Hello Guest it is March 19, 2024, 01:43:06 AM

Author Topic: New people welcome !! Come in here and introduce your self!  (Read 4511438 times)

Re: New people welcome !! Come in here and introduce your self!
« Reply #1960 on: September 03, 2014, 02:34:16 PM »
Hello All!!
My name is Chad.  I am a man of few words.  So, in short, We have been using Mach 3 for several years and just recently have had the opportunity to really dig into more features of it.  I find this forum to be extremely helpful and am glad so many people put their input into problems. 
Chad Byrd
« Reply #1961 on: September 09, 2014, 09:15:48 AM »
Hi there,
my name is Poppy Ann from Mansfield England and I am new to this forum plus to cnc machines (if i do not count my work from 45 years ago) as yet i do not have a machine to use but i am thinking of either building a cnc mill/engraver or buying one ready made (just a small home machine).

My interests are building radio control models and have several quads plus a couple of planes and cars not that i ever seem to go out and use them.

I have only been back in UK for a couple of years as i was living on my sail boat in the caribbean for the 10 years before returning here, i stopped work when i was 48 due to disability caused by an accident i had when in the army many years ago.

I have only just downloaded the software and installed it so expect to see me asking many questions in the future.

regards Poppy Ann.

« Reply #1962 on: September 09, 2014, 07:07:55 PM »
Hi all,
 I'm Dave, from the uk (just a few miles north of Poppy ^)(hi Poppy small world eh?)

Been using Mach mill for a few years now on a consumer unit (mikinimech 1610l)
 just had a crash course over the past couple of weeks into retrofitting a 1980's denford cnc lathe, a total tear down and rebuild, just kept the bed,spindle and ATC. lathe conversion is almost finished barr top half of the enclosure which will have to wait a few weeks as being fabricated by local weld shop, oh and a macro for the ATC.

« Reply #1963 on: September 16, 2014, 03:58:14 PM »
We go by GATS. We have an old Digi-Tool 5 ft by 8 ft router delivered in 1995.  Company is out of business and brain went bad and no one to fix.....   Installed the PMDX-126 board and the Gecko motro controllers.

Installed Mach 3 software.  Setup of machine went OK and motors run with the arrow keys but can't seem to calibrate the machine.   We tell it to move 10 inches and it moves 5.   The motors are 200 steps per rev. 
« Reply #1964 on: September 22, 2014, 03:28:34 PM »
hello to all I am a very very newbie for cnc machine, I bought a chinese router machine with rotary axis, but I have installed ncstudio that doesn't work and doesn't have some support, so please I will ask to you to help me to change motherboard and to pass to mach3, please....
« Reply #1965 on: September 24, 2014, 05:16:03 AM »
Hi everybody from france.
I come here to find answers for few problems and learn more mach3.
« Reply #1966 on: September 28, 2014, 06:52:58 PM »
Hi everyone, I've been using Mach3 for several years now but apparently all the documentation and forum stuff has been good enough to get me up and running without ever creating an account. Now I'm using a new PC and I have problems so I've come searching (to no avail) for some answers and need to create an account so I can ask some questions.
Here is my build thread on the MechMate forums where I build my CNC router and learned about this software as a great interface between the computer and my Gecko.
http://www.mechmate.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2012

Offline Coils

•  15 15
    • View Profile
« Reply #1967 on: September 28, 2014, 07:06:10 PM »
Hello Brian
Can't see the thread unless your registered at that site
« Reply #1968 on: September 28, 2014, 11:08:54 PM »
OOPS. I didn't realize they required that, I thought it was only required to download the plans and to post. If your're not registered and thinking about building a CNC router it's a great forum, even if you're just interested in seeing other peoples builds.

I don't want to sound like I'm fishing for folks to look at that site though so if these posts need to be deleted or modified hopefully a mod will let me know.

The synopsis of the thread I linked to is this...
I work at a theatre in Seattle, we wanted to be able to use CNC routing as a tool for building scenery and props so I set aside 3 weeks of my time at work and built a 4x8 3 axis cnc router table. We've been using it for several years now and have been really pleased with the things it helps us build. We've done all kinds of basic profile cuts, some engraving type stuff, and a little bit of 3D carving using 3D models that we made ourselves and some that we found a purchased online.
« Reply #1969 on: September 30, 2014, 04:26:50 PM »
Hi,
My name is Brian and I wear a lot of hats in a small town. One of the things I do is program PLC's and another is some machine work. Maybe you guys can help me put the two together. I am currently trying to figure out how to engrave using a Chinese mini mill.

Brian