Hello Guest it is March 19, 2024, 02:08:36 AM

Author Topic: New people welcome !! Come in here and introduce your self!  (Read 4511452 times)

Re: New people welcome !! Come in here and introduce your self!
« Reply #1690 on: March 17, 2013, 09:45:20 PM »
  ;D ;D ;) Hi everybody  , my introduction--Ex mechant navy electronics engineer. now doing product development. coverted Vertcal millimg machine to cnc. any intrumentaion quires most welcome. thanks Avninder Email- avnitechs@yahoo.com
« Reply #1691 on: March 18, 2013, 08:55:54 AM »
Hola a todos:
 No se si aquí es el espacio donde exponer mi problema, Tengo una maquina Sieg X2 equipada para CNC suficiente para lo que quiero hacer (pequeña mecánica) MI problema es el siguiente:

Tengo un  ordenador DELL con Windows 7 he tenido que reinstalar el Mach3 me dice que se ha instalado correctamente pero cuando intento introducir datos el  START/TEACH no funciona o sea no parpadea. mi pregunta es que puede haber pasado?, como puedo solucionarlo.
jalmirall
« Reply #1692 on: March 19, 2013, 07:26:39 PM »
Hi
My Name is Jon - I am new to the cnc world. I just purchased a cnc plasma table, after a couple of weeks I am now cutting signs with just a few bugs to work out yet along with some fine tuning. I am running Bobcad 24 with Mach3, I am finding out that I don't learn quite as fast as I used to but I am determined and seeing the first cuts was very exciting. I may be asking for some advise here and there on this forum for this is not my profession (yet) but have always enjoyed working with metal. I have found that the support staff Art Soft / Mach and at Bobcad very helpful in getting me started, Thanx for letting me join and look forward to the info I gain here - now if you could only get it to stop snowing in WI

Offline Chaoticone

•  5,624 5,624
  • Precision Chaos
    • View Profile
« Reply #1693 on: March 19, 2013, 08:24:47 PM »
Welcome to the forum Jon!  You will find lots of good guys here.  I wouldn't doubt you might even find a few to stop the snow.  I'm pretty sure a few of them are Immortals.   ;D

Brett

;D If you could see the things I have in my head, you would be laughing too. ;D

My guard dog is not what you need to worry about!
« Reply #1694 on: March 19, 2013, 09:55:38 PM »
Hello,
My name is Gary Lucas. I'm building a project with my 9 year old grandson.  As a joke I refer to it as the Ifactory.  I currently work in the waste water industry doing 3D design of equipment skids.  I also have a heavy electrical background, along with PLC programming.  I also worked as a programmer on Fadal machining centers and made parts for a few years on a Bandit CNC.
I picked up some very robust precision THK GL20N ball slides with ball screws and then came up with a somewhat unusual arrangement of the three Cartesian axis.  Travels are 18" X, 18" Y, and 18" Z.  I Also purchased a manual Sherline mill/lathe that is providing the milling spindle and a lathe spindle (I have two) so I can configure it as a CNC Vertical 4 axis Mill, CNC Horizontal 4 axis Mill, CNC Vertical Lathe, CNC Horizontal 3 axis Lathe.  My configuration can be extremely stiff over small distances so I should be able to use it as a planer or shaper as well.  I am going to mount up a hacksaw as well for cutting off material.  I also have a fifth axis, (switchable with the 4th) which runs an extruder for 3D printing.  It also has a heated build table for the printer.  The whole thing is mounted on a surplus 24" square 205 lb. surface plate that was hand scraped, and is dead flat.  The table is supported by an aluminum T-Slot frame and has a full enclosure with sliding doors because I can't let a 9 year old get hurt!  Currently it is mechanically about 95% complete, the tremendous amount of electrical cabling is all strapped down, and the two electrical panels are completed built and all the heavy power wiring is done.  Hopefully I'll power it up in about two weeks.  Working on Mach3 configuration this week.

Offline Tweakie.CNC

•  9,194 9,194
  • Super Kitty
    • View Profile
« Reply #1695 on: March 20, 2013, 02:52:40 AM »
Hi Gary,

Welcome to the forum.

Sounds like a very interesting machine you and your grandson are building.  8)

Tweakie.
PEACE
« Reply #1696 on: March 20, 2013, 09:57:07 AM »
Hi, my name is Brian.  

I'm very new to the CNC world and hope to learn a lot in the next few months.  I recently purchased a Zen Toolworks 12x12 machine to get my feet wet and see if this is something I want to pursue further.

I have many hobbies already; some of which include playing the drums, mountain biking, working on Mustangs, and drag racing.  Other hobbies that I have (that I haven't done in a long time) are model trains, R/C planes, shooting guns, hand loading ammo, and wood working.  Being a father of two (2.5 year-old boy and 1.5 year-old girl) and a home owner, most of my time is spent with my family and doing chores around the house, so I don't get a whole lot of time to enjoy my hobbies.  Hopefully this new CNC stuff will give me something that I can easily fit into my spare time around the house and maybe even help with other hobbies, chores around the house, and even making things for the kids.

I’m very optimistic and look forward to the experience ahead of me.

- Brian
« Reply #1697 on: March 20, 2013, 10:56:07 PM »
Hi Gary,

Welcome to the forum.

Sounds like a very interesting machine you and your grandson are building.  8)

Tweakie.

Tweakie,

I've looked at some of your posts, you have done some amazing stuff!

I've got a long history of my own building automation projects.  My dad was an electrician and bought an Atlas lathe for our home shop when I was about ten.  He also worked for Mettler and brought in  swiss machinist to mount the new chuck, and give some machining tips.  He also taught me how to weld about then.  This past Saturday I took him out to breakfast from the assisted living place then he came over to the shop at my employer to watch me crank the handles on the clapped out bridgeport I keep there.  Right next to it though is my sweet, like new 1952 Southbend 10" lathe mounted on a stand with a collet drawer built in!

I was telling him about Tyler (grandson) turning the dials to position holes and that he picked up quickly how to use the edgefinder, count turns and stop at the right numbers.  Dad said something about my grandson running the machine and maybe getting hurt.  I said what about when I was 10 and you taught me to use a lathe and weld?  Then he repeated the story he always tells about me welding on a job out in the driveway.  A car stopped to complain about the arc blinding people coming down the road.  The guy just about had a puppy when an 11 year old kid raised the helmet to see what was going on!

I'll try to post some pictures in a little while.  I need to dress her up a bit, looks a bit naked right now.

Gary H. Lucas
« Reply #1698 on: March 23, 2013, 09:33:41 PM »
My name is Tim Harry and I'm in Alabama. Started CNC programming about a year ago. Self teaching myself. We are upgrading a Bridgeport VMC 1000 at work with new computer, screen, motors, drives etc.. Will be using Mach 3 as my software. Looking foward to learning more about this and staying informed on this forum :)

Offline Carlb

•  10 10
    • View Profile
« Reply #1699 on: March 23, 2013, 10:30:58 PM »
Hey All,

Certainly glad this forum is as active as it is, boy have I got some questions ;) but first things first, the obligatory intro.

Just retired, and as with most retirements you end up looking for something to do so I bought a Chinese CNC Router (3040Z-DQ) off eBay and am playing with that and obviously Mach3 as I'd like to make/engrave timber ends and other bits for my many and varied vintage synthesizers and amp cabinets.

Sorta pretty much it really, the mention of Synthesizers should give away my other passion, now to find the board that can hopefully answer my two main questions.

Cheers
Carl