Hello Guest it is December 12, 2019, 11:37:42 AM

Author Topic: New people welcome !! Come in here and introduce your self!  (Read 3497776 times)

Offline LGF

•  37 37
  • can't sit still
    • View Profile
Re: New people welcome !! Come in here and introduce your self!
« Reply #1960 on: August 28, 2014, 06:28:22 AM »
Hi as well ,
My build has been a long time coming as with most it was going to be relatively easy and as many I guess have found it is a challenge to say the least .I have been lucky to have great support close by Homann Designs  great product ,I however don't have the electrical prowess but I am learning slowly along with mach 3 I think I need the tutorials on disc so as to watch them again and again for the things I have missed I will get there ,cheers all.

Exactly the same with me, thought it was going to be easy and ironic enough the more I get to read the less i know and even worse the less i understand. At first I thought I knew what to do, now I don't even know who I am hahahahahaha
When I die, will someone please dress up as the Grim Reaper and attend my funeral. No need to do or say anything, just attend and stand a short distance away? PLEASE???
« Reply #1961 on: September 02, 2014, 11:09:33 PM »
my name is Kent and I am the managing partner of a law firm in Vancouver Canada although I was trained in London England. I purchased and put together a CNC system from SOC Robotics recently and am now taking in the steep learning curve in Mach 3 and finding it very difficult despite my innate ability to read complex materials.

Hoping this forum may be what I need to put the theories into practice.

Offline om

•  1 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #1962 on: September 03, 2014, 03:22:39 AM »
Hi, I am Om Trehan. I read the book on 3D CNC  "BUILD YOUR OWN CNC machine, Patrick Hood-Daniel James.....".  In building the machine,  we changed from the MFB or wood structure to Thick sheet metal and castings changed dimensioning TO mm in our drawings.  Have done the mechanical parts, but stuck at electronics, as till now not able to find how I can connect USB output from by Dell c0m-uter to the breaker board and to the stepper motors through drivers, without the parallel port connection form the computer.  We have a 3D Printer, which we are programming and connected to the same Dell computer.

I retired from Intel USA. After working for 16 years in India around 24 years in USA, as a manufacturing, Design, QC and what not, engineer in various Major Corporations in Both the courtiers. Have limited hands on CNC or programing experience.  This machine building I have taken as a hobby and plan to build this one in India first and then may build one in Denver area in USA, if ever I will do it.  AT PRESENT I SPEND Winters few months in New Delhi area in India, where I have a small hobby cum service shop.

Any body working on this kind of problems and project and ready to exchange on How to connect electrical for CNC can call me in India 9181266079044 or email omtrehan@hotmail.com.  I am Very happy to join the group.

Om Trehan PE MSME
Som Intl,

« Reply #1963 on: September 03, 2014, 02:34:16 PM »
Hello All!!
My name is Chad.  I am a man of few words.  So, in short, We have been using Mach 3 for several years and just recently have had the opportunity to really dig into more features of it.  I find this forum to be extremely helpful and am glad so many people put their input into problems. 
Chad Byrd
« Reply #1964 on: September 09, 2014, 09:15:48 AM »
Hi there,
my name is Poppy Ann from Mansfield England and I am new to this forum plus to cnc machines (if i do not count my work from 45 years ago) as yet i do not have a machine to use but i am thinking of either building a cnc mill/engraver or buying one ready made (just a small home machine).

My interests are building radio control models and have several quads plus a couple of planes and cars not that i ever seem to go out and use them.

I have only been back in UK for a couple of years as i was living on my sail boat in the caribbean for the 10 years before returning here, i stopped work when i was 48 due to disability caused by an accident i had when in the army many years ago.

I have only just downloaded the software and installed it so expect to see me asking many questions in the future.

regards Poppy Ann.

« Reply #1965 on: September 09, 2014, 07:07:55 PM »
Hi all,
 I'm Dave, from the uk (just a few miles north of Poppy ^)(hi Poppy small world eh?)

Been using Mach mill for a few years now on a consumer unit (mikinimech 1610l)
 just had a crash course over the past couple of weeks into retrofitting a 1980's denford cnc lathe, a total tear down and rebuild, just kept the bed,spindle and ATC. lathe conversion is almost finished barr top half of the enclosure which will have to wait a few weeks as being fabricated by local weld shop, oh and a macro for the ATC.

« Reply #1966 on: September 16, 2014, 03:58:14 PM »
We go by GATS. We have an old Digi-Tool 5 ft by 8 ft router delivered in 1995.  Company is out of business and brain went bad and no one to fix.....   Installed the PMDX-126 board and the Gecko motro controllers.

Installed Mach 3 software.  Setup of machine went OK and motors run with the arrow keys but can't seem to calibrate the machine.   We tell it to move 10 inches and it moves 5.   The motors are 200 steps per rev. 
« Reply #1967 on: September 22, 2014, 03:28:34 PM »
hello to all I am a very very newbie for cnc machine, I bought a chinese router machine with rotary axis, but I have installed ncstudio that doesn't work and doesn't have some support, so please I will ask to you to help me to change motherboard and to pass to mach3, please....
« Reply #1968 on: September 24, 2014, 05:16:03 AM »
Hi everybody from france.
I come here to find answers for few problems and learn more mach3.
« Reply #1969 on: September 28, 2014, 06:52:58 PM »
Hi everyone, I've been using Mach3 for several years now but apparently all the documentation and forum stuff has been good enough to get me up and running without ever creating an account. Now I'm using a new PC and I have problems so I've come searching (to no avail) for some answers and need to create an account so I can ask some questions.
Here is my build thread on the MechMate forums where I build my CNC router and learned about this software as a great interface between the computer and my Gecko.
http://www.mechmate.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2012