, 2013, 12:33:25 AM »
Hi !!! to all, I am new in this forum from now, but 35 years working around CNC. Since five years I am designing and building homemade CNC small routers. I am naval architect and mechanic engineer, and jewellery as a bobby to which I am applying CNC technics.
Mario