Hello Guest it is March 19, 2024, 05:52:06 AM

Author Topic: New people welcome !! Come in here and introduce your self!  (Read 4511584 times)

Offline GPDC

•  43 43
    • View Profile
Re: New people welcome !! Come in here and introduce your self!
« Reply #400 on: October 09, 2008, 05:03:16 AM »
George checking in....Machine Shop owner, we're an oem for automation "stuff"...I'm on my #4 machine, #2 was a PLC driven dedicated machine, so it's not true CNC as we think of it & the most important thing is that I was able to get into CNC machining w/o a large initial investment for a name machine...and that (and Vetric) nurtures the woodmonger in me so, a large, overdue & heartfelt THANK YOU to Art & Brian for first conceiving and then carrying thru to operating status their wonderful Mach software...and the exact same and more of it goes to Brett, Hood, Benny & all the others whos' brains I picked mercilessly to get to me up & running....George P

Offline Chaoticone

•  5,624 5,624
  • Precision Chaos
    • View Profile
« Reply #401 on: October 09, 2008, 07:12:51 AM »
Thanks George

Brett
;D If you could see the things I have in my head, you would be laughing too. ;D

My guard dog is not what you need to worry about!
« Reply #402 on: October 09, 2008, 07:16:41 AM »
Hello,  I  do not post on a regular basis because the few times I have posted and tried to help other members with answers to questions etc, I have been slammed by some of the regular posters.  This has not necessarily happened at this forum.  It has happened to me several times in other forums and I have made it a practice not to post unless absolutely necesary.  I am posting this reply because I do not want to be removed from the forum.

Offline Chaoticone

•  5,624 5,624
  • Precision Chaos
    • View Profile
« Reply #403 on: October 09, 2008, 07:23:01 AM »
We don't tolerate that here. As long as everyone plays nice, no reason for any one to start slamming others. If we see someone being mis-guided, of course we will say something but that should allways be done in good taste. More than one way to skin a cat and perspective's are often different. This form is for open debate as much as anything.

Tell us more about yourself.

Brett
;D If you could see the things I have in my head, you would be laughing too. ;D

My guard dog is not what you need to worry about!

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
« Reply #404 on: October 09, 2008, 07:27:33 AM »
Hello,  I  do not post on a regular basis because the few times I have posted and tried to help other members with answers to questions etc, I have been slammed by some of the regular posters.  This has not necessarily happened at this forum.  It has happened to me several times in other forums and I have made it a practice not to post unless absolutely necesary.  I am posting this reply because I do not want to be removed from the forum.

I am saddened to hear that and as Brett has said that is not tolerated here, please dont let that put you off posting, most here are good guys :)

Hood
« Reply #405 on: October 09, 2008, 08:25:47 AM »
Hi,

My name is Mike.  I've been lurking on the forum for a few months.

Only recently started with CNC though I did milling and turning as part of my RN apprenticeship.  Interests are varied; golf and boating (canal), astronomy, photography and making things in general.  I have an X2 CNC mini-mill with Mach 3 that I use to cut a variety of materials for a variety of purposes.  Currently I am trying to make a wooden clock and have made a few bits and pieces for the boat.

Work as a software tester and have a love of anything technical.

Don't how much I can contribute to the forum but enjoy reading the posts and soaking up the experience of some of the other contributors.

Cheers,

Mike
« Reply #406 on: October 09, 2008, 09:50:33 AM »
My name is Bill . I've retro fitted a Bridgeport series 1 mill that had a Crusader 2 control to Mach 3 using a 4 axis kit  from Candcnc and have almost finished a 4' x 4' plasma table also using a kit from Candcnc. I haven't finished the 4th axis for the mill yet but hope to get it done soon. Harvard5 is a reference to the WWII training aircraft (AT6 or SNJ in the USA.) which is why I got into the maching hobby was to build parts for a 1/4 scale RC model. The model isn't finished but the maching hobby has sort of taken over!!
« Reply #407 on: October 09, 2008, 04:06:58 PM »
Hi, I'm Joe (Joesnr)

Does anyone have a code for connection to the Boxford 125TCL Lathe?

« Reply #408 on: October 09, 2008, 04:26:22 PM »
Joe,
There are quite a few people running TCL machines on Mach3. Mine can be seen at:-

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=Ehit1ip1LfM

Post a new topic in General Mach Discussion rather than this thread and list your problems, you'll get all the help you need to get you started.

Regards,

Ian

« Reply #409 on: October 09, 2008, 07:13:22 PM »
Hi,I`m Claude from New=Brunswick , Canada, I`ve  been using mach 3 for about a year , great software  , build my own cnc machine , works pretty good, bought mach3 and bob-cad .Seem to work well together. Keep on routing!